ci brand

Fo'Shizzle

Reaction score
I know I've posted a quite few on here, but this is important to me to make sure what brand CI should I used... Also would like to know what brand everyone used if they don't mine at all...

:)

I have Nucleus 3G - wish I have Freedom! It came out after I got Nucleus 3G but I love mine anyway! Just that I wish it is waterproof like Freedom.

Gemtun said:
I have Nucleus 3G - wish I have Freedom! It came out after I got Nucleus 3G but I love mine anyway! Just that I wish it is waterproof like Freedom.

Ci isn't waterproof? How come?
Why should have techogly improve and better way ci can resisit the water.. anything you can swimming and shower or bath wha..ever..
Wha.. about Raining.. and side effect electro ci ?
*curiouis*

I have the Freedom.

GalaxyAngel said:
Ci isn't waterproof? How come?
Why should have techogly improve and better way ci can resisit the water.. anything you can swimming and shower or bath wha..ever..
Wha.. about Raining.. and side effect electro ci ?
*curiouis*

Cassbugs said:
I didn't even know that freedom was waterproof honesty!!

The Freedom isn't waterproof. It is water resistant. Big difference. You can't take a shower or jump into a body of water (pool, lake, ocean, etc.). In that case, you just take it off and do your thing.

On the other hand, it is water resistant and it will handle a light rain shower, accident splash of water like a water gun or hose (if light), sweat (if you live in hot climes like me) to name a few.

To answer GA, the reason that a CI is not waterproof is that it is a electronic device with microphones. If water gets there, then the device shorts just like your computer if you put in the bathtub (just remember to stay away from the water if it still plugged in to the electrical socket) :D The future is looking at totally implantable CIs and that is when water won't matter as much.

CI Brand for Deaf Adults....

Hi ! This is good place to talk about which brand because I've research these things.

My friend who (has CI) said that Deaf Adults and doesn't wear HA most of their lives should get AB (Advance Bioncis). He also said that who lose hearing or Deaf are better at oraling or has little better hear from HA from their lives should get freedom or Nucleus 3G or whatever in Cochlear Company.

So my point is that which you should strongly feel that I should take those brands?

HippieSnow05 said:
Hi ! This is good place to talk about which brand because I've research these things.

My friend who (has CI) said that Deaf Adults and doesn't wear HA most of their lives should get AB (Advance Bioncis). He also said that who lose hearing or Deaf are better at oraling or has little better hear from HA from their lives should get freedom or Nucleus 3G or whatever in Cochlear Company.

So my point is that which you should strongly feel that I should take those brands?

Never heard that before. You should do your research before accepting that statement.

It is my understanding that either one plus Med-El are good devices. You just have to decide which you want to go with. It is really a personal thing and any of us with a CI can only recommend the one they are wearing :D

Talk to your audie and they will be able to best address your needs and find the perfect CI for you. I have a Freedom.

I don't want it but just get regular HA soon.

sr171soars said:
Never heard that before. You should do your research before accepting that statement.

It is my understanding that either one plus Med-El are good devices. You just have to decide which you want to go with. It is really a personal thing and any of us with a CI can only recommend the one they are wearing :D

Yes. Advance Bionic is the most wide-known company usually competites with cochlear company. It is usually good for who are profounded deaf adults with little known of sound and it works on them.

Of course, only the best answer we can get is from an audiologist/surgeon.

Damn... ignore my first post. I can't edit it. :(

Well, I'm change my mind about want get new Freedom but who would pays it? :dunno:

TrippLA said:
Damn... ignore my first post. I can't edit it. :(

Well, I'm change my mind about want get new Freedom but who would pays it? :dunno:

Trippla- WOW ... that's quite a turnaround! What I would suggest (I did answer your other post) is talk to your audie and see if you can try out the compatible BTE processor (if they are already available) and see how that works with your current implant. As to who pays for it - again, talk to your audie. I'm not sure how that works in the US. Good luck and keep us posted!

neecy said:
Trippla- WOW ... that's quite a turnaround! What I would suggest (I did answer your other post) is talk to your audie and see if you can try out the compatible BTE processor (if they are already available) and see how that works with your current implant. As to who pays for it - again, talk to your audie. I'm not sure how that works in the US. Good luck and keep us posted!

New CI make looks hotter and nicer than regular HA.

i have the freedom.

i believe its depend on ur personally.. i choosed the freedom cuz of the looks.

dolphinmom said:
I have 3G processor for almost 3 years. I am new to this forum.

I have the Nucleus 3G too.. Almost 4 years (got my implant in 2002)

At the time that I received my CI, the Nucleus 3G (N24 Contour) was the newest, latest CI technology offered by Cochlear. Now I am hearing wonderful stuff about the Freedom, which I would like to get. Currently Nucleus is working on developing an adapted Freedom processor for those of us who internally have the N24 3G models... yay! Hope they will come out with them soon. I know it will be costly but hopefully my insurance will help pay for it- or if not, hopefully I can "trade in" my current 3G processor towards credit for it.

:cheers:

Back