Court Judge: Pay Interprefer

Tousi said:
Something tells me the originator of this topic isn't telling the whole story.

Maybe, we will never know will we?... :mrgreen:

^Angel^ said:
Maybe, we will never know will we?... :mrgreen:

Angel, sure we can find out; let's be like detectives and take this guy into the sweatbox and grill him until we find out all the details!
:lol:

Tousi said:
Liebling:-))) said:
I have a question for you all.

Who pay an interpreter if you are a criminal who break the law?

Leibling, your question assumes someone is guilty before the hearing/trial. Unlike in most of Europe, here the accused is not guilty until proven guilty, not the other way around.

:confused: Is my question harm to you?

Never mind........

Tousi said:
:confused: Is my question harm to you?

Never mind........

No harm at all (I am reminded of another topic, "Never Mind!); did my trying to educate you a little bit harm you? Never mind. LOL!

Thank you for answer my question. I'm appreciate it very much to see how different countries between Germany and America. :thumb:
Here is mine:

Who pay an interpreter if you are a criminal who break the law?

Interpreter Agency do not cover interpreter cost but court/taxpayers.

Who pay an interpreter if you are seeking for a divorce?
Depend on divorce grounds (volience, etc)... court/taxpayers pay.

You pay your own pocket if you want interpreter's help to communicate with the lawyer because divorce issues is not in Interpreter agency's rule... then go to Legal Adviser.

Agency or government....doesn't matter, both are taxpayer monies, right?

You pay your own pocket if you want interpreter's help to communicate with the lawyer because divorce issues is not in Interpreter agency's rule... then go to Legal Adviser.

Sweetie, it's ADA laws, and the court is required to pay for the interpreter no matter what!....

Angel, hun, she's talking about Germany....and good morning to you!

Tousi said:
Angel, hun, she's talking about Germany....and good morning to you!

Opps, I get confused with what is being said sometimes!....

And Good morning to you too Tousi! ;)

EyesBlueDeaf said:
You have something against NJAD?

No I dont.

It's the polyamorist who was elected to be president of NJAD back then who pushed the clock backwards on the deaf Joisey's rights.

I been to New Jersey many times and we even have a sister agency brewing in Toms Rivers to be run by a late deafened lady.

Richard

^Angel^ said:
Sweetie, it's ADA laws, and the court is required to pay for the interpreter no matter what!....

Yes, I know after read posts here. I find its interesting, that´s why I like to share you about interpreter rule in my country.

I find interesting that we have different culture with different rules.

deafclimber said:
the lawyer paid when we were in process.

Do you mean that the lawyer have to pay interpreter fee for you? wow!

I have to pay my own pocket to hire interpreter to go to see lawyer for divorce application, not Interpreter Agency because they have list of rules what they can pay or not. Divorce and criminals are not on the list... (I know it´s unfair for deafies to pay extra than hearing when they apply for divorce. :( ). Deafies have to go Legal Advise to apply for money.

Interpreter Agency pay if I want to go lawyer to defend myself against anything or whatever, No lawyers, doctors, etc who pays for us.

Court pay interpreter to attend at court room to interprete for us.

Deafclimber said: "The lawyer paid when we were in process."

So, most likely, the lawyer included the interpreter's fee in your bill, right?

Tousi said:
Deafclimber said: "The lawyer paid when we were in process."

So, most likely, the lawyer included the interpreter's fee in your bill, right?

Could be true.

What you say about this, Deafclimber?

Back