Cochlear Implant is death sentence to your health!

Maria

Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this ? Discuss!

YouTube - Cochlear Implant is death sentence to your health!

( MOD: Please insert a video here for ADers to view. Thanks for your assist! )

[yt]7G37Wnj8Bok[/yt]

Mod Note: Video embedded at creator's request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria use [yt ] 7G37Wnj8Bok then [/yt ] Be sure to get these together so it would show up. :)

Never cease to amaze me how people enjoy spreading fears due to ignorance.:ugh3:

I have a CI and I'm still alive :giggle:

Never cease to amaze me how people enjoy spreading fears due to ignorance.:ugh3:

Yeah as I can see that. The reason I created this thread just to see if anyone ( ADers ) would agree with this man or not. I got this video from one of my friends thru email.

I wasn't sure if it was true since I don't wear CI myself. Lol !
It would be nice to see some inputs and feedbacks about this issue. :)

Yeah as I can see that. The reason I created this thread just to see if anyone ( ADers ) would agree with this man or not. I got this video from one of my friends thru email.

It does look like a good video.

LOL yep, I agree with you they love to spread false rumors to make people feel lot of fear on C.I. without any proof. I have C.I. and I am still alive for 4 years sigh. ha

Maria, C.I. don't cause the death. What cause death is meningitis is the cause of death if a person or a child don't get a virus check for shots. Meningitis is a common name for infections that take place in the membranes (called meninges) surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis can be caused by viruses and by bacteria. One of the most serious forms of meningitis is caused by bacteria known as meningococci. So really meningococal is very potenitally dangerous if not treated right away. You can check it out at the CDC. I am sure they have all the facts. :)

You mean FUD ? Of Course!!!!

Oh, he forgot that CI Technology isn't going to around forever because There is a research groups researching on nanotechnology to replace CI!

You know... there's a woman who had CI for more than 20+ years and it malfunctioned and she got it replaced with newer CI and she has no sign of radioactive or cancer or tumor whatever that man in video claims that it cause... :giggle:

Maria, C.I. don't cause the death. What cause death is meningitis is the cause of death if a person or a child don't get a virus check for shots. Meningitis is a common name for infections that take place in the membranes (called meninges) surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis can be caused by viruses and by bacteria. One of the most serious forms of meningitis is caused by bacteria known as meningococci. So really meningococal is very potenitally dangerous if not treated right away. You can check it out at the CDC. I am sure they have all the facts. :)
right...

Meningitis Concerns

and it is known that many of them who got meningitis have gotten CI. *shrug*

We should know that West Nile Virus or amoeba meningitis are far more dangerous than bacterial meningitis.

regarding amoeba meningitis: see References in wikipedia for news...
as well as this google results:
waterborne - Google Search

Rare Brain-Eating Amoeba Sends Murrieta Firefighter to Death

I had meningitis when I was 9 - that's how I went deaf. I also got the immunization required beforehand when I got my CI. As long as you are immunized, you should be fine.

Maria,

While I appreciate that the author of the vlog is concerned about Meningitis, I find the title of the vlog over the top and provoking eye rolling. It implies that every single CI user is going to die.

As I understand it, roughly about 0.15% of CI users have contracted meningitis after CI surgery and fewer have died from it. This means that 99.8% of CI users are not likely to get it. Now, for some people that's still too many cases and I respect that but it's a long way off describing the CI as a "death sentence".

I think it's important for all people contemplating CIs to be informed about risks, because someone has to be part of that 0.15%! This should be the case particularly if they have predisposing factors which increase that risk e.g. inner ear malformation, previous incidence of meningitis, recurrent ear infections etc. As Neecy stated, the risks can be reduced significantly by immunization.

If the author of the vlog is concerned about CIs and meninigitis, I think it would be much more positive if he posted a reminder for people getting CIs to keep their immunizations up to date.

Maria,

While I appreciate that the author of the vlog is concerned about Meningitis, I find the title of the vlog over the top and provoking eye rolling. It implies that every single CI user is going to die.

As I understand it, roughly about 0.15% of CI users have contracted meningitis after CI surgery and fewer have died from it. This means that 99.8% of CI users are not likely to get it. Now, for some people that's still too many cases and I respect that but it's a long way off describing the CI as a "death sentence".

I think it's important for all people contemplating CIs to be informed about risks, because someone has to be part of that 0.15%! This should be the case particularly if they have predisposing factors which increase that risk e.g. inner ear malformation, previous incidence of meningitis, recurrent ear infections etc. As Neecy stated, the risks can be reduced significantly by immunization.

If the author of the vlog is concerned about CIs and meninigitis, I think it would be much more positive if he posted a reminder for people getting CIs to keep their immunizations up to date.
He won't because he mentioned radioactive, cancer, tumor in his vlog. He claimed that FDA and CI makers knew those side effects... and once that patients sign the paper and they can't sue after finding out that they get radioactive poisoning from CI eh... LOL...

He's just spreading FUD that's all...

I had CI since Oct 2001 and I am still alive.. CI actually made my work / social life much easier and better.

But CI is not always without complications.. I had infection on initial CI on left ear which was impossible to get rid of for 2 years.. It reached to the point it must be removed and I made a decision to get it removed and re-implant on right ear on same day (with brand new CI of course) in Jan 2004. Ever since, I had no complication and am very pleased with my CI..

"Humans never cease to amaze me .. "
i just have a CI put in a few weeks ago and I recovered quite well. My brain cells were not affected at all ... Yep I got the mennigitis shot before surgery .. As with any surgery, there is a risk factor .. Being Deaf is dangerous in itself.. Get run over by a speeding car an the Deaf person not hear the horn... Or a cop stops you at niight and tells you to stop and raise yer hands and you keep walking up to him flaling yer arms... Cop thinks you are an immeiate threat so you get shot.. Btw.. don't walk up to a cop and don't try to sign..Especially in the dark, just sit or stand still. Less chance getting shot that way... Life is a risk, take chances, and pray you make the right decisions..

I have worked with a lot of students with CIs..none of them died. Some did complain of headaches but we dont know if they were from the CIs or just normal headaches. dunno..

Of course there is always a risk so up to the parents and individual to make that decision.

right...

Meningitis Concerns

and it is known that many of them who got meningitis have gotten CI. *shrug*

We should know that West Nile Virus or amoeba meningitis are far more dangerous than bacterial meningitis.

regarding amoeba meningitis: see References in wikipedia for news...
as well as this google results:
waterborne - Google Search

Rare Brain-Eating Amoeba Sends Murrieta Firefighter to Death

And they are also much rarer. A cobra bite is more dangerous, as well, but it is not something we generally worry about unless we are around cobras.

"Humans never cease to amaze me .. "
i just have a CI put in a few weeks ago and I recovered quite well. My brain cells were not affected at all ... Yep I got the mennigitis shot before surgery .. As with any surgery, there is a risk factor .. Being Deaf is dangerous in itself.. Get run over by a speeding car an the Deaf person not hear the horn... Or a cop stops you at niight and tells you to stop and raise yer hands and you keep walking up to him flaling yer arms... Cop thinks you are an immeiate threat so you get shot.. Btw.. don't walk up to a cop and don't try to sign..Especially in the dark, just sit or stand still. Less chance getting shot that way... Life is a risk, take chances, and pray you make the right decisions..

Good advice to people SouthFella! :)

Back