Cuts on SSI/SSDI?

Actually, people who live on SSI continue receiving it until death as long as they receive no other income or a low income.

SSDI will be automatically converted to SS retirement at MRA (minimum retirement age which is 62) but the amount of SSDI will stay the same, not up or down.

Read FAQ at SSA.gov.

Actually, people who live on SSI continue receiving it until death as long as they receive no other income or a low income.

SSDI will be automatically converted to SS retirement at MRA (minimum retirement age which is 62) but the amount of SSDI will stay the same, not up or down.

Read FAQ at SSA.gov.

almost correct. converting at the MRA is right, but not the age. You need to log into the seperate link on ssa.gov and check your earing statements. it will tell you your age retirement age and its not the same for every one.

almost correct. converting at the MRA is right, but not the age. You need to log into the seperate link on ssa.gov and check your earing statements. it will tell you your age retirement age and its not the same for every one.
I just found out that SSDI will convert automatically to SS retirement benefit when one reaches full retirement age, not MRA. I guess it was updated.

When Social Security disability benefits end

Effect of full retirement age on disability benefits

BTW, MRA is 62 for everyone who applies for SS retirement benefits. However, an amount at MRA will be much less than an amount at full retirement age naturally.

Earliest age to receive Social Security Retirement benefits

The earliest age you can begin getting Social Security retirement benefits is 62.
The 1983 Social Security Amendments included a provision for raising the retirement age beginning with persons born in 1938 or later, but does not affect the minimum age for retirement, still age 62. You will receive a reduced benefit if you elect benefits prior to your full retirement age.

Retirement Planner: Full Retirement Age

Last edited:
I just found out that SSDI will convert automatically to SS retirement benefit when one reaches full retirement age, not MRA. I guess it was updated.

When Social Security disability benefits end

Effect of full retirement age on disability benefits

BTW, MRA is 62 for everyone who applies for SS retirement benefits. However, an amount at MRA will be much less than an amount at full retirement age naturally.

Earliest age to receive Social Security Retirement benefits

Retirement Planner: Full Retirement Age

Excuse me - I can't PM you so I have interesting article that you should check it out.
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...bled-including-vets/politics/2012/12/05/55382

You guys can argue about this as much as you want to. You can try to gain "points" for your "political" party as much as you desire, but the simple fact is that this administration has spent our economy into massive debt. Not the administration before ... no, no, no ... it was THIS administration.

Now, this administration is attempting to punish Americans that have been successful. They have also passed the biggest tax increase in the history of our nation and called it "healthcare" and placed it squarely on the backs of the working middle class. This suffocating measure was placed there so that people would be forced to become dependent on the government.

But ... who is going to pay for all this? So .. just be prepared to have your SSI/SSDI paychecks cut. A lot of other cuts are in order too, I think this administration is learning that the hard way.

But ... rest assured, they can always blame it on the other party.

You guys can argue about this as much as you want to. You can try to gain "points" for your "political" party as much as you desire, but the simple fact is that this administration has spent our economy into massive debt. Not the administration before ... no, no, no ... it was THIS administration.

Now, this administration is attempting to punish Americans that have been successful. They have also passed the biggest tax increase in the history of our nation and called it "healthcare" and placed it squarely on the backs of the working middle class. This suffocating measure was placed there so that people would be forced to become dependent on the government.

But ... who is going to pay for all this? So .. just be prepared to have your SSI/SSDI paychecks cut. A lot of other cuts are in order too, I think this administration is learning that the hard way.

But ... rest assured, they can always blame it on the other party.

Who are you talking to? We don't talk about debt, deficit, healthcare reform, etc, so we are focus on SSI/SSDI cut due to fiscal cliff.

I disagree with you above and not going waste my time to discuss with you, so you are free to blame on whoever, but if it doesn't clear the congress so blame on the president is moot point.

Who are you talking to? We don't talk about debt, deficit, healthcare reform, etc, so we are focus on SSI/SSDI cut due to fiscal cliff.

I disagree with you above and not going waste my time to discuss with you, so you are free to blame on whoever, but if it doesn't clear the congress so blame on the president is moot point.

The fiscal cliff has everything to do with what I was talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_conservatism

He (Steinhauer) is right, that is what I am talking about all along. Government debt has never been in Trillions like before, Before Obama, the debt were not even in Trillions, now we are in that area which is way way way past the "red line"

Right now, the fact is that 1/3 of tax revenues goes to interest payment for the debt, if we let it go out of control, it can increase the payment on interest which isn't going to help us at all in the end. For example if we double the debt (Hopefully won't happen), then half of tax revenue can go to interest payment alone. If government default any payment, then the interest rate will go nowhere BUT UP! Meaning requiring higher payment on interest alone. That is what is hurting us.

Right now, for every 2 dollars that government gets from taxes, they spend 3 dollars, which effectively means that government is forced to borrow a dollar for every 3 dollars spent. It can't go on forever, otherwise they will go bankruptcy just like Greece is going though.

He (Steinhauer) is right, that is what I am talking about all along. Government debt has never been in Trillions like before, Before Obama, the debt were not even in Trillions, now we are in that area which is way way way past the "red line"

It wasn't Obama only that made debt so worse, but the recession caused debt went skyrocketing due to decline of tax revenues and government bailouts (including TARP). The recession kicked in in year ago before Obama came in.

Wait - what specific about government debt are you talking about? the national debt has been beyond the $1 trillion since 1980 and I believe that first to hit the $1 trillion mark was budget deficit.

The national debt and budget deficit are different.

I don't believe you.

Anyone gets letters from their SSA? This includes SSI, SSDI, and SS. SSA usually sends letters out about 45 days before the increase takes place.

I have not get one yet, and I am wondering if they are put on hold or what?

Does not matter, the government debts is now spiraling out of control. No agreement has been made yet, plus anytime soon these idiots will go on vacation for Christmas and Happy new year. January 2nd is what we will realize the real effect of fiscal cliff.

Image, everybody is shopping for xmas and spend $$$ around holidays, then January paycheck, they will see it shrink, that is due to mandatory tax increase, then all aboard government spending is going to get cut PERIOD. In other word, everything will happen automatically.

It wasn't Obama only that made debt so worse, but the recession caused debt went skyrocketing due to decline of tax revenues and government bailouts (including TARP). The recession kicked in in year ago before Obama came in.

Wait - what specific about government debt are you talking about? the national debt has been beyond the $1 trillion since 1980 and I believe that first to hit the $1 trillion mark was budget deficit.

The national debt and budget deficit are different.

Its your problem that you don't believe that the real problem exists. Good luck to your endeavors.

I'm ask you for clarify.

Which is hit the $1 trillion mark under Obama? budget deficit or national debt?

Does not matter, the government debts is now spiraling out of control. No agreement has been made yet, plus anytime soon these idiots will go on vacation for Christmas and Happy new year. January 2nd is what we will realize the real effect of fiscal cliff.

Image, everybody is shopping for xmas and spend $$$ around holidays, then January paycheck, they will see it shrink, that is due to mandatory tax increase, then all aboard government spending is going to get cut PERIOD. In other word, everything will happen automatically.

The government debt has been out of control for many many many years so only they have to increase the debt ceiling.

You need to be patient about the deal passes, so we do have different parties in the congress and it will be not easy job to make bipartisanship.

Anyone gets letters from their SSA? This includes SSI, SSDI, and SS. SSA usually sends letters out about 45 days before the increase takes place.

I have not get one yet, and I am wondering if they are put on hold or what?

I didn't receive letter until late December last year, so it was closer on my birthday.

Back