Clear Medical Face Masks

Would you find clear medical face masks as a benefit to Deaf and Hard of Hearing?

• Yes!

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I don't read lips so this does not apply to me.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I am indifferent.

• None of the above.

• Total voters
plastic clear ack... you gotta think of the environment.... as the clear will be hard to breathe through and too hot as well...

Fun story for y'all - when I was getting wheeled to the OR for my CI after I got to the table, one of the docs tried to talk to me and I'm all "I can't see your lips so I don't know what you're saying. Sorry." Then another doctor comes by... he used a sharpie to draw lips on his mask. I chuckled, he was an alright guy in my book. Infact all of them were pretty awesome :P

Yeah, thats fucking awesome! :)

Made me laugh!

I don't know if clear masks would improve communication, because most clear materials have what is called an index of refraction, meaning the light bends when it passes through. Ever see a straight object halfway in water that looked crooked? That's what refraction is. And I think a clear mask would be very difficult to pull off because of this.

Voted yes. While maybe not perfect, they would certainly be an improvement over what is currently used.

Back