CSDVRS fined $1.4 Million dollars

Companies can be fined if employee inside the company have perform wrongdoing. You have to prove that CEO and executive have instructed employee to cheat the system to consider serious charges against company.

There are rats up in executive level as well as on the floor too.

$18 million is a lot of money... plenty enough to bankrupt this company but why did they settle? simple - better to pay fines than to sleep in prison.

Give you the idea.

An employee and a co worker works for ACME delivery company. Both of them decided to stop a bank and robbed a bank while on a job. The owner of ACME Delivery company knew nothing of it. Is that owner of the company responsible for the bank robbery? The legal perspective is YES, because the owner were hired these employee and these employee were on their clock. However, is the owner of company guilty of crime? Before you answer this question, read the next paragraph then you can come back and answer this question.

An employee and a co worker got E mail from ACME delivery company CEO instructed them to stop a bank and rob them and return to the company as fast as they can. Both of employee have committed that crime. They both were caught, somehow FBI found these E mail from CEO to these employee., Is that company guilty of the crime? Hey go back to the end of first paragraph and answer that question!

See the difference? Like I said, there are scumbags on the executive, as well as those on the floor too.

Do you think CEO makes these bills to FCC? Think again, they have too many stuff on their plate, they don't have time for this, that is why they hire somebody else and if somebody else rats on CEO, then CEO gets stuck.

Whoa! Then who makes bills to FCC?

Of course, I know the settlement. I am saying for the accusation part. Can't accuse if there is NO evidence of WHO KNEW of inappropriate.

The owner knows that his/her company would be found guilty so the owner rather made a settlement with FCC than going to a court for fraud. Do you know what a settlement means? It's to avoid going to a court. Please read the articles from two links in this thread.

Do you think CEO makes these bills to FCC? Think again, they have too many stuff on their plate, they don't have time for this, that is why they hire somebody else and if somebody else rats on CEO, then CEO gets stuck.
First of all, it doesn't make sense if an employee makes a fake VRS call, he/she would not get that money but the company gets money so why would its employee do that without CEO's authorization?

Second of all, everybody works under CEO, therefore CEO must always know how much the company receives and how much it spends.

It happened! Have you notice VRS operators now no longer able to enable video privacy. Sometimes terp is too tired or too lazy, they figured a way to make or take fake call, so that they don't have to work and still get paid. But now they can't enable the video privacy so that supervisor can monitor and bust for cheating the system.

First of all, it doesn't make sense if an employee makes a fake VRS call, he/she would not get that money but the company gets money so why would its employee do that without CEO's authorization?

Second of all, everybody works under CEO, therefore CEO must always know how much the company receives and how much it spends.

exactamundo! to think that CEO is unaware of what's going on when your company starts reeling in $$$$ is just plain dang comical.

good riddance! i've knew about it for a while because I had my Z-340 installed (it was before ntouch VP was released) they were calling thru VRS to connect to report their ticket closed that they installed the VP at my home. we were on hold for good hour and half before finally getting to a live person.

i asked the trainer who installed the Z equipment, they said it was like that average waiting for a hour or less so i assumed they were just racking up the minutes on their end and even several of my friends who worked in Z (one of them used to be a system administrator down in Clearwater) he quit because of what he've seen in the business enivorment and never liked it, quit the job just like that. he said he liked sorenson better because of their honest system with everyone. Im starting to feel digusted by hearing this and might have to port back to sorenson because of this...

can we find out the real reason behind this? were they billing fraudulent minutes or? i find it funny that they gave 900k dollars to the treasurer, ive wondered why they did that? oh dont get us in trouble please, heres 900K just slap us on the wrist please.

The owner knows that his/her company would be found guilty so the owner rather made a settlement with FCC than going to a court for fraud. Do you know what a settlement means? It's to avoid going to a court. Please read the articles from two links in this thread.

soresnon did pay back to FCC for a cheating terp agency that contracted with soresnon

fcc asked purple for billing clarifications
later said that these billing are unaccepted
fcc demand pay back or close down
purple beg agree pay back with interest

soresnon pass many fcc audits

Those companies were fined millions of dollars for what? Viable was the first one to get caught so that's why John went to jail. Alot of people complained "what about Sorenson and others?" since they didn't go to jail and only had to pay a big fine. I guess from then on, FCC decides to fine them instead of sending them to jail so that way FCC gets more money back.

crazypaul, not so accurate

Audit with IP address tracing. Its a lot of work for FCC. There is not a single reason behind this But bottom line, it is all about money that is all.

One CEO as we know it cheated and busted all the way down to the floor where there are average workers trying to help company by cheating, or get away from their duties got busted as well. So, if CEO bust of any wrongdoing, they are criminally responsible, for example John Yeh we all know, but if an employee got busted, Company STILL responsible but only by financially but not criminally. What disgusted me is that the consequence of any VRS employee caught cheating was just terminate from employment and barred from working for any VRS companies. They were not criminally punished.

What QWERTY123 said recently is correct.

