Culture or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah, he said that not all gay are strictly gay...
99% of them are really bisexual.

have anybody here met a gay person who never had heterosexual sex?

Well for starters, me and my SO never had hetersexual sex.
That comment is a total

:bsflag:

kuifje75 said:
That comment is a total

So if one day, if a nice attractive woman comes by, and you and
her have everything in common, and she would sort of be like your soulmate,
would you jump to the other side, and fall in love with her and
be in bed with her? Or you're just gonna stick with gay lifestyle.

I had one time with a girl in kindergarten, but it wasn't anything at all.
So I just stick with boys....

kuifje75 said:
That comment is a total

Kootchie,

She's got it assed backwards. There was a study conducted where researchers theorize that bisexuality in men doesn't actually exist. I saw an article about it yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate it now; otherwise I'd post it. But, the study showed that men calling themselves bi were actually gay, and trying to hide the fact. The study was small, so I'm not sure of it's validity. I also wish I could find the darn thing. It was an interesting read!

Oceanbreeze said:
Kootchie,

She's got it assed backwards. There was a study conducted where researchers theorize that bisexuality in men doesn't actually exist. I saw an article about it yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate it now; otherwise I'd post it. But, the study showed that men calling themselves bi were actually gay, and trying to hide the fact. The study was small, so I'm not sure of it's validity. I also wish I could find the darn thing. It was an interesting read!

why you have to be one way or the other?
Why can't a person call him or herself bisexual?

Just like biracial person, they don't have to choose to be, "white" or "black",
they can write down on applications that they are biracial if they want to.

Same thing with person who want call themselves bisexual...
why being so mean about it?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
thanks, but I'm not reading that, cause I know about it, but they have the right to be call bisexual.

You don't have to read it. I just thought it would be interesting for others to read. This isn't about you, you know.

well gay cultures won't survive by itself, cause they won't reproduce though.

Not true. As long as people are being born, there is potential for a gay/lesbien individual, thus they do reproduce. Just like a lesbien couple would choose to have a child, but the child would be straight, hence, contributing to the straight community. Its just like with deafness... not all deaf people make deaf children... hearing people contribute to the future culture when they bear deaf kids.

The definition of culture is:
The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.

Therefore gayness and lesbienism can either be one or not. But because alot of gay/lesbien people claim that at birth they were gay, then it truly cannot be a culture, because its not socially transmitted behavior patterns and beliefs(If one is claiming that they had these feelings, ideas and beliefs since birth or from the time they could recollect thought)... thus, it would have to be a taught or expressed tradition.
As for other aspects to the gay and lesbien culture, sure, why not. As for it in itself, I dont think it can be defined.

and the argument of deafness being a culture, it goes with the gay thing... deafness in itself is not a culture by birth, but is historically brought down through the tradition of language, thoughts, ideas and actions amongst those who share common similarities, which creates a culture.

Hope this helps.

katt.

but Meg was telling me not to believe in Astrology, if I am a Christian.
And I have to accept gay culture too if I believe in Astrology.

I had no problem with gay people in the 80's. But when AIDS breakout,
yeah I feared gay men. That is why I wanted to tell them
to stop being gay, and same thing I fussed at the guy who did
drugs in deaf chat, to stop doing drugs or he will get AIDS like that...
And I am trying to tell women in Abortion Debate Chatroom that I
disagree with Abortion, cause it isn't like birth control.

I have my own opinion, and I don't want to accept gay culture
because of AIDS reason...
I won't support something that will kill ya.
That is why I get mad at smokers... I won't be friend with them.

But Astrology and occult and other religions are harmless....
except Devil Worshippers.

I'll be open minded about something that won't harm me or others.
And just learn about that. I learned about Buddha, Wicca, and other stuff,
those are really cool.

Sorry if I go off topics.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Well, you just eliminated: driving, sex, sleeping, cooking, eating, breathing, walking, riding a bike, swimming, showering, socializing... about everything you do in and out of life.... cause everything has the potential to kill a person. I could walk down the street tommorow and someone can shoot me dead... or breathing alone in this polluted environment is slowly killing all of us, imagine the contaminents in the air! I could hit my head on the side of a pool and die, I could slip in the shower and die, I could socialize with a stranger and be abducted and murdered, go into cardiac arrest during sex :eek:, my breaks could go stop working when Im riding a bike down the street and I can get hit by a car and die......

I could go on forever, but I think you get the point. Everything has the potential to kill. You are now making excuses to be against gay people, it has averted from the original post of whether or not gayness and lesbianism is a culture.

My eyes almost popped out when you mentioned abortion... Where where where does abortion fit into this thread?

As for in the 80's gayness causing AIDS... the majority of new AIDS cases in the 2000's is HETEROSEXUAL intercourse. And the vast majority of AIDS cases are coming from hetero sexual women ranging between the ages of 15 and 25. So Im assuming now you are going to rule out any acceptance of the teenage female population.

but Meg was telling me not to believe in Astrology, if I am a Christian. And I have to accept gay culture too if I believe in Astrology.
Annndd... if meg told you to jump off a bridge, would you? Thats not true, and hopefully you know it. I think her point is that because Astrology is against Christian beliefs, then you should be accepting of gayness, because it, like astrology, is not one of the accepted Christian beliefs.

katt.

