Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Slavery is racist.....come on....get real.
as far as southern democrat party....that was then and this is now.
In this day and age republican party more aligned with racism than democrat party. Blacks by far vote democrat and have for decades.
That's just a political spin on the irrelevant. And how and why did you even enter politics into this?
I realize racism was not in poll but "other" was an option and am only discussing my opinion on it.
I think racism should have been an obvious poll choice. To leave it out was trying to deny it.

You don't realize the racist/slavery been exist before Confederate. They just doing for civil right what people want. It's about civil legal. Confederate just afraid of change while US (union) probably the first change civil in history. Unless anyone can point me wrong.

~via BBerry~

Why are you shock that I am here to post in this thread? Because I am co-called black? Am I trying to racist debate? Ha! No it doesn't! ;)

I non-voted symbol of heritage and civil war. I actual support and honor confederate flag. It is history of civil war & heritage. I would say both of them. In 1800s They speak the same language English heritage, unlike Mexican/ latin people who speak spanish.

Why mexican people carry the Mexican flag in this country over USA flag and Confederate flag, they expect to teach us about their spanish and mexican heritage more important than usa flag, confederate flag heritage, civil war and civial right in this country? No, I don't want them take over this country to educate my childern and generations about their flag, language and heritage. They miseducate and mistreat this country's heritage and civil right! Remember that Mexican flag made not your heritage, civil war and civil right. Its not for your freedom and speech!Then, Who made the Mexican flag?!

PacMan said:
It's symbol of Heritage, also it's use for redneck people at present time.
Pac, No, confederate flag represent black people and white people. Today, black people support confederate flags, because its their heritage.

TexanGuy said:
The war wasn't about racism. It was over about slave and government.
Texan Guy, I correct you. Like old saying "there always be slave and king by DIVIDE and CONQUER".

I am here to choice the voice I speaking for myself and my country(USA heritage) of what I believed!

~via BBerry~

Why are you shock that I am here to post in this thread? Because I am co-called black? Am I trying to racist debate? Ha! No it doesn't! ;)

I non-voted symbol of heritage and civil war. I actual support and honor confederate flag. It is history of civil war & heritage. I would say both of them. In 1800s They speak the same language English heritage, unlike Mexican/ latin people who speak spanish.

Why mexican people carry the Mexican flag in this country over USA flag and Confederate flag, they expect to teach us about their spanish and mexican heritage more important than usa flag, confederate flag heritage, civil war and civial right in this country? No, I don't want them take over this country to educate my childern and generations about their flag, language and heritage. They miseducate and mistreat this country's heritage and civil right! Remember that Mexican flag made not your heritage, civil war and civil right. Its not for your freedom and speech!Then, Who made the Mexican flag?!

Pac, No, confederate flag represent black people and white people. Today, black people support confederate flags, because its their heritage.

Texan Guy, I correct you. Like old saying "there always be slave and king by DIVIDE and CONQUER".

I am here to choice the voice I speaking for myself and my country(USA heritage) of what I believed!

I have no idea that you said like that then go to Atlanta or Nashville then find out yourself, other one in 30 miles away from Downtown Atlanta and several white people are out around and make stupid racial activity against on black people, also it wasn't worse as back in 60's or 70's. I had know that many black people in southeast states are against on this flag because of racist that happened in 1800's and time for them to take action on them.

I have no idea that you said like that then go to Atlanta or Nashville then find out yourself, other one in 30 miles away from Downtown Atlanta and several white people are out around and make stupid racial activity against on black people, also it wasn't worse as back in 60's or 70's. I had know that many black people in southeast states are against on this flag because of racist that happened in 1800's and time for them to take action on them.
2PAC, I knew it already! I am not behind this news. ;)

Let me assume you missed primetime, 20/20, dateline show tv, reporters/ jounrals who interviewed with white and black people about confedrate flag. Black grow to accpet and support confedrate flag is still glory in this country. Black people realized that flag is their part of heritage where their forefathers and family died for it. White people wanted black people understand the confedrate flag for heartiage and civil war too. Did you know that confedrate black and white soldiers were war with american black and white from north against south? History is important key! ;)

Thank to this country to revealed me and educated me this recoreded of history. It make me proud of my people died for slavery and freedom.

Confederate black troops??.....something is amiss....context surely missing. fighting for 'Massa' or face hanging?
In my eyes the ugliness of the racism-hangings etc. ... overshadows the heritage and whatever else. And always will....bury the ugliness. Move on. Burn the flag. JMO.
It's like the Native Americans desire to eradicate violent native images from sports teams. It serves a stereotypical image that is deemed better off out of sight.
Move on....the south lost.

Cowpuppy, look at Mississippi's State Flag....it has confederate flag on it. Florida's flag looks like confederate flag but it has red cross with a circle on the middle of the cross. Alabama's flag looks like confederate but it only has red cross with white background. And Geogia has "the first confederate flag". Those states are still pride, not by racism, by the history. I have the confederate flag and I have some African-American friends.