I am not sure what the best way to prevent the fraud from happening again because the way the business runs, it is very complicated and it is not just a simple system where terp takes a call from hearing or Deaf and get connect with other parties and when its done, that is not what is really happened.

BUT, we could minimize the fraud and I don't think up to 100%, the proposal that Z made to FCC is not best way to handle fraud billing. It also chokes competitions to the point where it is just "one size fits all" will ultimate downgrade the QOS (Quality Of Service).

In order to be able to keep fraud to minimize, we need to have FCC deal with IANA to register about 100 ports that is reserved for VRS and VP so that it is easier to audit and bust for any irregularities and to lock out the hackers.

can we find out the real reason behind this? were they billing fraudulent minutes or? i find it funny that they gave 900k dollars to the treasurer, ive wondered why they did that? oh dont get us in trouble please, heres 900K just slap us on the wrist please.

Audit with IP address tracing. Its a lot of work for FCC. There is not a single reason behind this But bottom line, it is all about money that is all. (INCORRECT)

One CEO as we know it cheated and busted all the way down to the floor where there are average workers trying to help company by cheating, or get away from their duties got busted as well. So, if CEO bust of any wrongdoing, they are criminally responsible, for example John Yeh we all know, but if an employee got busted, Company STILL responsible but only by financially but not criminally. What disgusted me is that the consequence of any VRS employee caught cheating was just terminate from employment and barred from working for any VRS companies. They were not criminally punished.

What QWERTY123 said recently is correct.

I am not sure what the best way to prevent the fraud from happening again because the way the business runs, it is very complicated (CORRECT) and it is not just a simple system where terp takes a call from hearing or Deaf and get connect with other parties and when its done, that is not what is really happened.

BUT, we could minimize the fraud and I don't think up to 100%, the proposal that Z made to FCC is not best way to handle fraud billing. It also chokes competitions to the point where it is just "one size fits all" will ultimate downgrade the QOS (Quality Of Service).

In order to be able to keep fraud to minimize, we need to have FCC deal with IANA to register about 100 ports that is reserved for VRS and VP so that it is easier to audit and bust for any irregularities and to lock out the hackers.

see above

How can it not be a money issue? If there is no issue with money, we won't have this thread at all.

Ask you question, whats the purpose of billing to FCC for VRS calls? Obviously, isn't it?

see above

Last edited:
Don't think for a minute this is unique to VRS. Multiply by 1000 and you have an idea of the medicare and medicaid fraud going on.. Pretty much any agency doing business with the government is scamming somewhere in the deal. hence the military and their $600 hammers...

The difference with Viable was they were paying people to call through VRS and just stay on hold with other bogus numbers and run up the VRS minutes. this was done under the direction of the CEO.

Yeah, you get the right idea.

Don't think for a minute this is unique to VRS. Multiply by 1000 and you have an idea of the medicare and medicaid fraud going on.. Pretty much any agency doing business with the government is scamming somewhere in the deal. hence the military and their $600 hammers...

The difference with Viable was they were paying people to call through VRS and just stay on hold with other bogus numbers and run up the VRS minutes. this was done under the direction of the CEO.

FCC and ZVRS had reached settlement on terms that ZVRS did not follow rules and acknowledges that ZVRS did not commit Fraud.

3 separate issues causing ZVRS to pay back to FCC treasury fund.

1/ ZVRS did comply rules requiring ZVRS employees not to use their numbers for billing purposes. Use unique phone number separately so ZVRS can reconcile accounting and submit to FCC. ZVRS had failed to perform what they are supposed to do and had fell into cracks.

2/ Something with GraciasVRS as I do not recall what it had been discussed.

3/ ZVRS was the leading VRS provider to implement videophone technology on iPhone or mobile devices and had engaged Apple, Inc to assist with FaceTime technology for VRS Calls to ZVRS. FCC did acknowledge it is a technology but wont accept minutes of VRS calls handled for billing purposes.

So, its all about FCC rules and their position is to enforce every rule apply on all VRS providers and had set an example on other VRS providers. Comply or pay fine! By no means of FRAUD.

How can it not be a money issue? If there is no issue with money, we won't have this thread at all.

Ask you question, whats the purpose of billing to FCC for VRS calls? Obviously, isn't it?

no. you're talking about other way around. you were saying it's a lot of work for FCC to do investigation because it costs money.

Of course the investigation cost money, but the reason behind investigation is how it is billed, so again it is all about green paper with portrait of dead USA presidents. And do you think audit is easy task somebody gotta to get paid to do audit work, right?

no. you're talking about other way around. you were saying it's a lot of work for FCC to do investigation because it costs money.

Of course the investigation cost money, but the reason behind investigation is how it is billed, so again it is all about green paper with portrait of dead USA presidents. And do you think audit is easy task somebody gotta to get paid to do audit work, right?

it's not an issue of getting paid to do the work at government job. the issue is whether or not if you're going to jail lol!

settling is a way to avoid jail time.

Back