Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
All Confederacy supporters are traitors to America, pure and simple. This country is ruled by America and they should be waving AMERICAN USA FLAG.

Heritage for all peoples of the Confederate States.

I had family members who fought on the Union side and those who fought on the Confederate side. I am proud of all of their contributions to our country.

All Confederacy supporters are traitors to America, pure and simple
I can't agree. We all know our American Flag is our main flag.
Re-enactors, Union and Confederate, display many flags and do so as honor to heritage.
People display Country, State, County, Military Unit, etc etc flags not as a slap in anyones face but as a tribute.

People must display them correctly though - Nation at the top, then state, and so on.

Indeed, The south has lost but the south hasn't lost it's pride.

I voted the poll for Heritage. Yes it is also a symbol of civil war but heritage is also history.

I just learned something interesting not too long ago about why the North and South went into Civil War. The other main (other than slavery) cause of this is because of the economy aspect of both north and south. Here's the link for some insight of why (more detailed aspects) north and south had went to war.

Photo 4 of 51 will clearly state it all. Civil War Overview » SlideShare

Do you ever wonder what it would be like now as of today if the South had won and the North had lost? I kept wonder what it would be like as of today? Would it have been any different or worse or what? Ah, all those possibilities are running in my head.

. . . Some aren't over what Louisiana used to be, from France. . .

Yeah. :tears: Hey France! If you want Lousyana back, come and get it! Sorry about the floods, shoot, we let some sloppy southern hick build some dams and shoot, how were we to know we weren't supposed to build something under the water level? :o

Do you ever wonder what it would be like now as of today if the South had won and the North had lost? I kept wonder what it would be like as of today? Would it have been any different or worse or what? Ah, all those possibilities are running in my head.

If the South won and the North lost, it's most likely that slavery will prolong for a long time. If the Confederacy claim victory, who knows what laws they will have for the south or the nation. If it was not for the skillful leadership of Abe Lincoln, the South might have won but the South had several mistakes that costs them the war, the Gettysburg is most likely number one mistakes Confederate (General Lee) had.

Pretty much most country in the world has it's own Civil War, and American had one of it's own. Perhaps some of the questions some would wonder if there ever be a Civil War II for the Americans and what would happen to everyone of us, and definitely it's not going to be the same as in 1861-1865 since today we have so much advanced technology that everyone is wary about.

Vote .......A symbol of Civil War History

I knew someone has it on his house.. He said ...... He is very supporting white people?? :dunno2:

It's racist. There is no "heritage" in it. That's like telling the Germans to fly the Nazi flag!!!! Dear God People!!!!!! This is America.......ONE flag!!!! Fly it or fly nothing!

The Confederate States of America used several flags during its existence from 1861 to 1865. Since the end of the American Civil War, personal and official use of Confederate flags, and of flags derived from these, has continued under considerable controversy. Currently the state flags of Mississippi and Georgia draw heavily upon Confederate flag designs, and those of Arkansas, Alabama and Florida arguably incorporate certain elements from these designs.
Source : Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to me it means nothing more than that.

It's racist. There is no "heritage" in it. That's like telling the Germans to fly the Nazi flag!!!! Dear God People!!!!!! This is America.......ONE flag!!!! Fly it or fly nothing!
There is a ton of heritage in the flags used in the United States. Just read the link in my post above

If the South won and the North lost, it's most likely that slavery will prolong for a long time. If the Confederacy claim victory, who knows what laws they will have for the south or the nation. If it was not for the skillful leadership of Abe Lincoln, the South might have won but the South had several mistakes that costs them the war, the Gettysburg is most likely number one mistakes Confederate (General Lee) had.

Pretty much most country in the world has it's own Civil War, and American had one of it's own. Perhaps some of the questions some would wonder if there ever be a Civil War II for the Americans and what would happen to everyone of us, and definitely it's not going to be the same as in 1861-1865 since today we have so much advanced technology that everyone is wary about.

With that, I would agree with you. There is one thing I do know, If the victory was reversed, This country would not be the same country as we know it to be today. It would be totally different. There's no telling what scenarios could have been out there. The currency system, religions, value, beliefs, so and on would have had an impact - if it was to be reversed.

As for Slavery, It is possible that it could have been very much prolonged but I also do think that it would have happened later on eventually, if it were not to happen during 1861-1865. It was only a matter of time before it was blew up.

As for having Civil War II, Who knows if that will happen or not? That remains to be seen. I hope it won't happen in our lifetime or in the future for generations to come. If it were to happen, It will definitely be much uglier.

Please tell me what does Mississippi's state flag looks like? PRIDE. Not racist.

There is a ton of heritage in the flags used in the United States. Just read the link in my post above

I find it a "creative" way to keep a racist symbol flying high in this country. However, because this is America, we're both entitled to our ideas to what it mean. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I will ask this of you, if a state that had a lot of German Americans decided to make their flag with a swastika in it, would that be "heritage" in your eyes?

Hey, Schermy! Are you ignoring me or what? Why don't you go google yourself to see the Mississippi's state flag? Goddamn it.

Hey, Schermy! Are you ignoring me or what? Why don't you go google yourself to see the Mississippi's state flag? Goddamn it.

WOW...................Chill out my dear. I don't see any need for swearing at me. However, my reply to you would be the same:

I find it a "creative" way to keep a racist symbol flying high in this country. However, because this is America, we're both entitled to our ideas to what it mean. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I will ask this of you, if a state that had a lot of German Americans decided to make their flag with a swastika in it, would that be "heritage" in your eyes?

Feel better now!?!?!

I am the last person that would support anything to do with racism. I have zero tolerance for it. Perhaps the problem lies in our respective understanding of what heritage means. I go by the definition here which I still stand by when I say there is a lot of heritage behind this and all of the flags used in the USA throughout history. It just so happens that the flag in question was in use at the time of slavery and that may be where the negative association comes from. One could argue that any flag used during the time of slavery would carry negative memories. That doesn't mean there is no heritage behind it. For the record I totally am against anything remotely resembling racism, bigotry, prejudice or stereotyping.

Back