date how long before engaged??

This is more for the girls, but would love a males perspective as well

I have been dating my BF for 6 years! We are not engaged, and I doubt he will propose before the end of NEXT year. lol.

Is there a point when you say, "enough is enough, get engaged or Leave him?"

Just curious on your thoughts

:)

It varies from one couple to other couple. Some couple would feel just right for the marriage. Some couple just might would want to wait it longer.

If you feel that you want to move on to the next level, do not be afraid to tell your boyfriend how you feel about marriage. If you haven't told him how you felt, then I'd think it's time for you to make some inputs. He might realize that you're wanting it more but then, the only way to get your answers is to talk to him and set it out to clear the air. You might be surprised to get an answer out of him.

I can't answer to that question because there is no rights or wrong in this. It basically all comes down to knowing what you really want. If you feel that it is the right thing in your heart to do so, then do not be afraid to go with your instincts. As every one knows, communication is always imperative in every aspects of a relationship.

Thank You all so much for the replies

My BF and I have talked about marriage. It will happen, we talk about the future and kids... It just hasnt happened yet

When I talk to him I try not to be confrontational but it is hard. I have seen so many friends start dating, get engaged, get married and have children... I feel like I am behind.

I would never tell him, "Propose to me Or its over" I could never do that. But I am ready to do it lol.

My hubby & I got married in London after saw each other for 13 times and daily letter exchange (that's time we don't have internet in computer yet). We are still married for over 22 years now. Our 23rd wedding anniversary will be this year... :D

My hubby & I got married in London after saw each other for 13 times and daily letter exchange (that's time we don't have internet in computer yet). We are still married for over 22 years now. Our 23rd wedding anniversary will be this year... :D

Here is my early congratulations to your 23rd anniversary :D

If he hasn't asked you yet he's not going to. This is coming from a guys point of view. My reason for sdaying this is becuase he's getting all of the benifits (i'm assuming)without having to tie the knot. What reason does he have for wanting to get married?

to each his/her own. when it feels right, then you know and you want to marry that person. i knew i was going to be with my partner forever the moment i layed eyes on her. we've been together slightly over a year and are engaged to marry in may 2008. when you know you just "know".

If he hasn't asked you yet he's not going to. This is coming from a guys point of view. My reason for sdaying this is becuase he's getting all of the benifits (i'm assuming)without having to tie the knot. What reason does he have for wanting to get married?

Yes he is getting the benifits... lol. I recently finished my Education Degree. We both decided that we would not get engaged while I was in school because I would stop studying and plan a wedding lol.

Now I am done, I am a certified teacher. However I have applied to the interpreter program in another Province lol.

You're right, its never gonna happen LOL

Yes he is getting the benifits... lol. I recently finished my Education Degree. We both decided that we would not get engaged while I was in school because I would stop studying and plan a wedding lol.

Now I am done, I am a certified teacher. However I have applied to the interpreter program in another Province lol.

You're right, its never gonna happen LOL

Well, go for it then.

is that old thread? It's okay! I was first time to date with hearing man for 2 weeks. We started go out together for 3 years. I got an engaged before Xmas Eve. I am engaged for 1 year and half. We will get marry in June. We are together for 4 half years now. We are happy!!!

Everyone feels different, some get married in a year....some get married 10 years later. It depends on everyone's preferences. It depends on your boyfriend and your love and all that sh*t.

Everyone feels different, some get married in a year....some get married 10 years later. It depends on everyone's preferences. It depends on your boyfriend and your love and all that sh*t.
Yeah. I still think that less than 1 year is too soon. I've seen a lot of marriages fail that way.

If a couple have known each other as friends for years and then went into a relationship for less than a year before getting engaged and married, then that would be good since they already knew each other for years.

If a couple never met each other and went into a relationship within days or weeks of dating, then they should have more time to get to know each other.

Everybody always uses the "It's fate!" or "We're destined to be together!" comments for their short-term dating before marriage.

I rarely see people actually having a successful marriage after a short time of dating.

That's me.....it would be nice to get married but I got all the benefits of being married without the legal ramifications. Harsh to say, but it's true. And my guy wants to do it in Hawaii where he was born. So we will see. Our children, I like to say, are our binding ties now. The times are hard that I'm taking whatever I can get while trying to build a more secure financial foundation. i haven't been to confession in years but I will make an effort and work on things one at a time. I know my guy would marry me so we don't talk about it much. Sometimes I'm the ONE that does not want to get married at all!

In my opionion, a marriage is based on love, but more of a legal contract between man and woman for the better or worse......

That's me.....it would be nice to get married but I got all the benefits of being married without the legal ramifications. Harsh to say, but it's true. And my guy wants to do it in Hawaii where he was born. So we will see. Our children, I like to say, are our binding ties now. The times are hard that I'm taking whatever I can get while trying to build a more secure financial foundation. i haven't been to confession in years but I will make an effort and work on things one at a time. I know my guy would marry me so we don't talk about it much. Sometimes I'm the ONE that does not want to get married at all!

In my opionion, a marriage is based on love, but more of a legal contract between man and woman for the better or worse......
I agree.

All of the legal mumbo-jumbo that we've got in this country makes it harder to decide whether we should marry or not.

If I don't get married, I can still love her and have kids. But then again, if she decides to leave... it becomes harder with the custody case for the kids and harder on the kids with parents leaving.

50% of all marriages end in divorce. So, if I get married... there's a 50/50 chance that it won't last. While having kids in the family, it becomes even harder having to deal with custody while dealing with divorce.

What about who owns what? Well, divorce usually ends up with both fighting over who gets what. Unless a prenuptial agreement is made, everything is up for grabs. For all we know, my ex-wife would probably try to take my $1,000 teddy bear because she knows it will hurt me and/or she wants to benefit from it. :roll:

So, even today... I wonder if marriage is really worth it. :dunno:

Wait a second. Did you talk to me or other? I am confuse who you talked to. LoL! Yeah everyone are different. I am only 26 half years old. I am ready for get marry on June. It's not a boyfriend. It's fiance since I got an engaged. I don't want to get old to make pregnancy. pffty! My fiance and I are TRUE LOVE!!!

My friend and her solider husband together for half year. They started to date for 1 week then got an engaged next 3 months. They got married next 3 months. Her husband left to Iraq for war. She was pregnant during wedding. It's too rush for married. I am not rushing for marry like her. Me and My fiance between. We are more comfortable and trustworthy each other. The important is heart and personality.

If it's meant to be, and if you are willing to live with this very same person all your life, and is willing to face every challenge that throw in front of you in your marriage, then go for it. ;)

Some people get married for all the wrong reasons, just because you love someone it doesn't mean you have to marry that person right away, Marriage is a lifetime commitment. It's not you fall in love, then you get married and you live happily ever after, It's not always true. There will be some ups and down in every marriage. It takes two to make the marriage to work for a lifetime. I have never been married, I don't rush myself, I take all the time I need before I make a big commitment in my life with the person I wanna be with. ;)

We met at work and kinda knew each other for about a year before we started dating. 4 months later we were engaged, and then a year and a couple months after that we got married. :)

If u are feeling that way, then u are probably ready for the next step. If he is not, then it is probably time to consider taking different paths.

Back