Costco hearing aids

^ Thanks! NaidaUP ^

I just returned from Costco for my first follow up visit.
I had my audi up the volume a tad on my right aid and move t-coil+mic custom program to slot 1 for convenience. I also ordered new ear molds and the ComPilot set.

I asked my audi a dumb (to me) question but she didn't know the answer as I didn't get a response.

If you all don't mind I'll ask my dumb question here.
I have a mute program that I use while at work instead of taking my aids out and using ear plugs.

If my aids are muted will the two beeps for low battery still be heard?
In other words, is the volume of the aids separate from the beeps the aids make when making changes? :hmm:

Hmmm, change batteries while muted. :giggle:

I just returned from Costco for my first follow up visit.
I had my audi up the volume a tad on my right aid and move t-coil+mic custom program to slot 1 for convenience. I also ordered new ear molds and the ComPilot set.

I asked my audi a dumb (to me) question but she didn't know the answer as I didn't get a response.

If you all don't mind I'll ask my dumb question here.
I have a mute program that I use while at work instead of taking my aids out and using ear plugs.

If my aids are muted will the two beeps for low battery still be heard?
In other words, is the volume of the aids separate from the beeps the aids make when making changes? :hmm:

Hmmm, change batteries while muted. :giggle:

How do you mute your HA , I don't think mine does that , I just turn it way down . I can put it in the phone mode and not hear anything but I will a sound coming from my HA that drive me nuts. I would think it would still beep to let you know your battery dead , but I could be wrong and I really don't think this a dumb question , I wonder why your audi did not know the answer .

How do you mute your HA , I don't think mine does that , I just turn it way down . I can put it in the phone mode and not hear anything but I will a sound coming from my HA that drive me nuts. I would think it would still beep to let you know your battery dead , but I could be wrong and I really don't think this a dumb question , I wonder why your audi did not know the answer .

One of the programs can be set to mute. I believe it turns off the mic. I use this when I'm running my mower.

As to the beeps, I'd guess you would hear them since they don't come from the mic.

I do know if you have your ComPilot on and you get a call, it will take you out of the mute program. I've had this happen while mowing the grass and, in addition to hearing the "ringing" in the ear, I all of a sudden hear my loud mower.

One of the programs can be set to mute. I believe it turns off the mic. I use this when I'm running my mower.

As to the beeps, I'd guess you would hear them since they don't come from the mic.

I do know if you have your ComPilot on and you get a call, it will take you out of the mute program. I've had this happen while mowing the grass and, in addition to hearing the "ringing" in the ear, I all of a sudden hear my loud mower.

I am going to ask my audi if I can do this with my HA . I would mute it when trucks are backing up and going beep beep beep! That drive me nuts.

I think Costco has only had the Phonak brand since April of this year. My audi at Costco seems to get lost sometimes when using the Phonak target software. I have asked questions before and didn't get an answer for them either. I guess my audi don't want to give an "I don't know" answer.
Thanks!

Right! I have my last program as a mute. I watched the computer screen when I first got fitted and the mute program was being added. It looked like the volume was lowered down to to zero in the Phonak target software. I don't know if setting the volume to zero also turns the mics off. I'll ask about this when I go back but I may not get an answer. Lol!

Lol! I bet the mower gave you a scare when that happened. I muted mine today to mow the grass.
Thanks!

I think Costco has only had the Phonak brand since April of this year. My audi at Costco seems to get lost sometimes when using the Phonak target software. I have asked questions before and didn't get an answer for them either. I guess my audi don't want to give an "I don't know" answer.
Thanks!

Right! I have my last program as a mute. I watched the computer screen when I first got fitted and the mute program was being added. It looked like the volume was lowered down to to zero in the Phonak target software. I don't know if setting the volume to zero also turns the mics off. I'll ask about this when I go back but I may not get an answer. Lol!

Lol! I bet the mower gave you a scare when that happened. I muted mine today to mow the grass.
Thanks!

Yes, it does startle me when that happens.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just muting your HA's won't offer the hearing protection you need when operating the lawn mower or any other tool that produces harmful noise levels. You need noise suppressing ear muffs to offer the protection level you need to preserve the hearing you have left. Wearing ear protection should also be something that people with good or excellent hearing should also be doing too!
because anything that is producing harmful levels of noise doesn't just harm the hearing of those with hearing loss, but those with good hearing also.

Back