Computer online Vs. TTY

SprintRelayOnline seems to be very reliable. There was only one time during winter when I had to use IP-Relay cuz of problems on SprintRelayOnline.

i prefer online the best ! and more comfty i havent used my tdd in almost 2 yrs ha lol !

Originally posted by dojosky
i prefer online the best ! and more comfty i havent used my tdd in almost 2 yrs ha lol !

mine too, I rarely use TTY for call interpreter that's all!!

Computer online is best one to use communcation to anyone in anytime. It is almost free Long Distance but you only pay for internet bill. it is more alot cheaper.

too bad we cant use ip-relay or sprint to tty with other deaf people.....we have to use tty in order to tty with other deaf people, it seems like hearing people still have the advantage- you cant VCO with a deaf person you have to type it....

I prefer both TDD and computer relay. Of course, it saves me $$$ on long distance bills!! I am not sure about dialing TTY number on computer relay??

Originally posted by TexDeafies
thats good point but I use both.. TTY and the computer.. I'm use computer for relay service if need to make contact long distance (no charge :naughty: ) So I use TTY for relay service and contact with friends that who have TTY.. I have cable modem as well :)

:werd: I use both. :)

Originally posted by ChelEler
:werd: I use both. :)

Haha... Today I just got new TDD- Ultratec Superprint Pro 80 in the mail from TelTex, Inc. I got it with Texas State voucher to get new tdd for free..... But I had to pay some extra with voucher.... I got my new TDD from TelTex, Inc. for cheap 550.00 (original price-579.00 :naughty: ) :)

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
man, Mac is sucker.

online relay suck, you can't received the incoming call. :roll:

you even can't call 911...

Can you carry computer with you while make call thru relay service? No!

do you ever think about make call while you lay on the bed? It make much comfortable! I hate to sit down and stare on the computer and let the monitor kill my eyes. I really hate it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by illustrator

do you ever think about make call while you lay on the bed? It make much comfortable! I hate to sit down and stare on the computer and let the monitor kill my eyes. I really hate it.

Ah-ha! That's why I'm keeping my oldfashion TTY so I can call 911 (if anything serious happens at my home) and can receive any incoming phone calls. :slap:

Originally posted by illustrator

fine, I can incoming call from msn, aim or whatever that is more incoming call than phone. what is your pointss??

I dont need a relay service for almost none. simple you can use laptop bring anywhere you want. or can bring pager, more easier for you in travel time.

fine, I can incoming call from msn, aim or whatever that is more incoming call than phone. what is your pointss??

I dont need a relay service for almost none. simple you can use laptop bring anywhere you want. or can bring pager, more easier for you in travel time.

Pager? Keep that in your mind.. the pager doesnt cover everywhere... but depend on which city that have the signal. I do have the pager but disappoint because doesn't cover here at my house. My pager is covered just about couple of miles north of my house. Oh welll....

Originally posted by TexDeafies
thats good point but I use both.. TTY and the computer.. I'm use computer for relay service if need to make contact long distance (no charge :naughty:) So I use TTY for relay service and contact with friends that who have TTY.. I have cable modem as well :)

same here LD I use computer but local TTY, which one u use relay? me SPRINT ONLINE , heard there is ip-relay

Can sprintrelayonline call to tty? I only call from online to hearing ppl's phone not know can I use to call online to TTY? I mean I used to call from my tty to friend, deaf, tty only but online to tty never?

can you afford the wireless isp to connect with laptop??

Carry the laptop around outside the beautiful park? How embarrass.

I have story that ever happen to me.... I send email from my PDA to my brother's sidekick. I couldn't get their reply back to me within 15 mintues. I deicde to call with my cell phone with my TDD to call him. finally, I reach him and talk into something very important... It help!!!

I don't like for anyone to keep me wait that long. I need their answer ASAP!

Originally posted by TommyGirl
Can sprintrelayonline call to tty? I only call from online to hearing ppl's phone not know can I use to call online to TTY? I mean I used to call from my tty to friend, deaf, tty only but online to tty never?

see? That's the POINT! Sheesh - stop being addict on pager. It help nothing but trouble. when you have pager, and you encourage someone to waste their money to get pager for themselve.

Pager cost more than cell phone.

Did I mention that TDD are FREE?? get voucher program from your state.

Back