Dad Banned From School After Gun License In Spat With Principal

You don't get it at all. :roll:

It is not worth to get mad over my personality.

My personality is none of your business.

well now you do.

if you go to NYC.... there are many people who have driver license but do not own a car....

I still did not get my answer ! I was asking about banks asking to see a person firearm license for as ID .

How come no one is reporting why the father was called in? A large chunk of this story is missing ... including what the principal and the father were arguing about. Pulling a license out to show to a principal could have been done as part of the conversation they were having.

The father was called in to discuss a picture his child drew in art class. It appeared to be gun related and sexual of some sort. According to the dad his son drew a pciture of the movie "Despicable Me" and having to do with minions being shot with ping pong balls.

Not sure where I read this.

The father was called in to discuss a picture his child drew in art class. It appeared to be gun related and sexual of some sort. According to the dad his son drew a pciture of the movie "Despicable Me" and having to do with minions being shot with ping pong balls.

Not sure where I read this.

If that were the case, I would probably have argued with the principal too. That is, if they had disciplined my son for an innocent drawing. It wouldn't have gotten to the point of me pulling out my carry license, however, maybe the father was trying to point out that "guns aren't evil" if he felt the principal was attempting to portray this.

If that were the case, I would probably have argued with the principal too. That is, if they had disciplined my son for an innocent drawing. It wouldn't have gotten to the point of me pulling out my carry license, however, maybe the father was trying to point out that "guns aren't evil" if he felt the principal was attempting to portray this.

I will do same thing as well.

I agree with you and I believe that father pulled out his gun license to prove that guns are not danger - just get out of frustration.

I'm really hate politically correct at public school. :ugh:

I'm really don't care because she is not my friend.

If she's nice so I will be nice as well.

friend or not.... still didn't have to be disrespectful and rude like that.

I agree and I have had arguments with a few of my children's teachers along the way. BUT.....in anger he pulled out his gun permit which was taken as a threat. What was his point in pulling that out and showing it to the principal? Some parents are worried about what would have happened if this dad actually was carrying his gun that day. He seemed to have lost control of the situation. He always could have brought this issue up to the school board.

How come no one is reporting why the father was called in? A large chunk of this story is missing ... including what the principal and the father were arguing about. Pulling a license out to show to a principal could have been done as part of the conversation they were having.

My guess is that they need to back up the reason for taking his guns. I believe he has a good second amendment case. Unless there is a law or bylaw stating that using a gun permit in a threatening way is illegal, the town doesn't have a case.

I still did not get my answer ! I was asking about banks asking to see a person firearm license for as ID .
I don't know what a firearm license looks like because we don't have them in SC but a concealed carry permit/license looks just like a driver's license, so it would be acceptable ID to show at a bank or any place.

I don't think he meant banks asks specifically to see firearms ID's but that when a bank teller does ask to see a picture ID that a firearms license that includes a picture would be accepted as adequate identification.

It said that dad pulled his firearm license to compare it to the picture his son
drew , it would had help if there was copy of the child drawing and dad firearm license , with personal info blocked out where showed . I guess you have to be very careful what you do today , anything that has to do with a gun could get you in trouble . I will point two fingers to my ear to show I am HOH , I better be careful who I do that to, a cop might think it's a threat.

Back