Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000

Reba, you can say whatever you want and think what you want but I see the different and know where the children's behavior comes from... I study for many years on children's behavior. I went to parental meeting/conference a lot. I have meet many people at spa resorts in the past and collect experiences from them... parent and child spa as well... family magazine, etc. how to positive children's behavior.

I do not see anything where Dad sits down and talk with his son when it's a first time for his son. He need to find out why his son use drugs in the first place when he know his son is an innocent? Is this right to punish him like this instead of talk with his son? He should have talked to his son about drug issues and educated him like alcohol and sex. What's about this?
Do you expect the story to include every detail of their lives? News stories focus on the sensational or the unusual. They don't include the boring details about a father sitting down and talking with his son. We don't know what the father said to his son.

How do you know that the father didn't talk to his son about drugs, alcohol, and sex? You're just making assumptions.

Reba, you can say whatever you want and think what you want but I see the different and know where the children's behavior comes from... I study for many years on children's behavior. I went to parental meeting/conference a lot. I have meet many people at spa resorts in the past and collect experiences from them... parent and child spa as well... family magazine, etc. how to positive children's behavior.
:bowdown: Dr. Liebling with her family magazine diploma from the spa resort university of child development.

Eve, it says in article: "Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends." sound first time to me.
So? How many times should the dad allow the son to smoke pot before he punishes him? Maybe the dad wanted to make sure that the first time would be the last time.

Like what I said before, I don't punish him if he was caught for second time but send him to physican first before to counsellor/rehab because he need the help, not punishment.
Good grief! And you think the dad over reacted?

Liebling said:
Eve, it says in article: "Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends." sound first time to me.
Sounds like sarcasm to me.

Liebling said:
And this makes you an “expert”? [sarcasm] I guess my degree doesn’t count for much these days.[/sarcasm]

Liebling said:
Please use your logic, Reba.
I believe Reba is the one using her logic.

Reba said:
Dr. Liebling with her family magazine diploma from the spa resort university of child development.
LMAO

This article did not say much about if this was the first time that the son's father has caught him smoking pot, if it wasn't the first time then I agree with the punishment, but if it was the first time then I disagree with how he handle the situation while I doubt this will keep him from ever smoking pot again, he would just not smoke it around where he would most likely be caught by his father. Perhaps drug rehab would have been a more proper approach than selling one of his game on ebay, in my opinion. :)
Drug rehab for a first offense? Having his son labeled and put on record as a drug abuser seems much worse than selling a game on eBay.

I agree with Reba, drug rehab is for kids that are "hooked" and unable to quit drugs on their own or with the help of their family and friends.

Also, might I point out that the dad referred to the son's friends as "delinquents", which indicates that the son is hanging out with the wrong crowd. This would lead me to believe that he isn't so "innocent" after all.

So? How many times should the dad allow the son to smoke pot before he punishes him? Maybe the dad wanted to make sure that the first time would be the last time.

What make you think he won't go behind his father's back?...

Also, might I point out that the dad referred to the son's friends as "delinquents", which indicates that the son is hanging out with the wrong crowd. This would lead me to believe that he isn't so "innocent" after all.

That's the father' s fault for not stopping his son from hanging with the wrong crowd.

What make you think he won't go behind his father's back?...
That's a risk no matter what the dad does. For one thing though, he needs to keep the son away from the bad friends. Dad needs to keep a closer watch on the son.

How do you know that the father didn't talk to his son about drugs, alcohol, and sex? You're just making assumptions.

How did you know he already did?, my parents did not teach me anything about sex, drugs, smoking etc.

Do you think selling a game on ebay is worse than sending the boy to a doctor, counseling, and rehab? I think sending the boy to the authorities and putting a permanent blot on his record is much worse than selling a game. Then child services and everyone gets involved. Once they're involved, they never let loose.

How did you know he already did?, my parents did not teach me anything about sex, drugs, smoking etc.
How do we know he didn't? The story didn't say one way or the other.

Even if the dad didn't, the schools tell the kids that using pot is wrong.

Do you honestly think that the teen boy didn't know pot smoking was "wrong?"

My school and parents didn't teach me that pot smoking was wrong in the 1960's but I for sure knew it. I doubt that any kids now aren't aware that smoking pot is wrong.

If the kid was smart enough to use video games, he was smart enough to know that smoking pot would get him into trouble.

Do you think selling a game on ebay is worse than sending the boy to a doctor, counseling, and rehab? I think sending the boy to the authorities and putting a permanent blot on his record is much worse than selling a game. Then child services and everyone gets involved. Once they're involved, they never let loose.

Did I say anything about taken him to a doctor and rehab? no I didn't. I just said I don't agree with how he handle the situation.

Back