Closed Captioned shows & Movies at Hulu.com (List)

RonJaxon

Reaction score
I just thought I'd start this thread so we can help each other out. Many of the major TV networks are now broadcasting their TV shows online. Some of them are closed captioned or subtitled. So below I'll share the ones I know of. Please add to the list if you know of more.

hulu.com
This site has closed captioning on some of their shows and movies. If you've never been to this site. If the show is closed captioned you'll click the little CC on the bottom of the player to turn the captions on (optionally, if you're signed in and in your profile change the settings so the CC automatically come on).

Here are the shows that are closed captioned at hulu.com that I've found so far:

TV Episodes
  • House
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • Kitchen Nightmares
  • Bones
  • Are you smarter then a 5th grader
  • Prison Break
  • Hole in the wall
  • Family Guy
  • It's always sunny in Philadelphia
  • Do not disturb
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • 'Til Death
  • Talk show with Spike Feresten

Movies
I've only found one movie that is captioned at hulu.com so far. Although I admit I haven't looked for many yet.
  • Eddie Murphy Raw

Incidentally. Here's a little tip to finding closed captioned shows and movies at that site. While browsing around the "Recently Added" or "Most popular" lists. If you're using firefox go to "edit" then "Find". In the text box type "(cc)". Then when you go to a page on the list click the "Highlight All" in the search. If there are any closed captioned episodes on that page they'll be highlighted in yellow. If there aren't then the "Find search box" will turn red and tell you there are none on that page.

If you find more CC's TV episodes or movies please add them to this list. It'll save some of us some time searching around.

Ron Jaxon

I'd sent an e-mail to support for an updated list of closed-captioned programming at Hulu.com. As of October 2, 2008, the list is, as follows:

'Til Death
30 Days
30 Rock
America's Most Wanted
American Dad!
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
Arrested Development
Back To You
Bones
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burn Notice
Chuck
Cops
Decision House
Dirt
Do Not Disturb
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Eddie Murphy Raw
Family Guy
HD Gallery
Hell's Kitchen
Heroes
Highlander
Hill Street Blues
Hole In The Wall
House
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
K-Ville
King of the Hill
Kitchen Nightmares
Lipstick Jungle
New Amsterdam
Nip/Tuck
Prison Break
Raising Arizona
ReGenesis
Roswell
Sons of Anarchy
Talkshow with Spike Feresten
The All-For-Nots
The Fall Guy
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Moment of Truth
The Office
The Return of Jezebel James
The Simpsons
The White Shadow
Unhitched

The reply came with specific season, episode numbers, and episode title. Send an e-mail to Hulu's support staff and I'm sure they'll supply.

Is this a list of shows you requested CC for or a list of shows that are currently closed captioned. I checked and very few of them are closed captioned outside the ones I already listed. Just making sure I understand what you where saying.

I think it's a step forward that even some of them have CC. But I hope it'll eventually get to the point where most of them are.

Ron Jaxon

When a show that's listed is not captioned, I send an e-mail. They're apologetic. It is hit or miss sometimes. There's plenty to see, though.

Hulu.com should be category lists for captions. see Overstream.com for captioning category and easy to find lists.

Browse Overstreams

Updated Hulu Closed captioned Movies list

I found more movies at hulu.com that are closed captioned. Most of them are old black and white movies though.

Movies
  • Eddie Murphy Raw
  • Raising Arizona
  • Raising Arizona
  • Dunston Checks In
  • Dapone
  • Between Heaven And Hell
  • A blueprint for Murder

Here's a little tip for finding the closed captioned videos at hulu.com

Use your firefox browser and go yo Hulu.com

If you're looking for TV episodes go to one of the pages that list TV episodes. Not the list of shows but list of episodes such as Most Popular Episodes or Recently Added Episodes. Click either of those links for an example. Some of them on the list will have a (cc) in their description. This means that it's a closed captioned show.

