Costco hearing aids

thesoundofsilence

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased HAs from costco? Were they considerably less expensive? Can anyone offer info on pricing?
Thanks in advance!

we had someone who had hearing aids from there and now she has more powerful hearing aids atm (Ambroisia is the chick you'll see here)

My cousin has HA from Costco or walmart only about 3000 maybe 2500 and comparable quality/ features +better service than my stupidly spendy ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

My local Costcos now carries Phonak ... I have no personal experience buying etc from them, however it's good to see they're expanding out to more mainstream brands.

Cost. A lot. More if u wanna get com pilot too

Sent from my LT26w using AllDeaf App mobile app

Thanks for the info everyone! I think I'm going to look into it. I'm in ontario, Canada (I assume a lot of you are in the states). I wonder if the pricing will be much more here:$

I like them but costco's not for everyone

Has anyone purchased HAs from costco? Were they considerably less expensive? Can anyone offer info on pricing?
Thanks in advance!

I've purchased hearing aids from Costco. It's a great buy! I was thinking heavily about price though and i didn't care as much about the newest stuff. I paid around $2800 for mine.

The only issue with Costco is that the hearing aids are older models. They are missing some key things like tinnitus maskers and stuff like that, which is why theyre so cheap. Another reason they are so cheap is cause Costco won't service them after 5 years. So if your hearing aid breaks down after 5 years, you're outa luck and have to buy new one.

I plan on buying hearing aids every 5 years so that's why I went with Costco, but its not for everyone. Do some research.

I got my hearing aid at costco and was happy with the service. Wouldn't hurt for you to schedule a free appointment so you can see if you like the staff at your store. They aren't on commission so they won't be pushy. You can see if their test is close to your audiologists accuracy, find out if they carry something for you and what that model costs, do a demo and walk around the store (try to make a call too).

Costco stands behind their products...you could do much worse IMO. Give them a try - every store is different and you might end up with a great pair for far less than what a private clinic would offer.

Laura

I went to Costco and had a hearing test done, but I didn't buy any from there. After I finished the test the guy literally went "uhhhhhhhhhh I don't have anything that can handle your loss".

I wish I could have though :) they ARE a lot cheaper. I think I read somewhere they're supposed to be getting phonaks. My mom got hearing aids from them before she got a stapedectomy.

Ooh free apt, I'm gonna take advantage of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Thanks again for all the help! Lots of great suggestions!
I didn't know you could test them out but I have only had CIC. I'm going with BTE this time. taking a walk around the store it a great idea! Noisy public areas is where I have the hardest time hearing.

Do they offer a warranty or batteries for any number of time?

Thanks again for all the help! Lots of great suggestions!
I didn't know you could test them out but I have only had CIC. I'm going with BTE this time. taking a walk around the store it a great idea! Noisy public areas is where I have the hardest time hearing.

Do they offer a warranty or batteries for any number of time?

Everyone does, but you should speak with them directly to find out what's included and how long the warranty lasts.

I'm at Costco right now, yes they do indeed have phonaks nowImageUploadedByAllDeaf1408314928.240557.jpg

Not the best pics, but it looks like they have higher powered ones
ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1408314986.220045.jpg

Back