Dairy-Free recipes

MMm I'll have to try it out.. I had to give up buttermilk pancakes and maple syrup. The carb count in maple syrup was a real eye opener. :shock:

I don't like any of the maple syrup replacements but I think that I can use fruit compote in place of the maple syrup with your almond flour based recipe and not blow my carb allowance. I usally don't allow myself more than 45 carbs per meal. And this recipe looks like I can use fruit syrup or compote without me blowing my carb allowance.

I know this isn't pancakes but i'm always up to trying g new and delish dishes.

Good luck with your almond flour recipe.

You could try apple sauce for your almond crepes. You can make homemade berries sauce for crepes or pancakes.

There is one more thing you need to know about almond flour. I am not sure if you already know about it. I provided the link on this thread on ordering affordable blanched almond flour. There is a difference between almond meal and blanched almond flour. Almond meal means they have skins. Blanched almond flour means the skins have been removed.

It is easy to remove skins from almonds. I throw raw almonds in the glass bowl with water in it for overnight. After that, I remove them. It is like peeling it off. When they are dry, they are placed in the powerful blender to grind blanched almond flour.

Many restaurants use Vita-mix and Blendtac. They can grind everything like rice, corn, peanut butter, almond butter, etc. They can also make a dough. They are the gods of the blenders, and a great investment. If you can't afford it, I recommend magic bullet.

When I make Chicken Parmigiana, many traditional recipes recommend either all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. I use almond meal or blanched almond flour instead. I love it.

Back