CI Implant and Motorcycle riding

Guess this does answer some of my questions.. but not all. currently use a half helmet with my CI and it does fine and no you wont lose the processor riding. The half helmet fits over the coil and keeps it snug and i use a snug fit on the processor itself so it wont go anywhere and its never shifted while riding so i dont think anyone could lose it with the proper precautions. Thing is im thinking about going to a full face helmet and dont think id be able to use it with those since the helmet would push the coil and processor off while putting it on. And was also wondering if anyone rides with in the ear hearing aids? i still have one for my right ear but never use it but would give me just a little more sound without my CI maybe.

Kaelei, what type of helmet did you use while riding with your CI??:hmm:

If I could ride a Harley, I really don't mind if I'm gonna wear a WW2 German helmet with my CI on, they look badass on the motorcycle. :P

I don't see how a CI would interfere with your biking... unless you're talking about how your helmet may make it hard to wear.

As for CI sounding much better than HA, it depends on your hearing loss. The more loss you have, the better CI sounds because HA cannot provide hearing all across the frequencies. That's why it's approved for severe to profound deafness, not moderate or mild loss.

I don't see how a CI would interfere with your biking... unless you're talking about how your helmet may make it hard to wear.

As for CI sounding much better than HA, it depends on your hearing loss. The more loss you have, the better CI sounds because HA cannot provide hearing all across the frequencies. That's why it's approved for severe to profound deafness, not moderate or mild loss.

Exactly. The CI doesnt interfere with anything using my half helmet but dont think id be able to use it with a full face helmet and id start using my right ear HA when i couldnt use the CI just to get a tad more sound.

I would still be afraid to wear it with a half helmet. I mean that thing don't even stay on when I lay back... Even the coil come apart now and then. I feel more comfortable with a full helmet. The good news is there is no feedback so you can actually wear it covered up.

I wear half helmet when I ski, the CI never falls off even when I take tumble. I also wear helmet for riding horses I never experienced any discomfort or it falling off. Hey ho with CI there is no feed back which I have problem with HA.

Sometimes a stronger magnet is needed due to when the helmet is put on as when the coil slides down and it's hard to put it back on.... I have lots of hair so it may be the cause. It's just a suggestion to help others. In my ski and riding helmet bag there is spare coil with different magnet strength only for when I need it.

Hi all I am writing a paper and got the opposing side of CI anything negitive to say about them ? or know anyone that does that would like to have a say in my paper ?

Thanks

Back