cops raid at gay bar, finds nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
This is truly appalling how the cops treated gays! The police raided the gay bar...

For almost two hours, Mark Danack, Nick Koperski, and sixty other gay men were forced to lay face down on the bar's filthy floors. The drivers license screening revealed nothing.

Sixty two men and the cops didn't find a suspended license, a criminal prior, nothing. Not even a parking ticket.

The search and seizure uncovered nothing. No drugs. Not even a joint.

Finally, the men were ordered to leave but without their cell phones, wallets and other personal belongings.

Not a single man was arrested.

Or given an apology.

Or given a reason for why they were held against their will.

Or how they could get their personal possessions back.

Read more at: Mike Alvear: Stonewall 2009: Police Raid Gay Bar in Atlanta on Account of Because.

That is SICK!

Something like this happened at a bar near here in Fort Worth a few months ago. :shock:

Ok the news report says this, but I wanna hear the OTHER side of the story.

Yiz

This is wrong... and the people had the RIGHT to ask why they were being raided. It is part of the LAW, a person is supposed to be given a reason as to why they are being searched. As for threatening to report any military to their CO, that is wrong... It should not MATTER if you are gay in the military as long as it isn't affecting your performance.

yiz, there is no other side. It said, it raided just because a guy was wearing an underwear!

Seriously, all the guys that were forced down on dirty floor and NOT A SINGLE person has a conviction of ANYTHING, no drugs, no criminal records, not even a parking ticket. They could NOT find anything to justify the raid and they took their personal belongings away from them. That would literally make that gay bar the most law abiding bar!

That is completely illegal and unconstitutional. The police will be in serious trouble. I hope the police gets sued!

yiz, there is no other side. It said, it raided just because a guy was wearing an underwear!

Seriously, all the guys that were forced down on dirty floor and NOT A SINGLE person has a conviction of ANYTHING, no drugs, no criminal records, not even a parking ticket. They could NOT find anything to justify the raid and they took their personal belongings away from them. That would literally make that gay bar the most law abiding bar!

That is completely illegal and unconstitutional. The police will be in serious trouble. I hope the police gets sued!

I hope all of 30 polices will get fired and never rehire in law enforcement anymore.

Pls. correct me if I'm wrong. ..... The story said "some of the men were dancing around in their underwear"??

Or someone was at the bar in his underwear?

Don't most establishments have a dress code?

If I were to go to a bar in my underwear, I'm surely to be thrown out and the police called. Would be arrested.

Still, the Cops should have just arrested whoever "was in his underwear" for indecent exposure, or whatever.

OVERKILL!

The manager/owner of the bar is at fault! No decent bar would allow ANY patron to frequent a bar dressed only in his/hers underwear.

Something like this happened at a bar near here in Fort Worth a few months ago. :shock:

Yes that is where they beat up some gays and their actions led to the suspension of a few officers.

Pls. correct me if I'm wrong. ..... The story said "some of the men were dancing around in their underwear"??

Or someone was at the bar in his underwear?

Don't most establishments have a dress code?

If I were to go to a bar in my underwear, I'm surely to be thrown out and the police called. Would be arrested.

Still, the Cops should have just arrested whoever "was in his underwear" for indecent exposure, or whatever.

OVERKILL!

The manager/owner of the bar is at fault! No decent bar would allow ANY patron to frequent a bar dressed only in his/hers underwear.

No, it's depends on bar's policies and some bars does allowed dance in underwear, it did so you are supposed not interfere with their business because they made own policy so you are very wrong about put bars at fault, it's not true because bars are private and make own policies to allows adults go in so blame on police is unnecessary search and seizure so they are just hate gay people.

It's NOT NOT NOT okay to discriminate against GLBT, should I say again?

Anyone who is anti-gay need leave gay people alone and stay out of their businesses so I don't give a damn about lame excuse over religious.

No, it's depends on bar's policies and some bars does allowed dance in underwear, it did so you are supposed not interfere with their business because they made own policy so you are very wrong about put bars at fault, it's not true because bars are private and make own policies to allows adults go in so blame on police is unnecessary search and seizure so they are just hate gay people.

It's NOT NOT NOT okay to discriminate against GLBT, should I say again?

Anyone who is anti-gay need leave gay people alone and stay out of their businesses so I don't give a damn about lame excuse over religious.

Thks. for the explanation....I've never been to a bar with somebody dancing in their underwear.....
If it's the bar's policy, like I did say, it was an "Overkill", the police are in the wrong.
Hope the OP will update this thread as to the outcome....and the "reason" the bar was raided to start with...if there was a "reason". The link provided "nothing" as to the reason, only that it was raided, and the police making degrading remarks.

This is despicable!!! I hope they sue the pants off this police dept. And I hate how litigious we, as a society have become. But this is over the line.

I just wonder why they were frequenting a place with a "filthy floor." ?

If a single person is having misconduct, you would GO after him, not raid the entire bar! Wouldn't you be outraged if you go to a bar and you get arrested when you have done absolutely nothing wrong?

Bottesini, all bar floors are FILTHY! Drinks spilled over, footprints, etc.. ew!

If a single person is having misconduct, you would GO after him, not raid the entire bar! Wouldn't you be outraged if you go to a bar and you get arrested when you have done absolutely nothing wrong?

Bottesini, all bar floors are FILTHY! Drinks spilled over, footprints, etc.. ew!

Oh, whoops. I don't go into bars.

Oh, whoops. I don't go into bars.
Me either. I guess with all that exposed underwear and filthy floors we aren't missing much except exposure to germs and bacteria.

I guess they don't serve food in those places or else the health department would shut them down. :dunno:

Postscript:
Eight staff members were arrested and put in jail without bond. The charge: Dancing in their underwear without a permit. If it were not for the intervention of two Atlanta City Council candidates who contacted a judge who then set bail, the men would have spent the weekend in jail.

The lawyer retained to defend the bar made this public statement:

"The situation is such that they [police] were coming in for the least serious ordinance violation of all time -- dancing around in their underwear.

Usually such violations will lead to simple citations to employees of an establishment. But the fact police searched all the customers is a direct violation of constitutional rights.

Read more at: Mike Alvear: Stonewall 2009: Police Raid Gay Bar in Atlanta on Account of Because.
Ah, it's more clear to me now.

It wasn't patrons who were dancing in their underwear--it was employees. The problem was, they were dancing in their underwear without a permit. Apparently that's the legal charge.

However, the procedures that the police used were still wrong.

Not right they did this....but maybe more to it. Such as why did they keep the phones of customers?
perhaps a warrant for phones so as to be able to search phone records in drug investigations, etc.
People can get hyperbolic to turn the story thier way.
It would have to be a serious reason to make them lay on
It wasn't the customers doing.
Sounds like a germy place yup. Eight employees in shorts....yuck.
Discriminating wrong.

Um, how is men dancing around in underwear any different than the female waitresses in skimpy outfits with their butts and boobies practically hanging out in straight bars? I'm not seeing the big deal here. OMG, men dancing in underwear (that's sarcasm to the sarcasm impaired).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back