Circuit City to close 155 stores

I second the same about CC, not a good store therefore a good riddance although too bad for those employees being laid off.

BB and Fry's dominate thus destroying CC and CompUSA. Kudos to them!

CC isn't goes bankrupt, unlike CompUSA did.

circuitycity1.jpg

It looks like the Circuit City in Milwaukee will be closing. I'm surprised there won't be any stores closing in the suburbs.

I was also surprised to see that 4 stores will be closing in Phoenix. Obviously that won't be good for their economy.

Although I do not like CC, I feel so sorry for their workers who are affected by the decision that the CC made.

I agree. But I don't like CC too much, but there are any stores don't have affect closing in Minnesota this year when I was checked up on the list
from states.

While living in the Atlanta area, I remember seeing almost-empty parking at Circuit City locations, while the parking are full at Best Buy locations. Circuit City recently opened six new stores in the Atlanta suburbs - now all of the new ones are closed.

It would be very interesting if Fry's Electronics will try to fill in Circuit City's place to compete againist Best Buy and the likes. But it is likely they don't want to take that risk.

I never liked Circuit City at all, we went there and their prices went up. I was like WTF? No-Thanks! I vote Best Buy and Fry's. The Fry's is the BEST! My fiance and I always go to Fry's to get electrionics parts, movies and etc. I recommend to anyone to go to Fry's if they have Fry's in their area or in town. The Fry's has everything but just few from Best Buy. It's easy.

I never liked Circuit City at all, we went there and their prices went up. I was like WTF? No-Thanks! I vote Best Buy and Fry's. The Fry's is the BEST! My fiance and I always go to Fry's to get electrionics parts, movies and etc. I recommend to anyone to go to Fry's if they have Fry's in their area or in town. The Fry's has everything but just few from Best Buy. It's easy.

Fry's is the best. :hmm: Never been to one of them yet.

We don't have one in our area, but we have BB at least.

Fry's is the best. :hmm: Never been to one of them yet.

We don't have one in our area, but we have BB at least.
Well, when and if you return to the Atlanta area, for the DeafNation Expo, maybe you could check one of three (the third one is still planned) in the Atlanta's northern suburbs.

Isn't this the second round of closures for Circuit City? They're closing 22.5% of their stores. Three will be closed in Maryland. They blame "big box" stores like Best Buy. Circuit City should, with financial background, be able to rise to the challenge.

Well, when and if you return to the Atlanta area, for the DeafNation Expo, maybe you could check one of three (the third one is still planned) in the Atlanta's northern suburbs.

Yes, I recalled that Atlanta has them so I would stop by if I happen to spot one on way up there someday if chance.

It depends on what you're there to shop for.

Half of the DVDs that I buy are from Circuit City because they're the cheapest. Sometimes, they include something with the DVDs they sell.

The other half of the time, I buy my DVDs from Best Buy. They also include some special DVDs.

I always do my research before buying my DVDs. I simply look at the weekly ads that they have every Sunday and compare prices. :)

I guess Circuit City is going to become like CompUSA. They will close a bunch of stores and start over with a few remaining stores. :dunno:

Back