Considering an implant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiohead

Reaction score
Anybody here considering a cochlear imlpant? I have one, but am considering getting a second one put in my other ear.

Originally posted by radiohead
Anybody here considering a cochlear imlpant? I have one, but am considering getting a second one put in my other ear.
Why get one for your other ear? Isn't one enough?

One is good, but we have ears for a reason :) People tend to do better in bacground noise with 2 implants than with just one. Also, with just one its hard to tell where sound is coming from. I can tell extreme left and right sounds, but anything else I can't.

Originally posted by radiohead

Did you get your implant prelingual or post?

Ive heard its a complete change when getting two. I would be interested in hearing about your experience

Re: Re: Considering an implant?

Originally posted by Cain Marko
Did you get your implant prelingual or post?

Ive heard its a complete change when getting two. I would be interested in hearing about your experience

what about u? did u get ur implant or not? heh :cool: me just wonderin ;)

No implant here. :(

Close experience with one though.

same with me - my parents were considering it for me

No implant here. :(

Close experience with one though.
What do you mean, "close experience"?

i wouldn't get implant- i just know that i won't hear at all :D

My mom had asked me if I considered about getting a cochlear implant three times. I declined because I knew that cochlear implant won't work for my ears anyway plus I don't need to deal with some headaches while I used hearing aids. I am happy being Deaf. :D

for me, I do not want it at all. if someone ask me for that. I am sure decline 100%

you are who you are.. so if u were born deaf, u should be proud of it. ~radiohead

Originally posted by Willy
you are who you are.. so if u were born deaf, u should be proud of it. ~radiohead

you are who you are. using some type of aid to hear doesnt change that you are deaf.
no matter what that aid is.

I have one, but I don't use it anymore due to headaches. I wouldn't get another one, that'd make my headache even more worse if I wore both. I don't need it and I'm proud to be deaf :)

Are those that use it NOT proud to be deaf? Is that how you all see it?

thats a real nice way to think of people.:nono:

Machines.... I am not referring to people. I am referring to the implants..

HI,

I got information about a Cochlear implant and I would like to know from someone that has one do you actually hear the real persons voice and the real sounds or is it like a robot's voice or something other then the real persons voice or sounds that you are hearing. I have a profound deafness and wear two aids now .

Could you please write me at BSidrer@aol.com
My name is Barbara

I am new to this board so I may not be able to get back to this point to find out if anyone has answered my note so please write to me direct thank you very much.
Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back