CI question

Yes I can hear birds. You could ask to get worse ear implanted.
My favorite bird sound so far is duck because its so funny sounding and makes me laugh hearing it.
Worst bird sound so far is crow and seagull (they're tied lol)

Hear again- I like sound of motorcycle lol it sound much richer and cooler with ci than ha lol

Hate sound list
- aquarium being low on water (filters loud! Drown out tv lol)
- AC
- guitar disortion in heavy metal/rock music
- people talking so loud that I wonder if they're unknownly hard of hearing lol
- music being too loud
- tv being unnecessary loud (movie's exception cuz of sound effect and vibration lol)
- some of car engine especially mine ew! Hate high pitch whining engine.
- dog barking loudly

Love sound list
- cat purring
- cricket
- duck quacking
- cat meowing
- smallness of little kids voice
- dog whimpering/soft growling
- super soft pretty music playing
- many more I can't think right now

hate sound list...

birds that makes awful sounds
plastic bags
static
the sound cat make if u try to put them in a bath.
drilling sounds in dentist *shudders*

love sound list

most animals sounds
most music except for heavy metal... for some reason i cannot "understand" that music.
motorcycles
powpow music
baby giggle/talking (cooing)
male voices.

theres a lot more but those are my top liked sounds.

Hate sounds-

Paper rustling
Dishwasher/wash machine, why do they take hours to clean and make so much noise!
Echoy places
Crows Cawwing...

Fav sounds

Cat meow (i tease her with her food so i can hear her meow!)
Boris's tags jingling! I know where he is when walking out in the dark!

I do take the sounds for granted! I am so pleased that i have sounds in my life so is grateful for any sound.

hate sound list...

birds that makes awful sounds
plastic bags
static
the sound cat make if u try to put them in a bath.
drilling sounds in dentist *shudders*

love sound list

most animals sounds
most music except for heavy metal... for some reason i cannot "understand" that music.
motorcycles
powpow music
baby giggle/talking (cooing)
male voices.

theres a lot more but those are my top liked sounds.

i also can't stand the sound of heavy metal music even though i used to listen to it as a teen.

what is powpow music? i've never heard of that before.

i also can't stand the sound of heavy metal music even though i used to listen to it as a teen.

what is powpow music? i've never heard of that before.

native american music... they are most beautiful music i ever heard to be honest heres a link u can check out

NativeRadio Stream 7 Radio

also go to youtube and type powwow dance or just powwow or even powwow drummers... its awesome.

ofc that is in my opinion :) you can see for yourself and decide if u like it or not.

There are several sounds I cannot stand, such as the sound of someone coughing. That sound is harsh on my brain. (I said brain because with CI's you hear with your brain, or it feels like you hear with your brains than ears, anyway). I can't stand the sound of the toilet flushing...that sound is overwhelming. Oh, and the phone. It goes riiiiiing.....riiiiiing.....riiiiing. It irritates and overwhelms my brain, to the point where I have turned the telephone's ringer off. I don't use the telephone, it is my fiance's. He keeps it here so that he can call his grandfather to come pick him up when he spends the night here (My fiance is severe-profound deaf, but can speak on the phone with his hearing aids on, with relatives and family only (familiar voices only). Hmmm, what other sounds? Oh, I do not like the sound of cars and other vehicles at all, they are simply too overwhelming for my poor brain. I sometimes do not like the sounds of some people's voices sometimes. Sometimes they sound harsh to me.

But I like most other sounds, though. :)

lucia,

i agree with you about all of the sounds you mentioned. i also hate them -- especially people's voices that are of a certain pitch.

three other sounds i can't stand is someone sniffling, blowing their nose or sneezing. ewww.

native american music... they are most beautiful music i ever heard to be honest heres a link u can check out

NativeRadio Stream 7 Radio

also go to youtube and type powwow dance or just powwow or even powwow drummers... its awesome.

ofc that is in my opinion :) you can see for yourself and decide if u like it or not.

i'm going to check out the link you shared later today. thanks! :)

Back