Dating and Dining on a FIRST Date, do you....

The bill for dinner comes, who pays for it?

• The gentleman, always treat a lady right even if the date isn't great

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • The lady, who says everything gotta be traditional?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split the check, no matter what the outcome of the date is.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • If the date goes sour, I just walk out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the person I'm dating at that point

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
If someone has been doing well in the dating scene, doesn't it make sense that they have an optimistic view?

And vice versa.

so you are not interested in getting married?

I used to be interested in getting married and starting a family. Now that I'm older and I know I'm never going to have children marriage is not a central goal anymore. I'm looking for a serious monogamous relationship, but I'm not looking for marriage.

I used to be interested in getting married and starting a family. Now that I'm older and I know I'm never going to have children marriage is not a central goal anymore. I'm looking for a serious monogamous relationship, but I'm not looking for marriage.

Ah, gotcha. All you want when you please. No problem. :)

Oh, how about this, you take her to some place that serves food for which she has a food allergy and she's sick for a week. Did you figure all that out in a minute as well? Or, how about whether the place is even open at that time?

And, in that time, you should be trying to figure out if she's a psycho as well, it's not all about her.
Oh, how about this, you take her to some place that gets hit by a flaming meteor and she glows green for a week.

Come on now. Quit fretting about all the "what ifs" and take some chances.

Oh, how about this, you take her to some place that gets hit by a flaming meteor and she glows green for a week.

I disagree. I wish life was like that, but you have to be prepared. You can do 100 things right, but if the one thing you do wrong is a deal breaker you're out.

Now, that doesn't mean you have to have every detail down, but the basics have to be covered.

I disagree. I wish life was like that, but you have to be prepared. You can do 100 things right, but if the one thing you do wrong is a deal breaker you're out.

Now, that doesn't mean you have to have every detail down, but the basics have to be covered.

Must be so exhausting...

Ironically, I've been watching Nikita series. The one with Maggie Q.

That would be quite a good outcome from being hit by a flaming meteor :lol:

I have never seen other guys as competition..... Then again I AM me. :cool2:

The basics when you go on a dinner date are:

* Take a shower, brush your teeth, put on fresh clothing.

* Make sure you bring enough money or have an adequate card balance to cover the evening's expenses.

* Show up on time.

* Be polite.

* NO TEXTING DURING THE DATE.

* Show interest in your date (without being stalker weird).

* Relax. If she wasn't at least somewhat interested in you, she wouldn't have said yes to the date in the first place.

* Do not go to an all-you-can-eat buffet unless she suggested it.

* Go to a sports bar only if a team you both strongly support is playing that night; otherwise, the games are too distracting.

* If you're driving the date, clean out the trash from your car and make sure there are no sticky places.

* Don't whine about old girlfriends.

I never realized dutch dating could come across as not being generous. Good point.

Would you say that one person paying the bill and switching would be better than splitting the bill consistently? (with the assumption that both individuals make the same income)

well, the way I see it is if we mutually discussed about where to go for a meal, I'm already assuming I'm paying my half but if this was a guy who invited me out on a romantic date, I'm assuming he's paying.

But if he absolutely insists on paying, won't fight him on it.

So much depends on context. The original question was about the first date, not over the whole length of a relationship. For a first date, I think the guy should pay. But he should pick an activity that he can easily afford. A fancy evening out seems like too much, too soon. Unless that' s his usual lifestyle, it just seems like working too hard to impress.

So much depends on context. The original question was about the first date, not over the whole length of a relationship. For a first date, I think the guy should pay. But he should pick an activity that he can easily afford. A fancy evening out seems like too much, too soon. Unless that' s his usual lifestyle, it just seems like working too hard to impress.

And not only that, we all know that hot and heavy pursuit, and wooing and courting dies down once the couple becomes an official couple. heh.

I learned all I know about dating by listening to Eddie Rabbit songs

whats a date?! aha movies, bar then back to the crib :P works 50 percent of the time 100 percent of the time! and yes ill pay i learned about dating from fonzie

The basics when you go on a dinner date are:

* Take a shower, brush your teeth, put on fresh clothing.

* Make sure you bring enough money or have an adequate card balance to cover the evening's expenses.

* Show up on time.

* Be polite.

* NO TEXTING DURING THE DATE.

* Show interest in your date (without being stalker weird).

* Relax. If she wasn't at least somewhat interested in you, she wouldn't have said yes to the date in the first place.

* Do not go to an all-you-can-eat buffet unless she suggested it.

* Go to a sports bar only if a team you both strongly support is playing that night; otherwise, the games are too distracting.

* If you're driving the date, clean out the trash from your car and make sure there are no sticky places.

* Don't whine about old girlfriends.

Excellent tips, unfortunately i see that the marriage won't come up.

VG, you sound like you really need to fish in a different pond, or change what type you are fishing for. So sad that you cannot seem to find decent women - when there are so many out there.

VG, you sound like you really need to fish in a different pond, or change what type you are fishing for. So sad that you cannot seem to find decent women - when there are so many out there.

mbrek, you've got it wrong, I'm giving advice not asking for it. If people don't want to deal with the reality of what life is like, there's nothing I can do about it. I wish life was like that, but it just isn't.

As deaf people, we have to fight a little harder, be a little smarter than everyone else. Fortunately, we're up to the task. Just sayin...

Back