Dad Banned From School After Gun License In Spat With Principal

There was another school shooting this morning.

I do think the principle probably overacted about the photo which did start the whole thing. However, I do think he had to report the argument. And, the police chief is no doubt under a lot of pressure to do something.

I tell ya, we live is scary times. But, I don't think we should let fear get the best of us.

The firearm license is part of ID form that bank required to verify, especially in Texas.

It is no threat to me. :dunno:

I would love to see something that said this . I am having trouble finding anything to back this up. What if a person does not have a gun ,do you mean they can't open a bank account.

I would love to see something that said this . I am having trouble finding anything to back this up. What if a person does not have a gun ,do you mean they can't open a bank account.

You don't need a gun to have a license. Although, if you have to do a safety course, I would imagine not having a gun might be problematic?

You don't need a gun to have a license. Although, if you have to do a safety course, I would imagine not having a gun might be problematic?

What are you talking about????
I was asking about this

"The firearm license is part of ID form that bank required to verify, especially in Texas." I want to read where it said banks want to see your firearm license as an ID. I never heard of this before.

It don't make sense - the gun license is acceptable ID for voting, buying alcoholic beverage, cigarette, prescription drugs (especially with narcotic).

I'm not surprised about schools are over-sensitivity about guns. :roll:

what? the principal didn't ask for his ID. the father just took out his firearm license in the middle of argument and showed it to him.

there's no reason for him to take it out to show it to principal. what this father did was inappropriate.

He showed his gun license out of anger, that is what the BIG problem is. If this story is correct, the dad got angry and went too far. It's a really tough situation for schools. They are trying to protect children. If the principal did not follow through on this and the dad came back and did do something in anger we would all be saying......"why didn't they do something". Difficult situation. Error on the side of caution.

exactly. the principal did a right thing.

I think it was just another way of saying that there is a list of acceptable IDs to present when opening a bank account and the firearm ID card is on that list. NOT that you have to present the firearm ID to open a bank account. But, you can use that one if you want to.

Whoa! Yes, I have know some people that have license but don't own firearm at all. About bank, I was referring one would just waltz into the bank and walk up to teller, show them the firearm license outright is buying trouble. It is completely ok when one announce the intention, like withdrawn, making deposit, open or close account, then they will ask for ID, that is when it is completely ok to show firearm license. It is OK to show when asked for, BUT it is not OK to advertise that one got firearm license for no apparently reason or out of anger.

I never heard of a person having firearm license and NOT having a gun ! I was talking about needing a firearm license to go to a BANK!

I never heard of a person having firearm license and NOT having a gun ! I was talking about needing a firearm license to go to a BANK!

well now you do.

if you go to NYC.... there are many people who have driver license but do not own a car....

For me, I have never heard of a firearm license for the bank to either deposit or withdraw money. It has always be an identification like driver's license or license to prove your name and signature. But firearm license can be unsettling and shocking for the teller, even like the principal who is upset about it. The principal is saying that the drawing on the boy's picture is really troubling and want to talk to the parents about it.

Where is the Mother of the boy? She should be there with him, too. Why the father, alone? I think the father is not setting a good model of a father for his son if he was going for violence or having guns plus the knives to show off to. That is not good at all. I don't like what is happening in this country. If the father is not showing any respect and compassionate to humanities, then he is in the wrong way to go about it. I am glad that his guns (rifles) are being taken away for the safely of the people who are being threatened if that would have happen. Life is precious. So having a gun is not the answer at all. :(

Foxrac, you are wrong and you have the nerve to show a cartoon of a young boy being angry with two guns wielding on public. You think that is funny which I don't think this is funny at all. You have no feeling for rights of the people no matter who we are.

We are all different but we are humans just like you. What are you afraid of? You don't need guns for this kind of attitude. Violence must be stopped and we don't need abuse from them for the safely of our lives. As I have said before probably many times that guns are dangerous and does not solve problems at all. We are thinking about safely now. You are way overboard on thinking like that. That make me upset and mad. :mad:

In SC, it is not necessary to own a gun in order to have a concealed carry permit. Many people get their permits first, then take their time getting the best gun for their needs that they can afford.

Also, in SC, there is no such thing as a firearms license to buy a gun.

We were taught in our concealed carry class that you shouldn't flash your permit around. We definitely aren't supposed to use it in a threatening or intimidating way.

In SC, the concealed carry permit is almost identical in appearance to a driver's license. It's the same picture, colors, format, and style. If someone wasn't careful reading it they might think it's a driver's license.

It could be used for identification but it isn't commonly used for that purpose except at gun shops or ranges.

Foxrac, you are wrong and you have the nerve to show a cartoon of a young boy being angry with two guns wielding on public. You think that is funny which I don't think this is funny at all. You have no feeling for rights of the people no matter who we are.

We are all different but we are humans just like you. What are you afraid of? You don't need guns for this kind of attitude. Violence must be stopped and we don't need abuse from them for the safely of our lives. As I have said before probably many times that guns are dangerous and does not solve problems at all. We are thinking about safely now. You are way overboard on thinking like that. That make me upset and mad. :mad:

No surprise about how over-sensitivity are you.

Thanks for feedback but made me laugh. :lol:

Back