Confession Time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken is cheap.

Tyson produces it cheaply, then they process it, bag it up, and sell it for an upscale price.

Chicken is cheap.

Tyson produces it cheaply, then they process it, bag it up, and sell it for an upscale price.

I know. I've watched Food Inc, which goes into detail about Tyson's processes. It's disgusting. I'm sorry you might have to go back and work for them.

I know. I've watched Food Inc, which goes into detail about Tyson's processes. It's disgusting. I'm sorry you might have to go back and work for them.

Yeah so am I, but it's to put me in a position to get my education so I can get away from that company for good.

Yeah so am I, but it's to put me in a position to get my education so I can get away from that company for good.

Exactly. You gotta do what you gotta do, Dix, and not be ashamed at all. :hug:

^^^Agree with Alex. It's a job - gives you means to get from point A to point B. It doesn't define who you are.

Friend of mine used to work for a poultry plant, not sure if it was Tyson or not....he described it as a "horror house", and the smell was horrific (he said)....anyhow, after 1 month, he quit...and to this day, will not eat Chicken.

Friend of mine used to work for a poultry plant, not sure if it was Tyson or not....he described it as a "horror house", and the smell was horrific (he said)....anyhow, after 1 month, he quit...and to this day, will not eat Chicken.

Same my dad in a meat packing plant during high school summers. He would never touch hot dogs.

Doesn't matter if it's Tyson or not, the process is generally the same in any poultry slaughter plant or processing plant.

He likely worked in Live Hang or in the Kill Room. Those are generally the worst jobs in any slaughter house.

Minor confession: whenever I watch "Sister Wives" I always kind of wish I was one of the wives. Lol

Having to drive my boys to school whenever they "whine"...."we missed the bus".....the traffic this AM was horrid. Had to juggle a cup of hot coffee while driving. Luckily, it only happens 2 or 3 times a year, tho'....Thinking of getting one of those air horns (if they have a timer on them), since the complaint is "I didn't hear the clock alarm".....ahhhh wait until my 17 yr. old joins the military!....He'll be up and at 'em at 4AM every morning for a mile run....

Having to drive my boys to school whenever they "whine"...."we missed the bus".....the traffic this AM was horrid. Had to juggle a cup of hot coffee while driving. Luckily, it only happens 2 or 3 times a year, tho'....Thinking of getting one of those air horns (if they have a timer on them), since the complaint is "I didn't hear the clock alarm".....ahhhh wait until my 17 yr. old joins the military!....He'll be up and at 'em at 4AM every morning for a mile run....

Wow, our military has been reduced to just a mile runs in the mornings? I am disappointed.

Minor confession: whenever I watch "Sister Wives" I always kind of wish I was one of the wives. Lol

I kind of like that show. You're funny :P If you had the opportunity, would you really want to be a sister wife?

I kind of like that show. You're funny :P If you had the opportunity, would you really want to be a sister wife?

It would really depend on the individual situation involved.

If I found a polygamist family that was structured like the Browns or even the Henricksons from Big Love, except non-religious, and I got along well with them all and we could all work together, and the husband in particular could provide for my needs with no problem, then I would seriously consider it. I'm not against polygamy or polyamory as long as everyone involved is happy with it.

But if it were a religious family or if the family structure were something like the Zion Ranch polygamists or whatever, no.

That's part of why I find both Big Love and Sister Wives so fascinating to watch. Instead of the "OMG are they nuts" perspective most people have I watch it with the "So this is what it might be like if I chose that path" and "This is how it'd have to be, this would have to happen or this would have to not happen for me to be happy in that kind of situation", etc. It's just kind of fun to think about.

I do think a lot of people are pretty close minded when it comes to polygamists/polyamorists. If you set aside social constructs you grew up with and look at the face value, it could be a totally valid option for some people with certain kinds of personalities.

Wow, our military has been reduced to just a mile runs in the mornings? I am disappointed.

I thought it was 3-6 with a total qualifying run of 4 miles within a certain time limit to pass basic training. I will ask my friend who is in the air force what he had to do.

1- I snore (I also fart in my sleep)
2- I like to eat with my hands when no one is around (not normal finger foods, I love eating mashed potatoes with my hands!)
3- Big, industrial-type buildings scare me. I don't know why!

I have been known to fart, burp, sneeze and cough at the same time. That's talent! Lmbo!

Maybe it's a 5 mile run (?)...anyhow, not too long ago, the alarm went off, he picked up the clock and went right back to sleep...I found him with the clock in his hand.....:giggle:,,Since he joined the wrestling team, has lost 11 pounds to make "weight", and runs after supper, he's tired. Gets up at 6am....school...after school wrestling practice....gets home around 5-5:30..so he's worn out!

1- I snore (I also fart in my sleep)
2- I like to eat with my hands when no one is around (not normal finger foods, I love eating mashed potatoes with my hands!)
3- Big, industrial-type buildings scare me. I don't know why!

:barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back