A black guy walked up to me and told me that the Confederate flag was thought up by a black man. :dunno:

I voted a symbol of Heritage, I don't see it as a symbol of racism and slavery. But I get your point Shel, If it was used for that purpose as a racism then I don't agree with that.

Good question...

i say the same thing but unfortuntely the powers that be feel otherwise.put it in a museum with the rest of the old American artifacts.it is part of our history i could go deep into this but ill leave it at that. :angel:

KKK use Confederate as wrong pride. It goes same thing as they use Nazi flag. How that explain that they're not really Nazi but true America use Nazi? That's disgrace.

Saw on the news like oh, I say like 15 yrs ago, black mayor of Atlanta ( I lost track of time, bec many time,, time flies and not realize that long or short), he said many blacks need to be re-educate, bec all the complaint about confederate flag and think its racist. KKK destroying the example of confederate flag or I say misusing them. Those days, many black slaves loved their master, bec lot of them have good master and treat the slaves very loving and caring. Lot of them masters aren't, there aren't all the same. It's depend on who the person is. And KKK need to re-educate. Problem is that many blacks are obvious which lead to become stereotyping. Bec I know alot of blacks are great people and not involve the wrong crowd of blacks. Nazi symbol is different, there is nothing good about Nazi.

I voted A Symbol of Heritage - it's shows a Civil War tradition. It is the most studied histories of America. I've read many histories of Civil War and become more fascinated especially how Lincoln guided his country through the most difficult times. The war between the North and the South, Brothers vs Brothers.. which is a saddening at that times which families being torn apart by the war. I'd vote as Civil War History but I went ahead and vote Heritage not only because of generations but tradition itself how Americans fought valiantly during the 4 years war. General Lee is one of the most respected soldier who fought for the Confederate so brilliantly but his mistake at the Battle of Gettysburg cost him the war as it was turning point for the Union's favor.

I also want to note that I just learned that my stepdad is the very distant cousin of General Lee.

I read history book. Yes it is true. Also they start develop new technology weapons. <---It is very interesting.

Im a diehard Tarheel... part of the south.

I studied Civil War... Got some family members fighting for the Confederates. We had good people who had slaves, took good care of them, and we never heard about them... but we hear about the bad "masters" who beat the slaves up, underfed them, and treated them awful.

No I aint defending them but the truth needs to be told. There are a few black regiments in Confederate army and same in Union army.

Funny thing we southerners are blamed for not treating blacks well, but we hear plenty of stories up in North where yanks treat blacks terribly even today. Yet its not reported as often as it should.

About the flag... it is a good symbol of the southern people but now its being abused by skinheads, rednecks and KKK. I see the CSA flags in NASCAR but why? I dont know why!

I remember when Heath was allowed on the forums and when he displayed the Confederate flag on his avatar, I would automatically block him (place him on ignore).

I think a lot of southern people are so southern that they don't know what they're southern about!:giggle:

That being said. Ahem. The Civil War is over! The South LOST. Get over it.

That's right, dude, the south is lost. But the pride of the Confederate flag is still on ever since.

Im a diehard Tarheel... part of the south.

I studied Civil War... Got some family members fighting for the Confederates. We had good people who had slaves, took good care of them, and we never heard about them... but we hear about the bad "masters" who beat the slaves up, underfed them, and treated them awful.

No I aint defending them but the truth needs to be told. There are a few black regiments in Confederate army and same in Union army.

Funny thing we southerners are blamed for not treating blacks well, but we hear plenty of stories up in North where yanks treat blacks terribly even today. Yet its not reported as often as it should.

About the flag... it is a good symbol of the southern people but now its being abused by skinheads, rednecks and KKK. I see the CSA flags in NASCAR but why? I dont know why!

Your sick!!! On before civil war start, White southerners does treat black people so badly, such as cut their ear, hand or whatever when not work on something, also they are hurt black kids like whipping on their butt. Slave is REALLY BAD, period.

Yankees are treat black people so badly then your insane, it's for people, not yankee, also white southerners are make fun of black people, it's still as today.

I remember when Heath was allowed on the forums and when he displayed the Confederate flag on his avatar, I would automatically block him (place him on ignore).

I think a lot of southern people are so southern that they don't know what they're southern about!:giggle:

lol, I'm glad that he's gone. ;)

Some of them aren't over with England what here used to be. Some aren't over what Louisiana used to be, from France. Some aren't over what Texas used to be nation. Some of them aren't over with Virginia as it was once first nation, too.

Can't they enjoy themselves, part of their heritage?

Although I'm not a big fan of the Confederate flag, I think it's a symbol of heritage, not hate.

Edit: But sadly, that doesn't mean everyone interprets it and expresses their opinion appropriately.

Back