Ci removal

Good luck with everything, Shoshana. We support you in whatever decision you make.

Thank You AlleyCat <3 It means a lot to know I have support and friends even know Ive only been here a short time! Its hard for other people (hearing) to understand all this stuff

I was 14 (almost 15)

I was thinking you were about that age. In that case, the possible side effects were probably explained more to your parents, because they are the ones that had to give consent for the surgery.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Sorry to hear that the neurologist was useless. That was my experience, too, even wihout the CI issue. I have ataxia (a/k/a falling over, running into things, and almost knocking myself out with a car door). It's very frustrating.
I hope that you get removal soon. Then, you can focus on dealing with these issues. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Hugs, if you'd like them.

I wish you luck in getting explanted. I am surprised your mother is supportive of this.

I was thinking you were about that age. In that case, the possible side effects were probably explained more to your parents, because they are the ones that had to give consent for the surgery.

true, My dad was not really in the picture this time and I dont think my mom would remember this information.

Sorry to hear that the neurologist was useless. That was my experience, too, even wihout the CI issue. I have ataxia (a/k/a falling over, running into things, and almost knocking myself out with a car door). It's very frustrating.
I hope that you get removal soon. Then, you can focus on dealing with these issues. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Hugs, if you'd like them.

Thank you! I need to look into another CI dr. and see what they say if they will and if they think will help me

:hug:

true, My dad was not really in the picture this time and I dont think my mom would remember this information.

My daughter's CI surgery was 4 years ago, and I remember pretty much every word of the hospital side effects/risks/permissions. Although I can say the same for the documentation we have for when she had to get several fillings drilled in those little baby teeth last year, and I agonize a bit over any medication I provide because those risks are daunting. But that's what parents do. But when you have surgery, it's not just your everyday small print or otherwise inconsequential information when it comes to your children, and for most parents of deaf kids with CIs I know, that decision was pretty momentous. I suspect your mom remembers that decision pretty well. PM'd you, Shoshana :) Sending good thoughts.

It doesn't matter what the forms said if one can prove negligence. Collection is a different issue.
The easiest cause of action is based the manufacturer's failure to warn. No collection problems either.

Last edited:
I hope you are able to find a CI surgeon that will work with you on figuring out what is causing your problems and is willing to remove the implant. If one is not doing well with the implant, and is having problems after implantation, then it's not worth it to keep the implant if it's just causing problems.

before Implant I saw two diffrent Doctor for oppinion...is that what you mean?

I recently saw an ENT who was also no help--he was a student of my implant DR...go figure!
student of your doctor? oh my goodness.... :roll:

well - you'll need to see another doctor who is NOT associated with your current doctor in any matter so that there's no conflict of interest. Do not see any another doctors that's referred by your doctor. By any chance, if you see a doctor and he's asking you who your surgeon was for implanting your CI... do not mention a name. You are not required to answer that question.

So I spoke to my Mom (who would be most supportive) and she told me I was the one who wanted the implant! Wow, I dont remember this...but then again I dont remember much and was struggling to fit in. Either way, She is coming back down to Florida and is going to help me look for another CI doctor to goto with possibility to have it taken out. I would be curious to see what they have to say and would love to not have to deal with all this other stuff anymore!
perfect. I hope your mom is able to find a reputable CI doctor who is not associated with your current doctor but it might be very hard to find somebody like that since it's a "small medical community" in same state. I'm pretty sure there is a handful of surgeons who implant CI know each other in Florida. But I'll hope for a doctor who will be very attentive to your case only and nobody else.

student of your doctor? oh my goodness.... :roll:

well - you'll need to see another doctor who is NOT associated with your current doctor in any matter so that there's no conflict of interest. Do not see any another doctors that's referred by your doctor. By any chance, if you see a doctor and he's asking you who your surgeon was for implanting your CI... do not mention a name. You are not required to answer that question.

perfect. I hope your mom is able to find a reputable CI doctor who is not associated with your current doctor but it might be very hard to find somebody like that since it's a "small medical community" in same state. I'm pretty sure there is a handful of surgeons who implant CI know each other in Florida. But I'll hope for a doctor who will be very attentive to your case only and nobody else.

yea, it might be hard because my surgeon is/was "world renowned" and "
Dr. ******* is considered by fellow physicians to be one of the most skilled in his field and most qualified for reviewing complex medical conditions." (I pulled that from his information faculty profile). Maybe it would be best not to tell another dr. who implanted me...but is there any reason they MUST know?

Thank you! I need to look into another CI dr. and see what they say if they will and if they think will help me

:hug:

If that one doesn't help you, keep looking until you find one that will. Sometimes it takes weeding through several before you get the doctor you need.

yea, it might be hard because my surgeon is/was "world renowned" and "
Dr. ******* is considered by fellow physicians to be one of the most skilled in his field and most qualified for reviewing complex medical conditions." (I pulled that from his information faculty profile). Maybe it would be best not to tell another dr. who implanted me...but is there any reason they MUST know?

They will probably want to review your medical records that have anything to do with your implantation. That is for your well being, though.

Keep in mind, too, that just because his faculty profile says it doesn't mean it is 100% true. Those profiles are designed to reflect positively on both the individual and the institution.

They will probably want to review your medical records that have anything to do with your implantation. That is for your well being, though.

Keep in mind, too, that just because his faculty profile says it doesn't mean it is 100% true. Those profiles are designed to reflect positively on both the individual and the institution.

True, but I have NEVER heard or read one bad or negative thing about him...

True, but I have NEVER heard or read one bad or negative thing about him...

But you aren't privy to the conversations that go on in the doctor's lounge.;) Not saying that there is anything negative being said about him, but what colleagues think of one is more honestly expressed to another colleague.

I already remove my implant CI I am lucky whoot safe I think so 2 year ago !I was headache often ad member knew me!

I know experience lots really strong seems fight to doctor because I am tough that is not easy I can help you we are resolve support!

OP!

I know experience lots really strong seems fight to doctor because I am tough that is not easy I can help you we are resolve support!

OP!

THANK YOU!! Did you have more symptoms than headache? I think its more common to have it taken out than people think, no?

Back