Dating single parents

I cant answer that for u..only u can answer that for yourself about being ready for kids but from memory, I recall that u are about 19 years old. Of course, u are more likely not interested nor ready for kids. I wasnt at that age. Ha!

As for tattoos..I have one and I got it after my daughter was born. No bad influence on the kids. When I got my teaching job and I wanted to wear capris, I did check with my boss about my ankle tattoo to make sure it was appropriate..he said it was fine as long as there was nothing offensive. I think more people are open minded about tatoos so if u want a tatoo and kids later, go for it! :)

At 18 I never imagined having kids and at that age I acutally disliked kids for the most part. At `9 I found myself pregnant and I could not even bear the thought of abortion or adoption so here I am at 23 going on 24 and proud momma of a 3 year old going on 4 come September. Amazing how having your own kid changes your heart. People always ask if I want more and I have to honestly tell them, as a single parent, no one is plenty. If I were married and settled down then yeah one more maybe two. I also would not minding 'inheriting' step children.

BTW - my church is heavily against tattooing and guess what - I am seriously thinking about getting a cross tattooed on my arm. :giggle:

I don't mind dating a single father who has kids, I love kids I would even treat them as my own. ;)

At 18 I never imagined having kids and at that age I acutally disliked kids for the most part. At `9 I found myself pregnant and I could not even bear the thought of abortion or adoption so here I am at 23 going on 24 and proud momma of a 3 year old going on 4 come September. Amazing how having your own kid changes your heart. People always ask if I want more and I have to honestly tell them, as a single parent, no one is plenty. If I were married and settled down then yeah one more maybe two. I also would not minding 'inheriting' step children.

U are only 23 years old? Damn...I thought u were my age...35 years old cuz you seem so mature for your age. U have a LOT of potential ahead of u..so many things u can decide what u want to to. I know the saying "It is never to late" but as u get older, it seems harder to try new things as if u were younger. PLlllssssss TAKE advantage of your youth and pursue something that u can make a career out of. I wish I had pursued the interior designing passion in my 20s...but I let people empower me rather than empowering myself. Now, I am 35 years old and I cant take that risk of changing careers ...maybe when my kids are all grown up, I will go to interior designing school. Right now, my priorities are my family's needs. Also, my husband wants to go back to school for his BA so I cant return to school until he is done. I already have my MA degree so I can wait but I know I would want to go back to school for either interior designing or for a PhD. I know u have a kid but is it possible for u to go to school to pursue the dream u want?

BTW - my church is heavily against tattooing and guess what - I am seriously thinking about getting a cross tattooed on my arm. :giggle:

Why is your church against it? I have a strong rebellious personality which is why I dont fit in well with church even though going to church can be interesting. I just cannot live with other people's rules imposing on me.. I have a natural tendency to rebel...just stupid, I guess but I cant help it. Umm....can u hide it? I want another tatoo but I gained SO much weight from my 2nd pregancy and I dont feel confident with my body now. I used to be soooo fit and sexy ...I hope to lose it or at least to tone up and feel that way and maybe I would get a 2nd tatoo. I know I want one but I dont feel too good about my image right now. I know it is silly but I cant help it. WAAAAHHHHHHH!!! LOL!

I don't mind to date any single fathers. Also, I would appreciate if a man accepts my children to be in his life. He must love my children and they love him before me then we can get married for rest of our lives.
My current boyfriend seem that he doesn't get along with my children because they are wild and stubborn. Of course, they are just kids!
I never been married yet and still desire to be a wife. I am only 29 years old, but that is okay. Patience is Patience, that is what it is for me.

Single mom's of young boys are fine by me. But if the single mom has young girls, I'd stay away from them because the young girls can become nasty monsters that could easily get me in big trouble over little misunderstandings.

Richard

I was a single mother of 2 children in late 1990's and early 2000.
My sister introduce me to lance in mid 1999. I wasn't ready to date at that time.
But then I realized my kids adores him. I only want to see my children having lots of funs because they are more important for me to focus and to make sure they are happy, so Lance and I finally date June 2000. Yes It took me a year later to date him :giggle: that's so important for me to make sure my children are so happy Not sad like in past!

