Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
What kind of power? Federal taxes that the South didn't like to pay?

federal tax. federal law. federal reach. federal anything. South does not believe in federal government or rather - believe that the federal government should be kept very small with limited power.... and quite frankly - I agree.

there was a divide among founding fathers regarding on how the government should be. some are federalists and some are not.... and as the result of Civil War... the south had lost and the federal government grew from there.

That link provided by RR is from American Freedom Fighters. Do you know who they are? Look at the articles at its website. I don't like them at all. All they do is talk sh*t.

As for Northern Slavery, they were treated properly, even though they shouldn't be owned by anyone.
treated properly???? LOL. you know they were segregated and treated like second-class citizen? in fact they do not think they should be called as "citizen" because they believe black people cannot be educated nor civilized.

Southern slavery was worse due to bad treatment, rape and murder. The Southerns made them suffer unlike the Northern slaves.
the North still had racist attitude toward them. they did not like the concept of slavery and yet.... they did not like black people living among them.

Tell me how come black men from North joined the army during the Civil war when there were no black men in Southern Army?
there are black soldiers in both armies.

treated properly???? LOL. you know they were segregated and treated like second-class citizen? in fact they do not think they should be called as "citizen" because they believe black people cannot be educated nor civilized.

the North still had racist attitude toward them. they did not like the concept of slavery and yet.... they did not like black people living among them.

there are black soldiers in both armies.
Let me ask you something you may be able to answer. Did the black people up in the North have their own places they paid with money by their employers? The South kept those own slaves in the small cottages for free while most of them wanted to leave but they would be killed if caught. "I own you so you stay". That included their children. WTF?

Are you proud of your ancestry? The ones who bought black people as slaves? *smh*

You didn't listen to Calvin.

There were slavery existed in northern states when southern states seceded from Union over Lincoln so they went after our region instead of ending the slavery in northern states.

Most of my families are native southerners and I'm proud of my ancestry, no matter if it was slavery in 19th Century.

Someone needs to wash your tongue with soap bar.

Let me ask you something you may be able to answer. Did the black people up in the North have their own places they paid with money by their employers? The South kept those own slaves in the small cottages for free while most of them wanted to leave but they would be killed if caught. "I own you so you stay". That included their children. WTF?

Same goes with North - slaves were killed when they tried to escape.

You didn't listen to Calvin.

There were slavery existed in northern states when southern states seceded from Union over Lincoln so they went after our region instead of ending the slavery in northern states.

Most of my families are native southerners and I'm proud of my ancestry, no matter if it was slavery in 19th Century.

Someone needs to wash your tongue with soap bar.
Why? I didn't cuss. :lol:

Anyway, how many black slaves were in the North before the Civil War? Where did they sleep? Did they get paid? You know the history very well?

Why? I didn't cuss. :lol:

Anyway, how many black slaves were in the North before the Civil War? Where did they sleep? Did they get paid? You know the history very well?

Black slaves in the North is same as the South - no difference.

When black slaves escape from The South to The North so most of them were under The North's control.

The black slaves from The North didn't end until after Civil War, after The South rid of slavery completely that happened during Civil War.

The slaves were morally accepted until late 1800s but not anymore, even Mexico and Canada had slaves too.

Black slaves in the North is same as the South - no difference.

When black slaves escape from The South to The North so most of them were under The North's control.

The black slaves from The North didn't end until after Civil War, after The South rid of slavery completely that happened during Civil War.

The slaves were morally accepted until late 1800s but not anymore, even Mexico and Canada had slaves too.

Sadly, there are still slaves today. Just hidden from full view.

Yes and there are modern slavery, especially human trafficking.

American girls and women got kidnapped and shipped to Asian countries.

Yes and there are modern slavery, especially human trafficking.

American girls and women got kidnapped and shipped to Asian countries.

I doubt it is limited to those areas. I am sure there are more going on everywhere on Earth.

Yes, I believe that there are a lot of kidnapped young girls being slaves in many countries, not just USA. So your point is that anyone who owns a slave is evil like the old Southerners?

Yes, I believe that there are a lot of kidnapped young girls being slaves in many countries, not just USA. So your point is that anyone who owns a slave is evil like the old Southerners?

Where did I say that?

I take it from what you are saying, I think you secretly like the flag and you don't want people to know you do so you argue against the flag..

In other words, you protest too much!

Like it when people put words into your mouth? :P

Yes, I believe that there are a lot of kidnapped young girls being slaves in many countries, not just USA.yoir funny. So your point is that anyone who owns a slave is evil like the old Southerners?

cmon man..your using huge blankeT statements for an entire region. And its people

Where did I say that?

I take it from what you are saying, I think you secretly like the flag and you don't want people to know you do so you argue against the flag..

Funny.could crazypaul be an ol reb south will rise again...sportin the flag, and signing sweet signs to ol dixie?

Where did I say that?

Thailand is safe haven for sex slaves.

CP, hey, you should demand to change the Thailand flag over sex slaves.

Where did I say that?

What's up with plenty of blank spaces between your statements and last statement?

Anyway, if I secretly like the flag, I wouldn't be here to speak my mind against it. Are you that stupid?

As you said about slaves hidden from full view, care to explain?

Back