DeafKattMom said:
Well, you just eliminated: driving, sex, sleeping, cooking, eating, breathing, walking, riding a bike, swimming, showering, socializing... about everything you do in and out of life....
I could go on forever,
As for in the 80's gayness causing AIDS... the majority of new AIDS cases in the 2000's is HETEROSEXUAL intercourse. And the vast majority of AIDS cases are coming from hetero sexual women ranging between the ages of 15 and 25. So Im assuming now you are going to rule out any acceptance of the teenage female population.

katt.

yeah but monogamous heterosexual won't kill ya.

cars don't kill people, people kill people. sex don't kill people, irresponsible people do. sleeping? cooking? foods don't kill people, people kill people. air don't kill people, people polluting the air. walking? bike don't kill people, people kill people. guns don't kill people, people kill people. Everything else... people kill people.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
but Meg was telling me not to believe in Astrology, if I am a Christian.
And I have to accept gay culture too if I believe in Astrology.

I had no problem with gay people in the 80's. But when AIDS breakout,
yeah I feared gay men. That is why I wanted to tell them
to stop being gay, and same thing I fussed at the guy who did
drugs in deaf chat, to stop doing drugs or he will get AIDS like that...
And I am trying to tell women in Abortion Debate Chatroom that I
disagree with Abortion, cause it isn't like birth control.

I have my own opinion, and I don't want to accept gay culture
because of AIDS reason...
That is why I get mad at smokers... I won't be friend with them.

But Astrology and occult and other religions are harmless....
except Devil Worshippers.

I'll be open minded about something that won't harm me or others.
And just learn about that. I learned about Buddha, Wicca, and other stuff,
those are really cool.

Sorry if I go off topics.

You're assuming we are asking you to accept the idea of gay culture, but we're not. If you don't accept gay people, fine, you don't have to. But, if you don't, why bother arguing with us about it? Homosexuality will always be accepted by some people, at least. It is my hope that it is even more widely accepted than it is now. Meg's question was a good one. We need more people like her asking these kinds of questions.

*sigh*

Miss *P, No we do not expect you to accept gay/lesbians because you don't have to.

Simple is do something on your own way and leave gay/lesbians culture alone if you don't like...

Why should you worry about gay/lesbians?

:werd: Miss *P

I am not gay and I do respect GLBT. It is their own business and they do have culture.

You mention that you like gay men in 80's and now you don't like them because of AIDS. Oh come on!! I believe there was lot of people have AIDS, HIV, and etc before you were born!!!!

I think you need to stop discrimation to GLBT, and blaming GOD because of your deafness. God know the plans is and Hell know what is the plans is and we are in the middle. I know sometime we have hard life and we are not the only one.

Your opinion is full of :bsflag:

bluegecko474,

For your information. :werd: mean is "agree", not werid. Your post got me feeling that you are not agree with Miss *P's view. You add :werd: which you thought it mean is werid. Right? It's not...

I feel like I am going to :barf: and :Oops: . I thought it said weird. Yeah I DO NOT AGREE WITH MISS *P.
Liebling:))) Thanks for your info! :)

Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah but monogamous heterosexual won't kill ya.

cars don't kill people, people kill people. sex don't kill people, irresponsible people do. sleeping? cooking? foods don't kill people, people kill people. air don't kill people, people polluting the air. walking? bike don't kill people, people kill people. guns don't kill people, people kill people. Everything else... people kill people.

You win. I think your hillarious. I dont think you actually read my post. the majority of NEWER AIDS cases are from heterosexual encounters...so lets say the relationship is monogamous for the time being... and one partner originally has AIDS or HIV...
And lets say a person is on a cliff enjoying the veiw and slips on a bad part of ground... Did that person kill themself?

I dont think you understand alot of things in life, and Im not going to argue with you anymore.

Have a great day!

katt.

I agree with DeafKattMom. Heterosexual can get AIDS or HIV. That is why the doctors was telling people to use condom. It more safe than nothing but one thing I hate when the condom ripped or have hole in it. Even heterosexual and homosexual do not like condom because they think it not pleasure enough. I don't blame them for that and it's their risks.

Miss *P, why do you think cars, sex, foods and etc don't kill people?? Oh come on! I think you need more education!! And Stop listen to other stupid people opinion!! I think it will be the best for Miss *P and Ravensteven to live together and gossip all the time. That's sound like good relationship. :laugh2: :nana:

yeah heterosexual can get AIDS and HIV, but not if they get married
and be faithful and not have blood transfusion.

you guys are not dumb, I am done with this thread, bye.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I am done with this thread, bye.

Thank you. I hope youre happy that you ruined this thread. I have asked you nicely to stop but you kept going. This thread was not created so that you can bash us. I created it to discuss intellectually.

Mods please lock this thread :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back