Dating and Dining on a FIRST Date, do you....

The bill for dinner comes, who pays for it?

• The gentleman, always treat a lady right even if the date isn't great

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • The lady, who says everything gotta be traditional?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split the check, no matter what the outcome of the date is.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • If the date goes sour, I just walk out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the person I'm dating at that point

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
That statement is just given in my personal experiences so far mostly in my life and generation/age group though. I don't mean it as an offense to anyone, it's just a personal sentiment.

For every consecutive meal after the first, if the girl keeps believing she's entitled be paid for, it subconsciously warns me that she's not going to be my type. I do not mean I will not treat someone out and pay for them. If they continually expect that I'm to be paying every time we go out, by the fifth time or so I've had enough of her (if there hasn't been other personality traits I wasn't fond of by then).

If I have a friend who's a girl that goes on our weekly friday/saturday dinners and she's willing to foot her own bill some of the times, she's good material in my book. Part of that is probably when I was in college, we'd always go out as a group every weekend and most of the times we go dutch if the relationship has not been fully established yet.

Someone has to do the initiating for any event, is it always going to end up being the guy and he will have to pay every time they go out?

From my experience. I have offered to pay several times. Guys tend to try to impress the girl by taking the tab, even when women offer to pay.

right but dating can happen at the two same time but being in relationship then It is definintely a big no no.

Right. Although it's sometimes a sticky topic because people also often expect to get a relationship out of it. However, casual dating is pretty normal. A lot of people date for the fun of it rather than getting serious about it.

Although I never dated more than one person at a time. Guess I just preferred to focus on a particular person at a time rather than two. It seems like too much of a hassle and not to mention that I would burn holes through my pockets. :lol:

Right. Although it's sometimes a sticky topic because people also often expect to get a relationship out of it. However, casual dating is pretty normal. A lot of people date for the fun of it rather than getting serious about it.

Although I never dated more than one person at a time. Guess I just preferred to focus on a particular person at a time rather than two. It seems like too much of a hassle and not to mention that I would burn holes through my pockets. :lol:

:lol: totally!

I still don't see other people as my competitors. Either you get the job or not. I never saw the need to compete with anyone. I do whatever I want to do with my life.

People who feel the need to compete with the others often have self-esteem issues. It's an inferiority complex. Big time.

Regardless of whether you think you are not competing, you are. You think that job you go for is just for you? You think people don't have a choice to choose you or someone else? That's amazing.

If you are dating two people at the same time, it shows that you are not taking the relationships seriously. Commitment isn't even in the picture.

How do you know there is commitment on the other side?

Let me guess, you just trust that person right?

Regardless of whether you think you are not competing, you are. You think that job you go for is just for you? You think people don't have a choice to choose you or someone else? That's amazing.

Yes, it is amazing.

simple..... you talk to her about it and she will tell you right away.

Jiro, I hate to be the one who breaks this to you, but the truth is, "women lie". I know this is a huge shock and the women around you never told you, but it's true. Those are the breaks... :dunno2:

Jiro, I hate to be the one who breaks this to you, but the truth is, "women lie". I know this is a huge shock and the women around you never told you, but it's true. Those are the breaks... :dunno2:

I lied too. everyone lies. :laugh2:

For some, it is. For me, not really. A lot of people end up getting divorced because they made the mistake of getting married in the first place.

yup. they were hoping that marriage will fix their SO's flaws or make them different. big mistake.

Back