Collection?

a sidetrack. I think I collect pens because I like to write instead of type and I like having enough pens in the house. I can never understand this and it annoys me to infinity. why is it that every single time I go to anybody's house... a pen is nowhere to be found? it doesn't make any sense.

just about anything is readily and easily found in my house. pens, papers, rubber bands, paper clips, batteries, etc.

I always had pens, thousands of them...Had one whenever I needed and still have them, sadly they are packed away since I am divorcing and not in my house yet since it needs work...
I cannot find a damn pen anywhere in this house if my life depended on it but my ex seems to magically pull one out of her ass when she needs one and wont let me use it.

I always had pens, thousands of them...Had one whenever I needed and still have them, sadly they are packed away since I am divorcing and not in my house yet since it needs work...
I cannot find a damn pen anywhere in this house if my life depended on it but my ex seems to magically pull one out of her ass when she needs one and wont let me use it.

Uh? I don't think I'd want to use it. :eek3: :lol:

What is your favorite Poodle-themed thing you have, Bott?

It's a portrait we bought in an antique store. It looks exactly like our late Poodle when she was young.

I guess all Poodles pretty much look alike, but I am very sentimental about it.

Then I have a few salt and pepper shakers from the fifties when poodles were the rage, and a large ceramic in a Dutch cut, and even one chalkware that was probably from a 1930's carnival.

last sat. i went to a friends house. I met a beautiful doggie. He is half gold retieve and poodle. His hair looks like he used a hot crimping iron on hair. LOL cutie doggie.

Don't collect much anymore these days, but I used to buy unbuilt scale model cars, and grab any antique Matchbox cars & trucks. Since they were a hot item back in the late '90's and got expensive, I stopped.

Some of the Matchbox vehicles:

IMG_0179-L.jpg

IMG_0183-L.jpg

I collect Hong Kong films, Hong Kong film books, Chinese music and memorabilia. I also have a large selection of Argentine, Korea, Spanish, and Italian films. I was running out of space in my room so I had to give some of it away but I imagine it'll creep back up again soon.

Laura

Don't collect much anymore these days, but I used to buy unbuilt scale model cars, and grab any antique Matchbox cars & trucks. Since they were a hot item back in the late '90's and got expensive, I stopped.

Some of the Matchbox vehicles:

IMG_0179-L.jpg

IMG_0183-L.jpg

I bet you wish you had the 1966 Opel Diplomat.

matchbox.jpg

Botti, I can see why you'd enjoy that portrait :) where do you have it?

When I was a little girl we had my mom was good friends with our next-door neighbor. It was the neighbor, neighbor's husband and neighbor's mother that we were all friendly with, really. A few Summer in a row, that neighbor had some of her out-state-friends come up from Texas and they brought their little Toy Poodle, Toby, with them. I was quite fond of him and would spend many hours sitting in the shade of our yard with him on my lap. I also played ball with him. Sometimes I pet-sat for him for a few hours in the day if the whole group of them were gone.
Other times the the friends would take their little Poodle and plop him in a backpack and walk up to the mall that was a few blocks from where we all lived, and I'd go with them. Or I'd sit and watch the man who was one of the owners, groom him each morning on their little patio table.
I really looked forward to those Summers because Toby became almost "my dog" for a time. I didn't live with dogs as a kid but I made sure to find dogs to spend time with.

I also had a ton of Hot Wheels toy cars, those were a lot of fun-

SOLD for... $9,000 also known as the (previously) most expensive Matchbox car. You sure you don't want it?

Wow, someone paid $9K for it?!??! It must be mint in box for that price. I see them on E Bay for well less than $100. How come??

Back