Now, at the top right of your firefox browser click "Edit" the "Find".

A bar will appear on the bottom of the screen.

Type in (cc) in the find text box.

Then click "Highlight All".

Now all Closed captioned videos on that list will be highlighted in yellow so they'll be easier to find.

Keep this find bar open as you browse through the pages. If there are any on the page you'll see them highlighted in yellow. If there aren't any on that page the find text box will turn red so you'll know there aren't any on that page and can move to the next page to look for more.

Just thought I'd share that little tip to help save you some time in searching.

Ron Jaxon

Thanks for the Hulu information and the cc list... cool site!

I know a cool hearing friend who calls herself as Hulu (online) who lives in Hawaii.

I recently registered and found some cc shows I like yet I'm disappointed for the Heroes show, no cc on those episodes yet, but they said they are working on it. Hope they will.

I guess Hulu is relatively new so allow them some time to develop more cc shows/movies probably.

Kudos to the Hulu! :D

I got some good news for you web730.

Watch Heroe's with CC :applause:

Just select an episode and when it opens click the little CC icon below the video. (When it turns green the CC is turned on)

Enjoy.

Ron Jaxon

Thanks Ron for the guide. I finally got to watch some obscure movies like 1975's "Capone".

Hulu is really rocking my world :) They only gotta add a lot more CC to the movies and shows they carry.

I also stick to NBC.com for my Knight Rider 2008 fix and ABC.com for Life on Mars. The CC is ready for both there, but I have a hard time getting used to the ABC cc than NBC's subtitles.

Hi! I do know that NBC CC The Office but not My Name is Earl. I think its strange because both of the shows come on the same night. Odd eh?

If you ever find CSI: Vegas CC please let me know :)

Thank you for the information! I am now watching House since I've missed one eppy so far this season.

Hi! I do know that NBC CC The Office but not My Name is Earl. I think its strange because both of the shows come on the same night. Odd eh?

If you ever find CSI: Vegas CC please let me know :)

Thank you for the information! I am now watching House since I've missed one eppy so far this season.

Yeah I have to agree with this. Especially when CSI (LV, Miami and NYC) aint CC'd online. That pisses me off cuz I'm a diehard CSI fan and it galls me not to be able to have my CSI fix with CC online.

This is like CBS in the 1980's when they REFUSED to CC their shows while ABC and NBC were doing it. Now history repeats itself on the internet. Ugh...

However the solace with Hulu is I finally got to watch the Fall Guy 1st season with CC :) I think Hulu will be adding a lot more CC stuff to their playlist.

Yea, the TV networks that broadcast their episodes on line really do have to address the CC issue. Because they are pushing for the CC laws that are in effect for TV to include internet video. In other words once this bill is passed these sites will have to offer CC by law.

Let's hope it doesn't take 25 years like it did for TV. But it's good to know they are addressing the issue and sites like Hulu.com and NBC.com are a step in the right direction.

By the way. There is a way to watch just about any show that you can find on line with CC but it'll take a little work on your part. Go to this discussion to see how.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

So they finally got it working. I Emailed them and they said they where working on issues involving the CC. Good to see some steps being taken.

I notice you can do the same steps with "Most Popular" too and it'll include TV episodes as well.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

I've been enjoying Hulu.com quite a bit. I have *too* much to watch nowadays! There are 42 episodes in my queue there, so I have them arranged so that the one with the earliest expiration date shows up first.

"Lie to Me," "Dollhouse," "ER," "24," "Friday Night Lights," "In Plain Sight" and "Nip/Tuck" are some recent additions of series that are captioned. If you haven't watched "Lie To Me," I recommend that series because it focuses on reading facial expressions and body language----a great subject for people who are deaf or hard of hearing!

Episodes do expire on Hulu.com, so hurry and check out the expiration date of any programs that sound interesting to you!

I am starting to feel like watching series online and I am looking forward to House which support subtitles and Hulu doesn't have complete series.

Back