CI Seminar

The seminar only covered the Cochlear brands (Cochlear and Baha) it is largely volunteers who do the seminar ( who are cochlear patients who wear them and/or their family members, mainly husbands and wives) there is one child there who just started kindergarten who is bi-lateral as well. They share their experiences as well as answer questions about the products. Next month is a "Walk to Hearing" fundraiser so there wont be a meeting for October, but come November the Doctor/surgeon himself will be there at the seminar. I got a wealth of information from this seminar (free) talked to people and got first hand insight and information from start to finish about the process of getting cochlear implanted, activating, learning. Also talked with the spouses about them being supportive, how it changed their lives for the better. One lady has only had hers 2 months and understood everything I said, she relates to me as we have basically the same situation so she was able to explain to me in detail the process, how it really sounds when activated ( can differ from person to person ) its such a positive experience to be up close and personal with so many different people. They come from all areas Mo, Il. Most found this group online by accident and it has been growing ever since, I forgot how many years they have been meeting monthly, but they all say cochlear has been very good about standing behind their products and replacing/repairing them as issues arise. The lady I talked to is also getting her second implant soon. One man talked about an infection he got and took a long time to get it under control, he is going under the knife again to have a new implant installed since the first didn't take due to the infection. They also went over the Bluetooth products and talked about the WiFi N6 that cochlear is bringing out in the next couple months, very similar to the Bluetooth but has more features and claimed to be better, Like I have already heard, they didn't have a lot of details on the WiFi N6 yet as it really hasn't been released (leaked info from and insider) but should be announced shortly by cochlear.

Last edited:
Nope, no more wired loop... seen it all today.

You arent understanding what I'm telling you. Nothing you are sharing is news. I'm fully aware of how this system works and what the various accessories are.

I have yet to see a single Resound HA user or BAHA 4 user, both of which use the exact same system, give any positive feedback on it. Quite simply... it sounds like shit. Again. .... there is a reason Phonak uses a loop system. They are a wireless leader for a reason. Resound is not. All Cochlear is doing is licensing this system from Resound.

They also went over the Bluetooth products and talked about the WiFi N6 that cochlear is bringing out in the next couple months, very similar to the Bluetooth but has more features and claimed to be better, Like I have already heard, they didn't have a lot of details on the WiFi N6 yet as it really hasn't been released (leaked info from and insider) but should be announced shortly.

*SMH*

You been corrected by more than one person and still persist with this nonsense. This is a good example of why this forum is a terrible place for anyone trying to find factual CI information. I know I sound like an asshole to you, but you need to see how you sound to anyone who knows about these things.

One more time: There is no secret Wifi N6 coming out. If there is a revised N6 coming out due to Cochlear's inability to get the 2.4 Ghz system to work at an acceptable level for their users, it sure as f**k isn't a Wifi processor. Christ, just typing out Wifi and processor together I feel brain cells crashing.

You arent understanding what I'm telling you. Nothing you are sharing is news. I'm fully aware of how this system works and what the various accessories are.

I have yet to see a single Resound HA user or BAHA 4 user, both of which use the exact same system, give any positive feedback on it. Quite simply... it sounds like shit. Again. .... there is a reason Phonak uses a loop system. They are a wireless leader for a reason. Resound is not. All Cochlear is doing is licensing this system from Resound.

Then you must be GOD and Know everything, congratulations !
Guess you were there and heard/seen it all first hand right? You are fully aware of exactly what since you supposedly know what this new product is already? Prove it. Because you don't know shit from shinola.

Oh but you are.....

BP, let put it this way.
I kind of hate putting shit on here and letting others know of new, improved products and updates because of asshats like you who does nothing but instill negativities upon everything including shit you don't even know about. That is why I don't really rely too much on what most say here and I rely on a more in depth site of those who already have the CI ( the site doesn't allow hearies at all ) I was refered and joined from a few deaf friends and I have gotten more positive feedback on the various products and the pro/cons which has In turn made me more comfortable about getting a CI. Yes, those here who gave some insight were great ( those who have them) and those who don't, its just what they have heard/read...where the others are all 100% experiences.
So do you have a CI or are you just blowing smoke out of your ass BP?
If you are just blowing smoke out of your ass, go blow it somewhere else and feed your bullshit to yourself, please don't go discouraging others like the ass you are.

you may be correct on the older models, but you have no clue what is coming. Its not a secret, it just hasn't been advertised yet since it shows you don't have any information from an inside source ( Ive actually met the one who is testing it ) just wait.

