ci brand

Boult said:
I didn't choose because of looks. I choose because of technology inside the processor.

A very good point that needs to be repeated.

Expanding on this, somebody mentioned that they wanted a particular CI because of it looks. Don't pick any HA or CI just because of it looks. That is never the reason to get it. You need to examine all aspects of it, think about it, see what the specs are, check the reputation, check the quality factors, upgrade possibilities and on it goes. Find what is best for you as you have to live with it.

Well said Boult! I think that all makes/brands of CI's should be investigated and the type that fits best for a person be picked, regardless what others use, or what "looks best" - go with what WORKS best!!!!

My wife and I chose the Freedom for our son because of the new softtip technology. It has less chance of damaging the cochela with the softtip and the device is as flat as can be so it wont show any bulge (if any) through the skin.

Superfroggy said:
I have the Nucleus 3G too.. Almost 4 years (got my implant in 2002)

At the time that I received my CI, the Nucleus 3G (N24 Contour) was the newest, latest CI technology offered by Cochlear. Now I am hearing wonderful stuff about the Freedom, which I would like to get. Currently Nucleus is working on developing an adapted Freedom processor for those of us who internally have the N24 3G models... yay! Hope they will come out with them soon. I know it will be costly but hopefully my insurance will help pay for it- or if not, hopefully I can "trade in" my current 3G processor towards credit for it.

:cheers:
hello , I have CI , just got it april24 th , i got freedom too, just sound and noise but at the dr office , who hook me up with CI and, she said six month to 2 years , I cant wait to pick up a word anything , I am glad to have CI now. how long you had CI and how long before ou hearing a word ?

Cassbugs said:
is bodyworn as good as the one you got?? :dunno:
jeez I got to figure out how in the world Im going to get it first before I make my choice.... :pissed:

The body worm and the BTE works just the same except the body worm takes bigger batteries and lasts longer from what I understand.

Cochlear implant is something that shouldn't be rushed through so please take your time.

Back