Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Right.
An those same blacks were descendents of those slaves that were chained and shipped on slave ships that flew the stars and stripes.....
No one denies ,more blacks fought for the north, and those same blacks had regements that after the war was used in the conquest and genocide of natives during the indians wars....
Your point is what then?
That blacks fought for the north and when the south was conquered the natives were next?
And this aids your argument how?

Your reading way more into what I've said than I actually said. All I said was very few blacks actually fought for the South in the Civil Way and by fought I mean carried a gun and used it.

Ok, let me put it this way, get your history on the Civil War from actual scholars who study the history and have facts that they can back up. The facts are: yes, there were blacks in the Confederate Army at the beginning of the war, but they were used in the roles of cooks, teamsters, servants, etc. and very, very few actually had a gun in their hands. Also by 1863, there were basically no blacks in the Confederate Army and at the wars end there were about 2,000 blacks after the order was given to conscript 300,000 blacks into the army in March of 1865, and the war ended the next month. Can you give sources of these men with their boots muddy, if so I would love to read what they said.

Again... I have... from various sources and points of views.... it is an interesting study... most of which was done years ago... hmm but here is a link that has a lot of journals and other writings from the civil war...
At no point have I said that blacks were not held in service position, free and enslaved, confederate and union... however, to state that they did not fight would be wrong, to state that free men were not held to a soldier's standard would also be wrong.
Were there those that defected to the union? Yep, a lot of whites and blacks did so.
However, to say that the north were are sunshine and rainbows to black people is wrong. Their properganda was good I hand you that... and to say that the south was all love and kindness is also wrong.
However, the civil war was more than a race war, it was more than just slavery, it is a heck of a lot more than what is touted as facts today.
The north and south had fundamental differences from the time of kings ...

http://www.rarebooks.nd.edu/digital/civil_war/diaries_journals/

Just an observation:

In the military, unarmed non-combatants can be just as important to the success of a campaign as the armed combatants.

The armed services have always had people onboard who provide necessary support, regardless of their race. Someone had to provide food and drink, tend to the horses, care for the wounded, keep the camp clean (disease can decimate an army), procure supplies, keep records and mend uniforms. They're often exposed to the same dangers as the armed combatants.

I am curious...the schools in the South teach the students a different version of the Civil War from the North schools?

BTW, at HS in the North, we were taught that we had a civil war due to slavery in the South. Don't blame us. You, Foxrac a famous troll in AD, you can't always win.

I am curious...the schools in the South teach the students a different version of the Civil War from the North schools?....

In the South, it's the War Between the States, or the late unpleasantness.

Oh, you were not taught that it was a war between the US government and the South states?
I didn't say what I was taught. I'm telling you what Southern people call it.

I attended two high schools in California and two in Connecticut. I didn't attend school in the South.

I am curious...the schools in the South teach the students a different version of the Civil War from the North schools?

BTW, at HS in the North, we were taught that we had a civil war due to slavery in the South. Don't blame us. You, Foxrac a famous troll in AD, you can't always win.

I moved to the south in the 4th grade.... civil right movement, slavery, and the civil war are covered in depth where I am...
All of the causes for the civil war were covered... how slavery was viewed in the north and south and how it affected the war... how Uncle Tom's Cabin was a book that gave heat to things... how various aspects of both sides and the border states played roles in how things took off... but by no means was slavery the cause... for even in the north it was not about slavery until after the fact... even some northern states, generals, and people would not have fought or supported the war if they thought the war was about slavery...

I moved to the south in the 4th grade.... civil right movement, slavery, and the civil war are covered in depth where I am...
All of the causes for the civil war were covered... how slavery was viewed in the north and south and how it affected the war... how Uncle Tom's Cabin was a book that gave heat to things... how various aspects of both sides and the border states played roles in how things took off... but by no means was slavery the cause... for even in the north it was not about slavery until after the fact... even some northern states, generals, and people would not have fought or supported the war if they thought the war was about slavery...
OK, if you were a high school student in the South, what did you learn about the civil war? Please be honest.

