Dad learning englsih....

Dreamer03

Reaction score
So my dad does know some english but he decided to take english classes. So now he is having "whistletoes" everywhere. (Miseltoes, hopefully right) and also says that he want to go to make some snowdorks (snowman) and well he is calling everyone a scumbag thinking its a xompliment....my sister and i have tried to correct him, he is a stubborn man.

Oh I remember the good times of my father learning English. Even worse lipreading... :shock: All you can do is sit there scratching your head and trying to figure out what word they're meaning because it fits NOWHERE in the sentence... :laugh2: He's pretty fluent now... but he still inserts words that don't belong on occasion... :laugh2: Let us not forget that little words like and, is, or, the, am, to, but ect ect do not exist most of the time. :P

Lol. Yeah. But got to say some people dont feel too happy been called scumbags. Lol. Did your dad tey prononcing thinfs like of they were another langiage? Lile my dad says spanish words in "english"
Oh gosh i love my dad.

Well, Romanian is a completely different set up than English. However, it is closer to a Latin based language. I've had people ask if I speak Spanish ( Which I do but very VERY little ) when speaking in Romanian. So I'm sure my father went through a lot of what your father is going through, though I don't remember him calling anyone a scumbag. :P

Of you ever meet a man that says kindly to you "you are a scumbag" dont beat him, its a xompliment and that man shall be my dad.

I don't think I'd take offense to scumbag compared to some of the other names I've been called. :shock: :laugh2:

I would ask but idk. Still you should have seen my moms reaction that day. My dad came in and was like...."te amo scumbag" my mom was like wht the f*** but in spanish. And was getting all pissed off utilmy dad explainedthat it was a compliment. Yup. Lovely. Lol. Still i can image the wonderful worss people might insilt you with. Ive had some wonderful words saod to me too.

Lol. True. But i did lose sleep on someof those onsilts i got. Especially those that came with a beating x_x

I will beat them back!!! I use items.... whatever I can grab they're getting it! :laugh2: I'm vicious... :ugh:

Lol. One on one sure. But when it was 5 on one......or 10 on one. My chanves of winning were not that great. I did damage. But didnt win. But leter got them one by one..

I remember one time my mom made up English words at a chicken place once... never heard of "porkstrips" before then...

I've always hated correcting my parents but sometimes the situations called for it.

I've had gotten some customers who weren't skilled at English. They used their kids to help interpret for them when talking with me. I would see kids get irate. It isn't a good feeling.

Of you ever meet a man that says kindly to you "you are a scumbag" dont beat him, its a xompliment and that man shall be my dad.

I am like bhahaha just imagining it.
Reminds me of a true story here in Malawi: a group of foreign tourists asked their local guide to teach them a few greeting words in the local vernacular. But for some strange reasons the guide instead taught them words of profanity.
Now when the tourists stopped at a police-manned road block in the course of their itinerary they decided to test their newly learned language. Innocence and fraternity written over their faces they calmly went about uttering the obscenities at the scandalised policemen. Yup, this world of ours.

I am like bhahaha just imagining it.
Reminds me of a true story here in Malawi: a group of foreign tourists asked their local guide to teach them a few greeting words in the local vernacular. But for some strange reasons the guide instead taught them words of profanity.
Now when the tourists stopped at a police-manned road block in the course of their itinerary they decided to test their newly learned language. Innocence and fraternity written over their faces they calmly went about uttering the obscenities at the scandalised policemen. Yup, this world of ours.

Oh wow that reminds me of a monty python skit. The guy buys an English-Hungarian dictionary, but it's written wrong. The guy wants to ask which way to the train station, but the dictionary tells him they way to say that is "Please fondle my buttocks." (and lots of other mis-translations.) He ends up offending people and hitting a tobbaconist, and at the end of the scene, he goes up to a man on the street and says "please fondle my buttocks". The man (Graham Chapman) says "Ah yes. Pass the post office, 200 yards down, and then left at the light." God I loved those guys.

Dreamer03: good luck with your dad. He sounds like a wonderful scumbag.

Oh wow that reminds me of a monty python skit. The guy buys an English-Hungarian dictionary, but it's written wrong. The guy wants to ask which way to the train station, but the dictionary tells him they way to say that is "Please fondle my buttocks." (and lots of other mis-translations.) He ends up offending people and hitting a tobbaconist, and at the end of the scene, he goes up to a man on the street and says "please fondle my buttocks". The man (Graham Chapman) says "Ah yes. Pass the post office, 200 yards down, and then left at the light." God I loved those guys.

Dreamer03: good luck with your dad. He sounds like a wonderful scumbag.

You just made my day!

My dad was born Russia and they have no 'Th' in their alphabet .
Dad would give me speech lessons and have me count to 'tree' .
Dad would say " One two tree" then have me copy him. Then he would say "Good girl!" To this day I hard a hard time saying word that start with 'TH' . I when to prepaid for some gas and said I was at pump 'tree' and the guy said " Pump tree?"

My dad was born Russia and they have no 'Th' in their alphabet .
Dad would give me speech lessons and have me count to 'tree' .
Dad would say " One two tree" then have me copy him. Then he would say "Good girl!" To this day I hard a hard time saying word that start with 'TH' . I when to prepaid for some gas and said I was at pump 'tree' and the guy said " Pump tree?"

A tree and a turd and a tree and a turd and a tree and a turd equals ten.

My dad used to draw a picture of the above sentence and get people to try to figure out why it made sense. He was a sick guy.

Yeah, my dad is all into giving us english lessons now. My sister and i are just like...we know thia stuff. And even my mom is like...i think scumbag is not a nice word.

Back