BP, let put it this way.
I kind of hate putting shit on here and letting others know of new, improved products and updates because of asshats like you who does nothing but instill negativities upon everything including shit you don't even know about. That is why I don't really rely too much on what most say here and I rely on a more in depth site of those who already have the CI ( the site doesn't allow hearies at all ) I was refered and joined from a few deaf friends and I have gotten more positive feedback on the various products and the pro/cons which has In turn made me more comfortable about getting a CI. Yes, those here who gave some insight were great ( those who have them) and those who don't, its just what they have heard/read...where the others are all 100% experiences.
So do you have a CI or are you just blowing smoke out of your ass BP?
If you are just blowing smoke out of your ass, go blow it somewhere else and feed your bullshit to yourself, please don't go discouraging others like the ass you are.

I have a CI.

I know all about all 3 major brands of CIs, their accessories, strategies, and how they work. I am someone that can educate you on every aspect of the topic and know exactly what I'm talking about.

So you need to understand you are being corrected with the facts, not fed bullshit. You are very mistaken with the notion of "shit you don't even know about."

Now I understand it is likely that you are not totally understanding what I am saying. If you are looking into a CI for yourself, that is awesome. I am not saying that a CI sounds like shit. I am saying that the wireless system that Resound uses that is being licensed by Cochlear for use in their CI and BAHA systems that is meant for streaming media using a combination of Bluetooth and 2.4 Ghz has been reported as sounding like shit by both the HA users and the BAHA system users. They've reported that the telephone call streaming side of it is ok, but that if you want to stream music or media, to expect low quality audio. So if you are seriously considering Cochlear over AB or Med El, strongly consider choosing the N6 with a Direct Audio Input port over counting on that wireless capability as a do-it-all option. This comes from someone who seriously values sound quality and would not wish poor quality audio on anyone. You can take this as sound advice or dismiss me as someone who doesn't know what he's talking about, but I'm immersed in this stuff... not just someone who dabbles and pokes around here and there.

I'm thrilled for you to start your CI journey. You just need to stop calling the N6 a Wifi processor or stating that there is a secret N6 with Wifi on the way. As I told you, the wireless capability of the N6 is already built-in to it. All it needs to make it functional is a software update that will be done with a visit to the user's audiologist.

Wifi N6 = Wifi Razor, Wifi Hair Dryer, Wifi Curling Iron, Wifi Electric Toothbrush. Just ri-godamndiculous with no real usable purpose.

There are Wifi Printers, Wifi TVs, Wifi Refrigators, Wifi Door Locks, and Wifi lamps because they have actual use that gives you control of these things when you are not home or to be able to access them when you are home and use them. There is absolutely no logic behind a Wifi N6 until the day comes that the FDA (for the U.S.) allows remote programming by audiologists, which is not likely soon or for in-home media streaming to the CI. That's just it though.... wireless streaming is already built in to the CI that doesn't require you be connected to a wireless router that confines you to being within that router's range.

you have no clue what is coming. Its not a secret,

Wrong. I have every clue about what's coming. I've known about it since before the N6 was even released. Again, you would do well to listen to what I'm telling you and correct your "facts."

Then you must be GOD and Know everything, congratulations !
Guess you were there and heard/seen it all first hand right? You are fully aware of exactly what since you supposedly know what this new product is already? Prove it. Because you don't know shit from shinola.

Oh but you are.....

Resound System

BAHA 4 System

The above two pages show you the exact accessories that will be used with the N6 2.4 Ghz wireless system.

The page below mentions the feature already in the N6 just as I explained it to you, no page from Cochlear exists advertising the feature and the accessories as is standard until it is officially released.

N6 System

Photos have been captured at various locations, such as at the last HLAA Convention in Austin, TX, where the accessories that will be used with the N6, the exact same ones pictured under BAHA 4 and Resound, have been shown.

Wrong. I have every clue about what's coming. I've known about it since before the N6 was even released. Again, you would do well to listen to what I'm telling you and correct your "facts."

So since you have Advanced Bionics, are you trying to sway him over to your company?

Why so worked up about how poorly a competitor's product may work?

