Cochlear Implant is death sentence to your health!

Who're you J-girls calling funny-looking? I resemble that insulation!

Who're you J-girls calling funny-looking? I resemble that insulation!

I am not a J-girl ( categorically denied!) and I deny that you have any reasons to resemble that insulation. In fact, I deny that insulation has anything to do with it. You are just anti-J-girls.

You are just anti-J-girls.

Am not! Some of my best friends are J-girls. Although it is a proven fact that J-girls are the real death sentence to your health. Just ask Napoleon; Josephine gave him that itch inside his shirt he had to keep scratching. It wasn't Mable of Arc they had to burn at the stake to keep her from attacking the British. Just who do you think pushed Jack down the hill and broke his crown?

I think the topic here should be Jocular implants.

NAD is decidedly not anti-CI. They are pro-individual choice, fully informed consent, and ethical behavior in the medical establishment. They are pro-indvidual rights, anti-discrimination based on hearing status and language used, and anti-denial of full language opportunity for all deaf adults and children. I challenge yo to find another organization that works as hard for the rights of all deaf individuals, irregardless if they are implanted or not, ASL users or oral, late deafended or prelingually deafened, and age.

Jillo you live in a fishbowl or something ? NAD was anti CI a few years ago and even had a postion paper on it . So there is your proof. Orgainizatins such as HLAA and ALDA give people more individual rights than NAD. Go check it for yourself...

Am not! Some of my best friends are J-girls. Although it is a proven fact that J-girls are the real death sentence to your health.

Can you provide a link for that?

Just ask Napoleon; Josephine gave him that itch inside his shirt he had to keep scratching. It wasn't Mable of Arc they had to burn at the stake to keep her from attacking the British. Just who do you think pushed Jack down the hill and broke his crown?

It wasn't the J-girls' falult. Napoleon, and Jack were born under bad stars. Check their astological charts.

I think the topic here should be Jocular implants.

I can think of a few people around here who would benefit tremendously from a Jocular implant.:giggle:

i just think any surgery is a risk......what about these babies that was born with a heart defect?? or whatever there is....and the reconstructive surgeries that we all have, reconstructed knee, elbow, arm...the people had to have steel screws and etc...pacemakers....they all have a risk....we dont think about those do we?? but with the ci....if my child was deaf or hoh, i still wouldnt have it done....what god gave me or my child....so be it.....

Jillo you live in a fishbowl or something ? NAD was anti CI a few years ago and even had a postion paper on it . So there is your proof. Orgainizatins such as HLAA and ALDA give people more individual rights than NAD. Go check it for yourself...

Was is not is. They are not anti-CI now. HLAA and ALDA are support gorups. They do not offer the range of services for ALL DEAF that the NAD does. They focus only on oral deaf.

So, Southfella, you have proven nothing. When is the last time the HLAA or the ALDA took an employer to court for job discrimination against a deaf individual?

The organizations don't give the rights. Federal legistaltion does. Organizations only uphold those rights. The NAD is actively involved in doing so. The organizations you have named are not.

Southfella,
Both HLAA and ALDA do have advocacy... (the links point to advocacy page)
Hearing Loss Association of America
ALDA - Association of Late-Deafened Adults Inc.
ALDA does not focus on oral deaf (About ALDA)

And the issues supported through advocacy are not the same issues that the NAD addresses. Advocacy, as well, does not necessarily equate to actual assistance in resolving issues affecting the individual or the group.

They still remain exlusionary, as they represent only one portion of the population. The NAD is inclusive.

This guy obviously feels pretty strongly about what he's saying, judging from his expressions and such.

That said, and respecting his option to feel this way, I really wish this debate could be freed from this kind of extreme, FUD-type sort of thing (on both sides). Jocular implants all around seem to be in order! :D

As an ci wearer, i watched the video, and was not surprised about the comments. Even if it is true or not I don't know, its all part of the risks of getting a CI, but it is our choice, (children exception!) we adults have our own decision and are aware of the risks of getting a ci, but we still chose to go for the surgery. It is the same idea as smokers who knew the risks of smoking would cause cancer, or drinkers took the risk of getting a kidney failure, everything has risks, every decisions has risks, no matter what kind of decisions there are ALWAYS risks of some sorts, or ALWAYS have pros and cons, we just have to weight those pros and cons before deciding to get one or not. And those who already gotten one had already went through the tough decision to decide, so why do anti-ci people go around bashing people who have gotten one. It just an hearing device. Do people go bashing around people with hearing aids. No, do people go around bashing people with prosestic (sp?) Same for causing worries like saying this causes cancer or whatever, does anybody here go around town yelling at people who smokes "smoking can cause cancer!!" or drinkers "drinking alcohol can make your kidney fail" we already get those advices from the experts, advertising and shit, we don't need ordinary people telling us how to live our life.

i just think any surgery is a risk......what about these babies that was born with a heart defect?? or whatever there is....and the reconstructive surgeries that we all have, reconstructed knee, elbow, arm...the people had to have steel screws and etc...pacemakers....they all have a risk....we dont think about those do we?? but with the ci....if my child was deaf or hoh, i still wouldnt have it done....what god gave me or my child....so be it.....

God gave me a wonderful, stubborn etc. child with Down Syndrome, ASD, PDA and hearing loss. She underwent open heart surgery for the ASD & PDA, bypass means they stop the heart to connect it, the biggest risk to her was the fact that when they restart the heart they sometimes lose them big risk, and at age 18 months underwent surgery to place typany (sp?) tubes. She has had other elective surgeries to help make her life eaiser and more pleasant (who needs alot of ear infections when tubes do help most, who needs goopy eyes when a tear duct probe might help...it didn't etc etc) Modern technology that gives the deaf hearing at before unheard of levels is to a gift of God. God does not mean for us to be static and never change or improve options.

I have reconstructed my hearing. And love it. :)

God gave me a wonderful, stubborn etc. child with Down Syndrome, ASD, PDA and hearing loss. She underwent open heart surgery for the ASD & PDA, bypass means they stop the heart to connect it, the biggest risk to her was the fact that when they restart the heart they sometimes lose them big risk, and at age 18 months underwent surgery to place typany (sp?) tubes. She has had other elective surgeries to help make her life eaiser and more pleasant (who needs alot of ear infections when tubes do help most, who needs goopy eyes when a tear duct probe might help...it didn't etc etc) Modern technology that gives the deaf hearing at before unheard of levels is to a gift of God. God does not mean for us to be static and never change or improve options.

I have reconstructed my hearing. And love it. :)

Agree with you 1000% JAG
Rick

Back