Cued Speech

Interesting...some people were able to benefit from it and some werent.

Same as with any other method that emphasizes the use of spoken language.

Anyone who uses it? I think it's very rare!
I never use it but I tried to learn. It wasn't that easy in the beginning for me. It's sort of sign language along with speech of every words you say. I find this interesting and pretty helpful. I learned about this first time when I met my good friend many years ago. She grew up using it with her family. It actually helped her to improve with speech, grammar, and writings.

I agree it is rare for someone to know cued speech and that it looks almost like sign language. Maybe that is why many parents don't want to learn cued speech as it looks similiar to sign language!!! You know parents don't want to learn sign language. :) :giggle:

:laugh2:
I agree it is rare for someone to know cued speech and that it looks almost like sign language. Maybe that is why many parents don't want to learn cued speech as it looks similiar to sign language!!! You know parents don't want to learn sign language. :) :giggle:

It helps the person learn the English language phonetically. I have read about it and it is HIGHLY successful. It's not possible to embrace the nuances of the English language solely by writing or reading - phonetics is the biggest factor. Cued speech merely signals what's being pronounced, NOT by word, but by pronounciation. It's weird, I know and I don't know how it works, but results look promising.

It didn't help me much in that dept. I've always had trouble with phonics in English. I used to know cued speech years ago.

I have finally meet someone in person who use cued speech to her daughter. Holy cow!!!

I have finally meet someone in person who use cued speech to her daughter. Holy cow!!!

Just curious? Did the daughter have a CI?

I only ask, because there appears to be a correleation between the increase in childhood CIs and the resurgance of promotion of methods such as CS. Just curious to see if the correlation is realtively consistent.

CUED SPEECH isnt language NO NO ASL is language ! ASL are the best medthods to teach language CUED is just help you to speak right and I still dont understand how it does ..... 95% rather sticks to ASL

Back