CSDVRS fined $1.4 Million dollars

Oh. no, not another fraud! So are they still certified or no longer certified by FCC?

They are still certified. They pretty much got a slap on the wrist with a fine. Their fine was $480,000 but they volunteered to pay an additional $900,000. Maybe that is their way of apologizing and hoping the FCC will not snoop any more to find more wrong-doing? Just a wild guess.

FCC said:
The 2011 investigations by the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau examined whether the provider, CSDVRS, LLC, improperly billed the TRS Fund for VRS calls that were actually generated by its own employees.

Basically, CSDVRS was billing the FCC, for calls such as calling an hearing co-worker via VRS when they are basically in the same building. Some people may argue that it's the same as hearing people calling hearing co-workers within the same building... CSDVRS can call hearing co-workers through VRS, but they CANNOT bill the FCC for it.

They are still certified. They pretty much got a slap on the wrist with a fine. Their fine was $480,000 but they volunteered to pay an additional $900,000. Maybe that is their way of apologizing and hoping the FCC will not snoop any more to find more wrong-doing? Just a wild guess.

Basically, CSDVRS was billing the FCC, for calls such as calling an hearing co-worker via VRS when they are basically in the same building. Some people may argue that it's the same as hearing people calling hearing co-workers within the same building... CSDVRS can call hearing co-workers through VRS, but they CANNOT bill the FCC for it.
Yeah, that's what other VRS provider(s) did before. I forgot which one.

Ken Davis from Deafnewspaper.com said ZVRS owe $1.4 millions back to FCC. I still confused which one is CSDVRS or ZVRS to pay it for FCC?

Yeah, it's Purple VRS and also Viable was the first one busted for fraud.

I remember Viable is again first also second CRSRV mess! serious waste of times cost, FCC do it handle implementation, if suppose people complain numberous!

The only difference I see between Viable and the rest of VRS industry is Knowing and perform fraud against FCC. Evidence was found though E mail that John Yeh sent to other guy I forgot which one. It proves that John Yeh KNEW the wrongdoing. Other VRS industry, there was no proof that they knowing perform fraud. That's difference, cant call these VRS industry but Viable a fraud or scam.

Yeah, it's Purple VRS and also Viable was the first one busted for fraud.

The only difference I see between Viable and the rest of VRS industry is Knowing and perform fraud against FCC. Evidence was found though E mail that John Yeh sent to other guy I forgot which one. It proves that John Yeh KNEW the wrongdoing. Other VRS industry, there was no proof that they knowing perform fraud. That's difference, cant call these VRS industry but Viable a fraud or scam.
Bullshit! All VRS companies bill FCC for VRS calls but FCC busted Sorenson, Purple and now ZVRS. Those companies knowingly overcharged FCC while they made fake VRS calls. That's a fraud.

Like RickL66 said:

Bullshit? Show me the conviction record for these VRS companies please. Viable along with John Yeh is the ONLY company/owner that is convicted and sentenced.

And prove me IN document that they KNOWINGLY the wrongdoing, can you?

There are two case scenarios Perhaps more but Im just give you the idea what I am referring to.

John Yeh E mailed to another employee how to rack up the minutes, and will pay to cheat the FCC by billing these fake calls, the agreement was done. That evidence was found showing that the owner of Viable KNEW of wrong doing,

second case: An employee who work for a VRS company, decided to cheat themselves (Yes, it happened sadly!) by agreeing with a friend or whatever that they would call them. So that operator took the call, then both end enable video privacy so that terp can read book and take a world's longest break, then had it billed to FCC though VRS. When this happens, and they get busted, VRS companies are required to report of the bust and yes they have to pay the fine, does that mean that these VRS knowingly committed crime? You should have that answer by now.

Bullshit! All VRS companies bill FCC for VRS calls but FCC busted Sorenson, Purple and now ZVRS. Those companies knowingly overcharged FCC while they made fake VRS calls. That's a fraud.

Like RickL66 said:

Deaf News Today: Purple Settles with FCC
Purple Settles with FCC
Purple Communications says it has comes to terms with the FCC over more than 18 million dollars it owes the government. The video relay provider acknowledged that the FCC inappropriately paid the company, overcompensating it from the government relay fund, because calls outside the U.S. are not covered by the fund nor are those made to or from Purple employees. The FCC had originally demanded immediate repayment, which might have put Purple out-of-business. But this settlement allows the company to pay off the amount over fives years.

while there is no admission of fact, we both know that this means Purple knowingly engaged in fraudulent activity but this is the most simplest way to settle the legal issue and get over it.

Bullshit? Show me the conviction record for these VRS companies please. Viable along with John Yeh is the ONLY company/owner that is convicted and sentenced.
Those companies were fined millions of dollars for what?

Viable was the first one to get caught so that's why John went to jail. Alot of people complained "what about Sorenson and others?" since they didn't go to jail and only had to pay a big fine. I guess from then on, FCC decides to fine them instead of sending them to jail so that way FCC gets more money back.

It still don't prove that the owners of purple company KNEW it. If an employee inside the company perform fraud, the company is responsible for the fraud activity and it does not mean that the company is guilty of.

Deaf News Today: Purple Settles with FCC

while there is no admission of fact, we both know that this means Purple knowingly engaged in fraudulent activity but this is the most simplest way to settle the legal issue and get over it.

Companies can be fined if employee inside the company have perform wrongdoing. You have to prove that CEO and executive have instructed employee to cheat the system to consider serious charges against company.

There are rats up in executive level as well as on the floor too.

Those companies were fined millions of dollars for what?

Viable was the first one to get caught so that's why John went to jail. Alot of people complained "what about Sorenson and others?" since they didn't go to jail and only had to pay a big fine. I guess from then on, FCC decides to fine them instead of sending them to jail so that way FCC gets more money back.

It still don't prove that the owners of purple company KNEW it. If an employee inside the company perform fraud, the company is responsible for the fraud activity and it does not mean that the company is guilty of.
The owner knows that his/her company would be found guilty so the owner rather made a settlement with FCC than going to a court for fraud. Do you know what a settlement means? It's to avoid going to a court. Please read the articles from two links in this thread.

Companies can be fined if employee inside the company have perform wrongdoing. You have to prove that CEO and executive have instructed employee to cheat the system to consider serious charges against company.

There are rats up in executive level as well as on the floor too.
Whoa! Then who makes bills to FCC?

I don't need to remind you of Elliot Spitzer's trails.

Back