Culture language native

Isn't this a computer screen which uses "words/ideas" to communicate- one hopes?

What linguistics as such has to do with written words- not sure-relevant?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Sorry about that, drphil. I went off on a tangent of sorts. I was thinking more of face-to-face communication.

Sorry about that, drphil. I went off on a tangent of sorts. I was thinking more of face-to-face communication.

Don't mind him. He only chimed in because I was involved in the discussion. He follows me around the threads and tries to post things to disrupt the conversation. Fortunately, no one can understand what he is trying to say.:cool2: So he generally just gets ignored.

Your remarks regarding linguisitics and the different ways the brain processes spoken language and non-spoken language are very pertinent to any discussion of ASL. Dr.phil has difficulty understanding that as he knows no ASL.

New (and hearie) as I am, I don't have much problem understanding Travis' posts. At first my brain said, "Pardon?" And then...it switched...and it was as if I was transliterating pictographs to words and I understood. Just takes an extra second.

I think it's awesome.
you have problem issues on understand, sound interesting

Thank I am very happy open mind your OP really wonderful I am very hear your story I am straight to my brain because better improve language situation expertiment language
That's the key. Switch from auditory oral processing to visual/spatial processing.

That is true I agree you!

I'm in a linguistics geek - language of all kinds fascinates me. However, I've always preferred to communicate non-verbally (even when I could speak or when my voice cooperates these days). It seems that people are "educated" for the most part to ignore non-verbal communication except as auxillary after they get to a certain academic level and anyone who communicates primarily "without words" is looked down upon as being, well, less than human. A primate who happens to walk upright. I don't think that's right, nor fair, but that's my opinion.

The way I see it is this: what do people naturally do when they cannot understand each other's words? They attempt to communicate by gesticulating. I'm not going to compare the sign languages to gesticulating because they're more complex than that. Humans find ways to make themselves understood. What sucks is that social constraints, expectations, prejudices etc get in the way of that basic fact anymore.
I am interesting I am surprised sound new learn it!

Research has shown that we actually use more non-verbal information to interpret verbal messages than we even realize. For example, if there is incongruence between the verbal message and the body language being demonstrated, we will over rule the verbal meaning and attribute the meaning implied by the non-verbal.

Written words are language, are they not?:roll: Linguisitics = study of language.
he pretend images not correct lol
Yes - in the "liar research", for example. Also, in research into how children understand "intent".
that is correct
he blocked communication seems on problem hard to understand, I know his trouble communication posts I respect to him, I know his problem his mind problem I think so probbably tough him not attention reading careful
Don't mind him. He only chimed in because I was involved in the discussion. He follows me around the threads and tries to post things to disrupt the conversation. Fortunately, no one can understand what he is trying to say.:cool2: So he generally just gets ignored.

Your remarks regarding linguisitics and the different ways the brain processes spoken language and non-spoken language are very pertinent to any discussion of ASL. Dr.phil has difficulty understanding that as he knows no ASL.
I agree you that is correct

Thank you advice to point to improve language, I am glad of you appreciate to your development to experiment to analyze aware it English

Jillio: sorry don't spent much time reading your "comments" since i joined 13 months ago. Predictable.
Also the number of my comments to yours in the same time frame-approximately 5 times more. Even more amazing I am retired and you work in an agency-does this indicate"interesting " time allocation? Anything better to do?

Off to real work-practice Fingerspelling while swimming!

you have problem issues on understand, sound interesting

Thank I am very happy open mind your OP really wonderful I am very hear your story I am straight to my brain because better improve language situation expertiment language

That is true I agree you!

I am interesting I am surprised sound new learn it!

he pretend images not correct lol

that is correct

he blocked communication seems on problem hard to understand, I know his trouble communication posts I respect to him, I know his problem his mind problem I think so probbably tough him not attention reading careful

I agree you that is correct

Thank you advice to point to improve language, I am glad of you appreciate to your development to experiment to analyze aware it English

You are very welcome, Travis!:wave:

Jillio: sorry don't spent much time reading your "comments" since i joined 13 months ago. Predictable.
Also the number of my comments to yours in the same time frame-approximately 5 times more. Even more amazing I am retired and you work in an agency-does this indicate"interesting " time allocation? Anything better to do?

Off to real work-practice Fingerspelling while swimming!

You obviously read this one. You responded to it!:laugh2:

And you read all the others you responded to, as well.:laugh2:

You busted!:D

Travis/Jillio:Obviously I haven't commented on the bulk of your comments since joining-why should I-worth answering?

No I am not on this computer most of day-more important events in my life-living. Apply to others?

Travis/Jillio:Obviously I haven't commented on the bulk of your comments since joining-why should I-worth answering?

No I am not on this computer most of day-more important events in my life-living. Apply to others?

what i don't understand your said! no sense!

Still reading them, huh? You can't respond to something you haven't read.:laugh2: Just stop now, and it won't get worse.:laugh2:

He just said he doesn't really follow Jillio around on AD.

And he said he is not using his computer many hours in one day.

oh really :lol: I am pretty he incorrect communication! I know many time problem his high on posts wow! he funny comedy! :lol:

what to comment on????????????????????????

It doesn't take -very long to read or understand "some drivel"!

Bottesini: another big 5 for you-sorry don't use a lap top while swimming.- 2 hours from now.

Bottesini: another big 5 for you-sorry don't use a lap top while swimming.- 2 hours from now.

0_o you are kidding reason always ask!

Stilll reading and responding I see. Thanks for proving me right.:laugh2:

No, it doesn't take long to read drivel. That is why no one has to spend any time at all on your posts.

Except it appears you & Travis-do-by your ongoing comments.-correct?
Is silence golden?

Last edited:
Stilll reading and responding I see. Thanks for proving me right.:laugh2:
LMAO crap on him stubborn

No, it doesn't take long to read drivel. That is why no one has to spend any time at all on your posts.

Except it appears you & Travis-do-by you ongoing comments.-correct?

crap what you not reading not attention waste of time my posts you know believe ego and control annoy,
:dunno:

Bottesini" Sorry forgot to ask you if learning Salsa-Rocking Chair-version is a big improvement over ChaCha Rocking Chair? Cheers again

Back