College interpreter

Thanks Jillio! I am thinking about reporting him to the school, I was at a loss when I was told there is no one above him in his department...so Im guessing ill have to write a strongly worded letter to the Dean or the President of the college!

Start with the Dean and cc the director of student services and the President. You might also send a copy to NAD's legal dept. and note that on your letter.

THANK YOU SO MUCH COOLGIRlSPYER90! :ty::ty::ty:

:D no problem! just use those and print them off and show it to them when you have your meeting. Then they'll have no choice but to give you an interpreter. If they are not going any more further with it, it might be time to give NAD or ADA a call.

UPDATE: So after all this time I finally found the number for the woman who works above him (he gave me the wrong number!), I gave her a call through interpreter relay call and expressed my concerns and how I was hurt by what was said to me by a disability support director! She seemed surprised too! I found out that the guy never even gave her my paperwork (letter from Audiologist)! She emailed me back within 24-hours assuring me I have an interpreter set up! I am so happy! I have it in writting too!

UPDATE: So after all this time I finally found the number for the woman who works above him (he gave me the wrong number!), I gave her a call through interpreter relay call and expressed my concerns and how I was hurt by what was said to me by a disability support director! She seemed surprised too! I found out that the guy never even gave her my paperwork (letter from Audiologist)! She emailed me back within 24-hours assuring me I have an interpreter set up! I am so happy! I have it in writting too!

You go girl! Feels good to be your own advocate, doesn't it?

wow.... he's got some nerve... looks like he won't be in job any longer *smh*

wow.... he's got some nerve... looks like he won't be in job any longer *smh*

Or at the very least a strongly worded reprimand from the boss! Lets see him make this mistake again. Don't mess with the AD team!!! :h5:

Back