Date ideas!

Em903

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need a little bit of help! I had started planning a date for me and the man I am dating who is deaf and had everything set but it looks like it might rain and that would kind of ruin what I had planned. What I had set previously was:

Dinner at this really nice gourmet pizza place called Bazbeaux.
Carriage ride around the Canals in Downtown Indianapolis.
Possibly walking around the city depending on time frame.
*if* he is up for it, some drinks at a martini bar.

The whole big point was the carriage ride and while they do have tops for such weather events (snow or rain that we might have) I think it would kind of ruin it :(

I know you guys don't live in my city and couldn't tell me any specifics but what about some general ideas? The date is this Friday the 10th. Would greatly appreciate any feedback :)

Thanks!
M

I think it is a wonderful idea! I would love it if a man does that for me, whether it rain/snow or not...there is always a blanket to cuddle underneath and sip from a flask bottle with schnapps or brandy or whatnot...

Thank you :) I REALLY want to surprise him, he's very special to me and I like him a lot! This is our picture, before I got all tan and my haircut! lol

darinme3.jpg

cute pix of you guys carly hope things go well on your date if it's your first date.. good luck ;)

Thank you :) Not our first date, we've been to starbucks many times not as dates but just to talk and then we went to a pizza place, and Steak N Shake (midwest burger joint) similar to In N Out but not nearly as delicious lol.

Carly2k5; said:
I need a little bit of help! ... what about some general ideas? ... Would greatly appreciate any feedback Thanks! M
:wave: M, go fishing! :applause: Good things come to those who bait! :giggle:

Hope this helps. Have fun youse kids!

I would keep the plan going unless it is meant to be raining cats and dogs... snow... who cares... that's even more romantic ;) I'd just plan bringing a big warm blanket along :D

Sounds like a very nice date! He's going to love it :giggle:

Jamie

Thank you :) I REALLY want to surprise him, he's very special to me and I like him a lot! This is our picture, before I got all tan and my haircut! lol

darinme3.jpg

Does he have a twin brother? He is CUTE! :naughty:

Does he have a twin brother? He is CUTE! :naughty:

LOL! No he doesn't, only a sister. Even my hairdresser said he's cute and I said, "He's straight and he's mine" LOL. Just saw him today since he's back from vacation, all tan! Wow! nice :) I think I will keep on with the plans, he's all curious about it, told him it was a surprise! hehehe.

Good luck on your date.

Is the weather still looking bad where you are at?

Good luck on your date.

Is the weather still looking bad where you are at?

The temperatures for Friday have gone up for the forecast but it also went from a 30% chance rain to a 60% chance :(

High 50 Low 43

Grrr to weather!

Oh no!! :(

So what are your plans now?

Seems like everyday it change so see what tomorrow says. We have a nice state museum we could go to a bit earlier in the day otherwise. I promise I'll take pictures though!! smile

:lol: please do let us know how your Friday night date plans go!

Museum are cool! as well as a nice dinner and movie. Indoors events, such as bowling or roller/ice skating may be fun as well. :)

Skating sounds good too, haven't done that in awhile! Can't do bowling or I'd have to bowl left handed. My right elbow has a pinched nerve and that would really hurt! lol

Bad news :(

We had to cancel our plans because his mom is sick in the hospital and he's leaving for home, Kansas, long drive. I totally understand so we're postponing it. The plus side is we went out for some coffee tonight and had a good time.

Low and behold I also found out I had been signing "soon" not quite right... I was starting to get really close to the word, "gay" yea... EMBARRASSING! omg. There's another funny moment for us in learning about each other :)

We might do horseback riding that's in Brown County, Indiana. Not that expensive either, like $38 per rider. So maybe since it will be nicer we might change it up a bit! smiles

oh and he's afraid of this surprise lol, mischievous grin.

:lol: <- laughing at the embarrassing moment...

Too bad you had to postpone your date. Hope his mum is ok... The good thing out of this is that the next day you are planning it, it might not rain cats and dogs... ;)

Horse back riding sounds VERY interesting to me! Love that, plus it's soooo romantic too ;)

HAPPY EASTER Carly

:hug: Jamie

Aw thank you! you too :) enjoy some chocolate eggs! (I love cadbury ones!) :lol:

We had to cancel our plans because his mom is sick in the hospital and he's leaving for home, Kansas, long drive. I totally understand so we're postponing it. The plus side is we went out for some coffee tonight and had a good time.

Low and behold I also found out I had been signing "soon" not quite right... I was starting to get really close to the word, "gay" yea... EMBARRASSING! omg. There's another funny moment for us in learning about each other :)

We might do horseback riding that's in Brown County, Indiana. Not that expensive either, like $38 per rider. So maybe since it will be nicer we might change it up a bit! smiles

oh and he's afraid of this surprise lol, mischievous grin.

First of all. Pinch your index finger with your thumb, and open the rest!! Like you are signing the letter F, when you sign soon. Do not leave a gap between the index and thumb. (like you would with a G) :giggle: I am sure you already figured that one out. :D as you said!!

Hilarious!! Bet he had a good laugh too..

Sorry to hear about your plans being delayed.

Perhaps, the weather will be nice for the next date that you plan. The original one. Horse and buggy ride! :D

Wish you the best... You guys are already sounding like a cute, understanding couple!! :D

My idea of the perfect date is a blanket, cheap wine, and a night sky full of stars. I've never been impressed with fancy prancy stuff like expensive restaurants and that kind of thing.

Horseback riding is good, too! :)

Back