Cochlear Implant Patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck Zebadee -- thinking of you!

Good luck Zebadee,

Any dry shampoo will do the job. My mum very carefully washed my hair under removable shower head, 3 days post op and I covered my incision with dry cloth to keep it the area dry.

Mine is right now from my fall but they say it should come back with time, so far its been almost 3 months..

3 years so far for me. But remember you can get used to anything if you have to.

Good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well for you.

:wave:

good luck. hope it all goes well. hope to hear from you when ur feeling good.

Good Luck... Keep us posted... I admire your determination and your spunk. and mostly your positive attitude for someone so young

thanks for all the good luck wishes. Had the MRI this afternoon. 9:50 we are supposed to be there! Hopefully all goes well, if i feel up to it ill try and post tomorrow and let you guys know how i'm doing..

thanks for all the good luck wishes. Had the MRI this afternoon. 9:50 we are supposed to be there! Hopefully all goes well, if i feel up to it ill try and post tomorrow and let you guys know how i'm doing..

I expect pictures! All the tough people oblige. :wave: Ask Deaffy. :)

Zebadee2010.Hope all turns successful for you tomorrow. As I recall from my operation-July 12/07- which was at 1.30pm and awoke around 8.00pm, I went home the next morning, The activation was 4 weeks later-giving your head- time to heal from the stitches which are removed. Not a major problem. Then starts the mapping which you will be telling them how you are hearing- at first such strange harmonic sounds. Just take it day by day.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
Zebadee2010. If you are still interested in what happened earlier today, you can read a description of the operation in Michael Chorost's book- Rebuilt. He was present a few months later at another patient having the same operation he had. The book is in the public library.
I can well imagine the world seems a bit strange-hearing wise to you right now-silence or strange sounds in your head. It should decrease in a short time I went back to Sunnybrook/Toronto 11 days later for the surgeon to check the stitches.Okay than. As I was lifting weights before the operation-forbidden to lift for at least 2 months-danger of "disturbing the stitches". Not exactly a big ordeal! Came back 2 weeks later for activation.
Just take everything day by day.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
Dunno what oblige means, however i'll try and post a picture or two. And the big day starts at 9:50! Good thing ill get to sleep some more during surgery! haha

Good luck and hope everything will turn out great for you.

We should be getting a post op report soon. Fingers are crossed here.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed too. :fingersx: Do let us know how thing progress.

Hey what part of NC are you in.... Are you getting your operation in NC... We might not be to far apart. I'm getting mine in Norfolk Virginia. I know alot of people who live right across the nc line usually come to va to get ther operations.

If you are having your surgery at UNC in Chapel Hil,l you may have met Marcia Clark Abunki who is my CI audit. I still see her even though I live in Lynchburg, VA instead of Charlotte, NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back