It's not about God. It's about getting your facts straight. Research your information and make sure you know what you are talking about. Despite being corrected.. you've kept on with your Wifi N6 posts. This would easily be corrected if you'd use Google as it is meant to be used.

So since you have Advanced Bionics, are you trying to sway him over to your company?

Why so worked up about how poorly a competitors product may work?

Grow up, Bottesini. Did you not see where I suggested going with the DAI version of the N6? That is exactly what I would tell any existing Cochlear user to do. This isn't about swaying anybody as it is snuffing out ignorance before it spreads. There is no Wifi N6.

It's not about God. It's about getting your facts straight. Research your information and make sure you know what you are talking about. Despite being corrected.. you've kept on with your Wifi N6 posts. This would easily be corrected if you'd use Google as it is meant to be used.

it wont be on google yet you idiot, it hasn't been made public yet, get your facts straight. I only know and a handful of people as the one person is a tester for the product, as I was told to wait 2 months to get the new one. Although go ahead and start the process as it takes about 2 months to get to that point anyways. So, unless you were present, you have nothing to go on, my facts are firsthand yours are what?

And not everyone "copies" others products and follow suit, some are inventors as well. sheep.

Grow up, Bottesini. Did you not see where I suggested going with the DAI version of the N6? That is exactly what I would tell any existing Cochlear user to do. This isn't about swaying anybody as it is snuffing out ignorance before it spreads. There is no Wifi N6.

that you know of...right.

I am not the one jumping up and down insulting everyone's intelligence.

This little fight somewhat depends on how you are defining WIFI.
It’s A Whole New Wireless World. And You’ll Be Ready.

Just being able to use the phone like everyone else is life-changing. That’s why our Nucleus® 6 Sound Processor comes with a telecoil so you can talk on the phone without plugging anything else in. But that’s just the beginning. The Nucleus 6 Sound Processor has a chip that’s 5 times more powerful than our previous sound processors. And soon, you’re going to be able to put all that processing power to good use.

With a simple software upgrade that’s under development*, your Nucleus 6 Sound Processor will directly connect to an incredibly wide range of 2.4GHz wireless devices . You’ll use Bluetooth-enabled music players and some hearing aids without any wires, ear buds or additional accessories hanging around your neck. The audio signals from your TV, stereo and GPS will broadcast right to your sound processor, just like it was an extra speaker. Whatever wireless wizardry they come up with, you’ll probably be able to connect to it.

*Pending FDA approval for the Nucleus 6 Sound Processor.
"+'Nucleus 6 System & Features | Compare to Hearing Aids | Cochlear Americas'+"

Wi-Fi
ˈwī fī/
nountrademark
noun: WiFi
a facility allowing computers, smartphones, or other devices to connect to the Internet or communicate with one another wirelessly within a particular area.
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...n=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=wifi+definition

I am not the one jumping up and down insulting everyone's intelligence.

This little fight somewhat depends on how you are defining WIFI.

"+'Nucleus 6 System & Features | Compare to Hearing Aids | Cochlear Americas'+"

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...n=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=wifi+definition

If I insulted anyone's intelligence, it was just one person.. after trying to be nice and informative about it. Let's not exaggerate and twist all based on your pre-conceived notions about me.

This "little fight" is also about the repeated contention that a new Wifi (however you define it, but the rest of the world does not run around calling electronics with Wifi connectivity "Wifi-this" or "Wifi-that.") N6 is about to be released where there is no new processor about to be released.

With that, I am done with this thread as it is obvious the mis-informer is going to keep at it and be completely unaware of his ignorance. No helping that. Hopefully there is enough information here to get anyone else reading this that is otherwise unaware to be sure to get things straight. Good day.

If I insulted anyone's intelligence, it was just one person.. after trying to be nice and informative about it. Let's not exaggerate and twist all based on your pre-conceived notions about me.

This "little fight" is also about the repeated contention that a new Wifi (however you define it, but the rest of the world does not run around calling electronics with Wifi connectivity "Wifi-this" or "Wifi-that.") N6 is about to be released where there is no new processor about to be released.

With that, I am done with this thread as it is obvious the mis-informer is going to keep at it and be completely unaware of his ignorance. No helping that. Hopefully there is enough information here to get anyone else reading this that is otherwise unaware to be sure to get things straight. Good day.

Oh look, a squirrel.

Back