Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
I m outta here, no reason to last the debate. You have your own opinion and I have my own opinion. Neither one of us is right.

I simple do not agree with some people's definition for the confederate flag. I don't think they should be banned like guns too. It is just a southern pride.

I agree... I do not like how the Hate Groups abuse the Confederate Flag. They are the ones that are sending out the wrong meaning of it.

I see where everyone's opinion is, there is no right or wrong in this. Everyone is entitled to opinions. Let's not get carried away okay?

Mod's edit: Previous quote removed.

I am not talking about "they" "Bo and Luke"

Using the show as an example.

I am talking about people in general that proudly displays the Confederate Flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the fact that it symbolizes a war fought for slavery, that is just fine?

I would suggest to you.....if you have not already.. To start reading this old, old thread from the beginning.

From the first post on.

Got some other threads to tread! :wiggle:

will come back later to check!! :)

Check her quote again... she said old TV show... not new one. The original cast was Catherine Bach not Jessica Simspon. :)

My brother still thinks she is hot! He was disappointed with he saw the "Movie" :rofl:

I simple do not agree with some people's definition for the confederate flag. I don't think they should be banned like guns too. It is just a southern pride.

Yup, that's right.

Just let you know, not all communist countries use red flag, especially Cuba don't change the flag after communist tookover in 1959.

In Russia, some people use USSR flag as heritage or communist pride.

Okay... I would like to share my experience with you guys about Confederate flag itself. Please, keep that in mind it has nothin' to do with you guys who support Confederate flag as for your heritage or whatsoever. :)

When I used to live in Alaska, I happened to walk on the wrong street to get home and I noticed there was one huge Confederate flag flyin' on the house's wall outside. I checked my reaction when I saw the Confederate flag and I can feel its "negative" vibe as if, it wasn't represented for "heritage". My feelin' was expressed to tell me that it supported its history for whatever it did happened to the black slaves in the past. It felt like that Confederate flag was part of Swatiska, ya know ? It just felt that it is not right. Very offensive image and even, thou it may seem like an innocent.

Supposely, if you saw one Swatiska flag that is flyin' somewhere as if, they are supportin' it for their personal reason just like some people for Confederate flag -- will you guys accept the Swatiska flag in despite of what it represents ? It just makes me wonder. :hmm:

Okay... I would like to share my experience with you guys about Confederate flag itself. Please, keep that in mind it has nothin' to do with you guys who support Confederate flag as for your heritage or whatsoever. :)

When I used to live in Alaska, I happened to walk on the wrong street to get home and I noticed there was one huge Confederate flag flyin' on the house's wall outside. I checked my reaction when I saw the Confederate flag and I can feel its "negative" vibe as if, it wasn't represented for "heritage". My feelin' was expressed to tell me that it supported its history for whatever it did happened to the black slaves in the past. It felt like that Confederate flag was part of Swatiska, ya know ? It just felt that it is not right. Very offensive image and even, thou it may seem like an innocent.

Supposely, if you saw one Swatiska flag that is flyin' somewhere as if, they are supportin' it for their personal reason just like some people for Confederate flag -- will you guys accept the Swatiska flag in despite of what it represents ? It just makes me wonder. :hmm:

That flag is more for hate group.
Confederate flag is no different than if Israel Flag if they ever decided remove Israel off the map.

Yes some people support slavery, but Remember Some Southerner like General Lee felt that Slavery was Evil.

All I know that KKK would display a cross (to burn it) are we to assume that every person who display a cross is racist because some KKK people?

Nope... Re read the reasons why the Civil War started. And re read that the Northern folks are the ones that brought the slaves in the first place. Under a different flag. But that flag is O.K.

The ports that were utilized for the slaves were the ports of Richmond, Charleston, Savannah--cities in the south.

To the Native Americans the U.S. flag is considered the same. But it is proudly waved!!

You have to remember that the Native Americans didn't have a formal government per se.

I see where everyone's opinion is, there is no right or wrong in this. Everyone is entitled to opinions. Let's not get carried away okay?

:) You can always lock it! :lol:

That flag is more for hate group.
Confederate flag is no different than if Israel Flag if they ever decided remove Israel off the map.

Yes some people support slavery, but Remember Some Southerner like General Lee felt that Slavery was Evil.

All I know that KKK would display a cross (to burn it) are we to assume that every person who display a cross is racist because some KKK people?

Yea, I agree. I would prefer to put USA flag on a pedestal just like Statue of Liberty would in the water.

I know about the KKK's history. Bad news. I don't support KKK, if not at all.

Personally this is teh greatest flag ever :)

south_will_rise_again.jpg

<3 that one

Some troopers use confederate symbol during Vietnam war and continue in small group during present war, especially troopers who are from southeast US or raised by southern families.

Racism is like fire...it only breathes when there's wind and fuel...without outside elements, it can eventually smother to nothingness.

Racism is an abstract concept that is enabled through concrete interpretations of individual people.

One young kid I knew came to me one day and said, "I'm black."

I wasn't sure how to respond so I said, "Yes, you have dark skin. I have light skin. There are many shades of people in this world."

He thought about a minute then said, "Well, I never knew I was black till somebody told me!"

And it hit me what had happened. Kids are natuarally color blinded until someone points out that we do separate, classify, label, group, etc. People, often on basis of race and culture. It can be a good thing...but at the same time it's sad, too.

And for clarification with my previous post...

A flag is a flag until someone makes it otherwise.

Back