Court Judge: Pay Interprefer

TrenGuyR

Reaction score
I have story to tell ya all. In Trenton, I went to court and Judge said,"You have to pay the fines, court fee, and pay the interprefer" :wtf: then I said, "I don't have to pay the interprefer" He said, "well you have to pay the interprefer" I said, "No, I don't have to pay the interprefer" He said, "I made my decide" with smile face. In my mind :madfawk: I said, "ok" and left the court room. I am still :mad2:

Court Judge :rl:

Do you all think he is wrong ?

I went to see an ADA attorney, she will take care of it. Hopefully she will kick his ass.

TrenGuyR,

You're correct...

Court judge is WRONG!!!
One day, you find a weak link.. wipe Court Judge's face off!

I bet media will look at the judge 110% laughstock!

You are correct....the judge is wrong about this.....I am glad you contacted the ADA attorney about this....hopefully she will straighten this judge out.

oh hell yes your right

i live in maryland the county i live in doen't have but a hand full of us deafies , but i just went to court in march of this year and they had a local reporter there with a computer so we could all cumunicate, no interp for asl any how that was paid for buy the state, it's the law that they have provide you with an interp of some kind. so Mr. judge in where ever you said :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Well, if you bought something from the interpreter and reneged on the payment, then I would say yes, you owe the interpreter.
Or was the court case about something different?
;)

beo you wrong.....

under the ADA all state, federal and county MUST pay for interpeters we deafies pay NONE!!!!!! therefore the judge is wrong!

TrenGuyR,

That means NJAD has been hiding in their caves than making sure the deaf Joiseys' rights were clear to everyone. I believe thats a trend that was started by the polyamorist.

The best way to get this fixed is to blow the horn on the judge using this DOJ form http://www.ada.gov/t2cmpfrm.htm and you'll get the situation in control. And as for the fines ask for an extension in time to pay. I'm sure the attorney could use a lot of help from the DOJ.

On another note, you must have pissed the judge off big time to make him come back at you like that. I seen many different judges with many being very patient and I seen them get back like that at those who piss them off for any reason.

Richard

javapride said:
beo you wrong.....

under the ADA all state, federal and county MUST pay for interpeters we deafies pay NONE!!!!!! therefore the judge is wrong!

Java, I was trying to joke.
Of course I know that we deafies deserve voice in court, I know that.
I have been there.
I was joking because the judge seems like so long ago, when everything depemds on who you pay to speak for you.
It is different now.

TrenGuyR said:
I have story to tell ya all. In Trenton, I went to court and Judge said,"You have to pay the fines, court fee, and pay the interprefer" :wtf: then I said, "I don't have to pay the interprefer" He said, "well you have to pay the interprefer" I said, "No, I don't have to pay the interprefer" He said, "I made my decide" with smile face. In my mind :madfawk: I said, "ok" and left the court room. I am still :mad2:

I went to see an ADA attorney, she will take care of it. Hopefully she will kick his ass.

I can understand where you come from.

I only want to give you an example what I know in Germany but I didn't know about America.

All what I know is:

Interpreter Agency would not cover interpreter cost if you break legal/rule. (You mentioned "pay fine" - it means that you broke the law... Right? and also divorce, too) then you have to pay court fee and fines yourself. If you have no money then go to Legal Adviser... Perhaps you are cover by taxpayers.

If you didn't break the law, then interpreter and court fees are covered.

Nesmuth said:
TrenGuyR,

That means NJAD has been hiding in their caves than making sure the deaf Joiseys' rights were clear to everyone. I believe thats a trend that was started by the polyamorist.

The best way to get this fixed is to blow the horn on the judge using this DOJ form http://www.ada.gov/t2cmpfrm.htm and you'll get the situation in control. And as for the fines ask for an extension in time to pay. I'm sure the attorney could use a lot of help from the DOJ.

On another note, you must have pissed the judge off big time to make him come back at you like that. I seen many different judges with many being very patient and I seen them get back like that at those who piss them off for any reason.

Richard
You have something against NJAD?

I'm sorry to say but his story doesnt make any sense. I happen to know most of the court interpreters in NJ (yes, I happen to live in New Joisey, too)..they have their interpreting fees already taken care of before accepting the assignment. :deal:

TrenGuyR said:

Absolutely, Judge is very wrongful. I am shocked because he/she does not familiar with ADA law. How could they hire him/her to become a Judge if he/she does not know ADA law. Oh please....

You can sue that court for wrongful to tell you to pay for the interpreter. When my son was about 14 years old, we went to the court and found out the interpreter was not available. I requested the judge to reschedule to writing down on the note. Judge order my son to interpreter for his Deaf parents. I wrote a note to the Judge, excuse me... it is not my son's responsbility to do interpreter for his Deaf parents with his burden case. How could Judge burden my son to do forceful him to interpreter at same time emotional with his case.

I called Massachusetts Disability Law and NAD. NAD send a letter to the Court for warn to forceful CODA interpreter for their Deaf parents. Court becomes fearful that we can sue that court. So far, that court would never ask anyone to do interpreter for other people without the certification.

I got a letter from Senator in my hometown for apologize to burden on my son. Senator would take care of the court. I was almost lose my temper that could jeopardize to that case. I might adjust my paradigm so that I can be more supportive my son.

Call your state Disiablity Law Office and NAD go to www.nad.org contact with those people who work for the legal.

Unbelievable, the Judge is such asshole. They are idiot as no acknowledge about the ADA session.

Sabrina said:
You can sue that court for wrongful to tell you to pay for the interpreter. When my son was about 14 years old, we went to the court and found out the interpreter was not available. I requested the judge to reschedule to writing down on the note. Judge order my son to interpreter for his Deaf parents. I wrote a note to the Judge, excuse me... it is not my son's responsbility to do interpreter for his Deaf parents with his burden case. How could Judge burden my son to do forceful him to interpreter at same time emotional with his case.

I called Massachusetts Disability Law and NAD. NAD send a letter to the Court for warn to forceful CODA interpreter for their Deaf parents. Court becomes fearful that we can sue that court. So far, that court would never ask anyone to do interpreter for other people without the certification.

I got a letter from Senator in my hometown for apologize to burden on my son. Senator would take care of the court. I was almost lose my temper that could jeopardize to that case. I might adjust my paradigm so that I can be more supportive my son.

Call your state Disiablity Law Office and NAD go to www.nad.org contact with those people who work for the legal.

Unbelievable, the Judge is such asshole. They are idiot as no acknowledge about the ADA session.

What you doing is correct. It's wrong of Judge to use your son as interpreter. It burden your son... I :applause: you for that.

The interpreter won't send you a bill knowing that the court has to pay for it not you, all you can do is contact the ADA and tell them what happened and go from there, do not pay for the interpreter at all...

The judge is wrong, tsk tsk on the judge for not obeying the ADA law! :smash:

I have a question for you all.

Who pay an interpreter if you are a criminal who break the law?

Who pay an interpreter if you are seeking for a divorce?

Liebling:-))) said:

The court!!

If you consultant with an attorney. An attorney is the one responsibility to pay the interpreter.

If it is in the court. Absolutely, the court is the responsibility to pay for the interpreter.

deafclimber said:
the lawyer paid when we were in process.

My attorney did not pay for a interpreter when I went thru my divorce process, the court did...

Something tells me the originator of this topic isn't telling the whole story.

Leibling, your question assumes someone is guilty before the hearing/trial. Unlike in most of Europe, here the accused is not guilty until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Back