Did the teacher tell you that it was about slavery or the secession of the union or both?

No, you are famous troll in this forum and you have been banned several times.

You continue to ignore our explanation about confederate flag and put inaccurate information in our throat.

OK, if you were a high school student in the South, what did you learn about the civil war? Please be honest.

Did the teacher tell you that it was about slavery or the secession of the union or both?

You seem stuck on it being secession and/or slavery...
While slavery was not the cause of the war, it was an aspect of it... just not a major one... secession was not a drop of the hat decision... it was a lot more to it.... it was all the things that led to secession that was the cause... the north could not permit the south to secede... thus the civil war... with the publication of uncle Tom's cabin just gave them a cause they could all rally ... it was not really slavery that drove the north, rather the harsh conditions of the slaves... otherwise why did the north keep their slaves well past the civil war? If it was about slavery why wouldn't they have freed all slaves in their area; instead ole Abe writes a well known document that only frees slaves in areas he did not own nor control at the time....

I took North and South version of Civil War - North version was in deaf school and South version was in hearing school.

It is obviously that CP didn't read my post and he only read if agree with his moronic views.

I'm 100% honest with my post about confederate state and Civil War.

In our state, 50% of graduation exam was based on WWI and WWII, 40% was based on US during colonial rule and 10% was based on Civil War - they asked about when Civil War started? That's 1861 and which state was Sherman marched? That's Georgia.

The history about Civil War has a lot of conflict that where North and South disputed about various claims.

I took North and South version of Civil War - North version was in deaf school and South version was in hearing school.

It is obviously that CP didn't read my post and he only read if agree with his moronic views.

I'm 100% honest with my post about confederate state and Civil War.

In our state, 50% of graduation exam was based on WWI and WWII, 40% was based on US during colonial rule and 10% was based on Civil War - they asked about when Civil War started? That's 1861 and which state was Sherman marched? That's Georgia.

The history about Civil War has a lot of conflict that where North and South disputed about various claims.
How did you know? Did you go to a hearing school? Can you confirm that the South version is taught at hearing schools in the North?

How did you know? Did you go to a hearing school? Can you confirm that the South version is taught at hearing schools in the North?

The north versions is taught in northern hearie school,he said in southern heare school, south version is taught. In Deafie school northern version

The north versions is taught in northern hearie school,he said in southern heare school, south version is taught. In Deafie school northern version
Alright, which version is true? LOL Southerners would say their version is true while the Northerners say it's not.

Anyway, all of it going on right now will fade away and people will move on as always. Foxrac will move on but I don't know when, hopefully soon.

Alright, which version is true? LOL Southerners would say their version is true while the Northerners say it's not.

Anyway, all of it going on right now will fade away and people will move on as always. Foxrac will move on but I don't know when, hopefully soon.

History is an agreed upon fable.

Off the point a bit: In Texas school, I was taught about Texas history back to the Independence from Mexico, Alamo and other Texas histories. I was taught Texas versions of the battle of Alamo on how Santa Anna the dictator at the time. If I live in Mexico, they certainly would teach me that Sam Houston was the dictator at the time.

Pretty much schools can teach you the history their way they want to. That is why everyone's view conflicted in Confederacy history. Civil War is probably the most argumentative history of the United States.

Last edited:
Off the point a bit: In Texas school, I was taught about Texas history back to the Independence from Mexico, Alamo and other Texas histories. I was taught Texas versions of the battle of Alamo on how Santa Anna the dictator at the time. If I live in Mexico, they certainly would teach me that Sam Houston was the dictator at the time.

Pretty much schools can teach you the history their way they want to. That is why everyone's view conflicted in Confederacy history. Civil War is probably the most argumentative history of the United States.
What about the Dept of Education under the US government? Don't any textbook such as science, math, history, etc get approval by the dept before they are sent to schools anywhere in the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back