So, My husband Lance and I have been married since May 12, 2001! We're very happy family.. My husband also adopted my two kids and we also have our son Everett. :)

Wendy

Well, this has taken a lot of thought over the years and, believe it or not, I have made a decision.

I asked a childhood friend of mine who married a woman with a child what he thought. He told me he felt the same way I did, that he didn't want someone else's problem, etc, etc. Then, his mother sat him down to discuss it and she told him that the man who gave him his last name is NOT his biological father. He married her with, I think, three kids, and gave them all his last name. She asked him (my friend) who he thought he was to have that kind of attitude.

This is my decision. If the woman is honest with me from the beginning and inform me of the child, we can try a go of it. If the father is not in the child's life, I will want to know why. I may want to talk with him, if I'm serious about the lady and ask if he'd be willing to relinquish his rights. If so, which a lot of guys would rather do (not me, though), I'd get the legal paperwork done and on the wedding day, the child's last name is changed to mine. A new beginning for child (ren), a new beginning for all of us. I wouldn't have it any other way.

:lol: Well, all of my children are fully grown up and what's more, I am sterlized... can't give anymore children. :)

I guess, any man who have never experienced bein' a fatherhood...then, he can try to find a woman who can give him a child/or children. ;)

Or those dead beat fathers who go years without seeing their kids but when the woman decides to remarry he all of a suddenly wants everything to do with his child(ren) and tries to make the new stepfather out to be a monster.

In my personal situation it has just been that - I kicked my ex-husband out of the house because he wasnt doing much to help, extra-marital relationships, and felony crimes he comitted. He hasnt seen my DD since 2003. If he suddenly pops up again I will make it quite clear that there is very little he can do to 'make up', and not to expect much communication or attention from Maddie. She doesnt even remember her dad, and I think for the overal situation it is best that way.

I don't mind dating a single father its been cool with me. I had dated two guys who were single dad's in my past. I got close to single dad#1 's daughter, she was young (2 years old) at the time and shy. Now, she's 22 yikes! where does the time fly LOL

Well.. I do like kids yes, but I don't want them to trap my life you know.. Like what if I am love with other same sex, but I can't because of kids, or what if I want to put the tattoo on my body, then I will have bad influence on kids, or something like that.. Or maybe it is just me that I am not ready for kids?

I have 5 tats and it in no way determines how my children are raised. My childrend do not lie, steal or cheat. They are so well behaved and well mannered that most people can not believe it. I was raised that way and so will they be. The tats are just an expression of me they are not an example of how I raise my kids.

I wouldn't mind I love kids . I was dating single deaf mother that has kids..

Does it bother you that you dating single mother or father that kids???
There is absolutely nothing wrong with dating a single parent. Remember that you want to try and get along with the kids if you decide to become serious. the kids are not always gonna look at you as there parent but if you decide to become serious you need to know that those kids will at some point need to feel accepted by you. if you are just dating and don't want to become serious with this person i would not spend alot of time around those kids, they will become attached and that is something hard for a kid to let go of. but once again if you become serious you have to be willing to agree on how you will discipline together and you will be their step father.so before you continue take into consideration where you want the relationship to go.they are not your biological kids so, remember you will need to bond with them. and if their is any resistance from those kids, it's because they want to be a little selfish with that parent it's who they have. So yes there are pros, and cons, just be mindful of those kids, their hearts, and what they may have gone through. if you get serious with this person, those kids have to feel extra special too.
ESTHERSCROWN

funny my ex said he wouldnt mind marrying me and have a ready made family.. but only he didnt spend time with me and TJ.. i should have noticed that? now the next time i find someone.. i prefer if he is already a father that will be understanding when it come to kids and having to cancel plans etc. made sense to me as he would be openminded? i noticed not many would wnat to date a single parent.. they prefer to date someone who doesnt have any kids at all? i wonder why.... i guess life without kids hassle free? and being selfish keep the momma all to himself?? show that he is thinking of himself? sigh! the next time i find someone i want the guy to love Tj like his own... :D

spainmale said:
... Does it bother you that you dating single mother with kids?
:wave: I never mind single gal, married, whatever, as long as they are breathing.

Hells bells, she could have 20 children for all I care, no bother me, I act just like the youngest one anyway.

Back