CI Seminar

Yes, I was told its a fun ride. Hearing tests, MRI, CAT scans, and all the other good stuff from choosing the products, consultations....endless questions...lol
I was nervouse before, but recently met and got some great insight and firsthand knowledge, so, jumping in with both feet. Goint to shoot for Both at once, but was told thats at the doctors discretion... Im going to push for both as i have nothing to lose (hearing-wise)
Like before, only wearing one hearing aid really threw me off... so I think its best to have both done and work in unisome for equality and balance.

yeah do see if you can get both done in one shot. My surgeon prefers to space them out by 6 months, not sure why. Either way, good luck with all the testing and such!

I think I'd be a great candidate cuz I've heard enough all my life to know what I'm missing; however, at this stage....my age, it is not something I wanna do.

I think I'd be a great candidate cuz I've heard enough all my life to know what I'm missing; however, at this stage....my age, it is not something I wanna do.
Yeah, Ive pondered that myself at 46.... My wife says Im missing out a lot with my son, he talks and I cant hear him, then he gets frustrated, sometimes he wont come talk to me as he tells mom...Dads ears are broke. Then I miss his singing recently... It breaks my heart, and since VR wont give me another set of HA... might as well get a CI since its basically free through insurance, besides HA wont work for me anymore.

Yeah, Ive pondered that myself at 46.... My wife says Im missing out a lot with my son, he talks and I cant hear him, then he gets frustrated, sometimes he wont come talk to me as he tells mom...Dads ears are broke. Then I miss his singing recently... It breaks my heart, and since VR wont give me another set of HA... might as well get a CI since its basically free through insurance, besides HA wont work for me anymore.

But on the down side of it .... MIKE!!! get off your a** and take the trash out!! MIKE!!! I clogged the toilet!!! You'll be able to hear the nagging too ;) :laugh2:

On a serious note, if they do approve 2 I'd get used to sleeping on your back awhile before the surgery ... or sleeping in a chair.

But on the down side of it .... MIKE!!! get off your a** and take the trash out!! MIKE!!! I clogged the toilet!!! You'll be able to hear the nagging too ;) :laugh2:

On a serious note, if they do approve 2 I'd get used to sleeping on your back awhile before the surgery ... or sleeping in a chair.
Naggin wont be an issue ( just take em off , right? LOL)
I was always a tummy sleeper, but I wake up on my back anyways? But since my anterior cervical fusions I have been sleeping on my back comfortably these past few years, guess I just got used to it during the recovery so that really shouldnt be an issue, I hope.

Naggin wont be an issue ( just take em off , right? LOL)
I was always a tummy sleeper, but I wake up on my back anyways? But since my anterior cervical fusions I have been sleeping on my back comfortably these past few years, guess I just got used to it during the recovery so that really shouldnt be an issue, I hope.

Been there done that if you take them off she'll just put her hands on her hips or cross her arms then give you THE look. And if you take them off and her not know when she notices them off and you've just been nodding uh huh or saying yes dear she'll make you sleep on the couch for a week LOL :laugh2:

Hopefully you'll get a good surgeon they vary. JClarkes incision was small compared to the 15 staples I had in the side of my head.

Been there done that if you take them off she'll just put her hands on her hips or cross her arms then give you THE look. And if you take them off and her not know when she notices them off and you've just been nodding uh huh or saying yes dear she'll make you sleep on the couch for a week LOL :laugh2:

Hopefully you'll get a good surgeon they vary. JClarkes incision was small compared to the 15 staples I had in the side of my head.
I already sleep on the couch, its more comfortable...lol

Mike just be sure you're not allergic to anything they use during surgery. My allergic reaction was the worst part of the whole surgery.

Mike just be sure you're not allergic to anything they use during surgery. My allergic reaction was the worst part of the whole surgery.
Ive had alot of surgeries and so far not allergic to anything. Just Insect stings and bites luckily...lol

Just something I came across in another thread/site discussing medel, AB and cochlear.

Medel in my opinion. I base that on the combination of device technical specifications and length of warranty. AB has a great product, but have had a history of defective products and the shortest warranty in the industry.

N6 Wireless Software Release

The announcement of the release of the software update for the N6 was announced today. As previously explained on Cochlear's website: enabling this software for the N6 will simply require a visit to the recipient's audiologist.

No new processor has been or is about to be released. The N6 is barely a year old and has been waiting for this software release since.

I am not the one jumping up and down insulting everyone's intelligence.

This little fight somewhat depends on how you are defining WIFI.

"+'Nucleus 6 System & Features | Compare to Hearing Aids | Cochlear Americas'+"

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...n=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=wifi+definition

N6 Wireless Software Release

The announcement of the release of the software update for the N6 was announced today. As previously explained on Cochlear's website: enabling this software for the N6 will simply require a visit to the recipient's audiologist.

No new processor has been or is about to be released. The N6 is barely a year old and has been waiting for this software release since.

As was already referenced in post #36....

You can discuss any missing info when you meet with your implant audiologist.

May your journey be an awesome one as it has been for me!
Will do, I know some other brands offer more accessories, different features and so... will find out more when we meet as Im sure they will know. Thanks.

To those who thought they knew, read closely. Its not a 2.4/bluetooth and read about the processor.

Back