date how long before engaged??

RDC_girl

Reaction score
This is more for the girls, but would love a males perspective as well

I have been dating my BF for 6 years! We are not engaged, and I doubt he will propose before the end of NEXT year. lol.

Is there a point when you say, "enough is enough, get engaged or Leave him?"

Just curious on your thoughts

:)

Well, in my opinion... at least a year is long enough to wait before determining if it's worth getting married. I know some people who get engaged in less than a year and they end up not working out. I know some who are together for a very long time and don't get engaged.

It depends on how you and he feels. If you feel that it's time to move up to the next level and he's not ready or willing to go there with you, then it might be time to break up with him.

Ask yourself this question... are you willing to keep dating him longer? If the answer is no, then it's time to get engaged... if no... it's over.

Ask yourself this question... are you willing to keep dating him longer? If the answer is no, then it's time to get engaged... if no... it's over.

I disagree. First, they're not "dating", it's way beyond that point. I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years, and is not engaged yet. I do get sick of people telling me, "Are you engaged yet? Are you engaged yet?" We both live together, and we both KNOW that we want to get married, but there's no rush into this.

Patience matters. I know someone who has been together for 8 years, and they finally got married. I asked them, "How does it feel to be married now?" They would say, "The same as always. Marriage is just a document".

Look at Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. They've been together for many years, and they're not engaged or married.

If you have talked to your boyfriend about marriage, and he's all for it. Maybe he's waiting for the right moment. Heck, why won't YOU propose to him? :)

i know my hubby for almsot 21 yrs so we been sweetheart at high school so he looked for me 10 yrs and we been date 6 months then he asked me marry him on dec 24 xmas eve and 6 months later we got married.. so we are happy and in love so much.. smiles..

We never got engaged to be married. We have been together for 7 and half years before we got married in 2007. We felt the same thing. So everyone is different.

my boyfriend and me been together for few months since summer 2007 but im not sure how long im been together so if he asked me married whether but we have wait and see if time.

This is more for the girls, but would love a males perspective as well

I have been dating my BF for 6 years! We are not engaged, and I doubt he will propose before the end of NEXT year. lol.

Is there a point when you say, "enough is enough, get engaged or Leave him?"

Just curious on your thoughts

:)
If you have been seriously "dating" for six years, you should be close enough to discuss marriage with each other. If you don't feel comfortable about discussing marriage with him, or he avoids the topic, then maybe the two of you aren't meant for marriage to each other. Then you have to decide, is this the way you want your relationship to continue, or do you want to find someone who has the same feelings about marriage that you have?

If you are feeling that "enough is enough" then you've probably answered your own question.

Well, in my opinion... at least a year is long enough to wait before determining if it's worth getting married
I dunno...........I think its important to wait at least a few years before getting married. I know SO many people who were together, for a long while and then one of the people went nuts.

I recently became engaged after nearly 5 years with my now fiance. You should try to discuss your feelings with your boyfriend in a non-confrontational way. There could be so many reasons why he's taking his time, it could be something as simple as he wants to wait until he can afford a nicer ring. Hopefully you'll both have a better understanding of each other after talking through it. I however would be leery about issuing an ultimatum as that could blow up in your face. I wish you both luck!

together??? But you've never seen him in person and not even touch him? Are you trying to be a mail order bride or what???:dunno:

my boyfriend and me been together for few months since summer 2007 but im not sure how long im been together so if he asked me married whether but we have wait and see if time.

Well,, it all denpend on the situation. Some wait a year some wait years later and some get married less than 6 months or sooner. If it was me, I rather wait a year or two to see how well the relationship well first and if we love each, then wait until I am ready to say yes to the man I love if we date a long time. I don't want to rush into a marriage that won't work if we have problems in marriage too soon. But everybody different how they feel about being in engaged.

together??? But you've never seen him in person and not even touch him? Are you trying to be a mail order bride or what???:dunno:

im mean i will meet him one days when i will go to England see him as face to face.

when im dating previous jerk boyfriend and i never meet face to face before and they forgot that crap man and my mom says that man is scam! so im thinking about i wanted meet nice man!

that my decision to meet him one days what i wanted but i already told my mom and my family about that its my choice im grown-up adult im 26 years old i can doit! because my boyfriend from England.

but i can touch each other when i meet him one days what i wanted.

So im been e-mail messages to my boyfriend every weeks and im still kept him all the times but i never lies to my boyfriend but i did lies to my boyfriend for first times for my reasons but im almost break-up with him but im explain with him and "sorry" messages and he says thanks for my explaining messages but i always trust my boyfriend very much ever.

im still dating with my boyfriend since mid June-July 2007 but im still like him!

How can you still dating him if you've never been out with??? I don't think you know what's dating mean. :dunno:

im mean i will meet him one days when i will go to England see him as face to face.

when im dating previous jerk boyfriend and i never meet face to face before and they forgot that crap man and my mom says that man is scam! so im thinking about i wanted meet nice man!

that my decision to meet him one days what i wanted but i already told my mom and my family about that its my choice im grown-up adult im 26 years old i can doit! because my boyfriend from England.

but i can touch each other when i meet him one days what i wanted.

So im been e-mail messages to my boyfriend every weeks and im still kept him all the times but i never lies to my boyfriend but i did lies to my boyfriend for first times for my reasons but im almost break-up with him but im explain with him and "sorry" messages and he says thanks for my explaining messages but i always trust my boyfriend very much ever.

im still dating with my boyfriend since mid June-July 2007 but im still like him!

hard to say, it has to depend on how you feel. If you want to go the next step, let him know. If you want him to bring it up, then just start talking about all your married friends, or talk about someone's wedding. That should get his gears rolling. It don't work, tell him you two need to have a heart to heart talk to see where you two are going.

How can you still dating him if you've never been out with??? I don't think you know what's dating mean. :dunno:

I agree with you, Sunshine1 - and her post doesn't seem to relate the thread's topic at all.

I disagree. First, they're not "dating", it's way beyond that point. I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years, and is not engaged yet. I do get sick of people telling me, "Are you engaged yet? Are you engaged yet?" We both live together, and we both KNOW that we want to get married, but there's no rush into this.

Patience matters. I know someone who has been together for 8 years, and they finally got married. I asked them, "How does it feel to be married now?" They would say, "The same as always. Marriage is just a document".

Look at Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. They've been together for many years, and they're not engaged or married.

If you have talked to your boyfriend about marriage, and he's all for it. Maybe he's waiting for the right moment. Heck, why won't YOU propose to him? :)
Let's not forget... marriage isn't always required. It depends on how both feel.

I have a couple friends who have been living together for 10 years. They've never married and don't plan on getting married. That's how they feel... no need for marriage.

I have a few friends who think that marriage is an absolute must. So, if their significant other doesn't want to get married... then these people will move on and find someone else who will.

So, in this case... do you feel that you have to get married? Do you think you can still have a happy lovable life without getting married? Think of those options. :thumb:

but i never going out with my previous boyfriend before! BUT i would still prepare going out with my boyfriend one days than nothing!

but i never going out with my previous boyfriend before! BUT i would still prepare going out with my boyfriend one days than nothing!

Okay, sara1981 --- Do you know what dating means? Got any definitions for that? :hmm:

Back