CI and hay fever/allergies

I'm sorry about the loss of your mum, dreama. <hugs> I don't know if I ever told you this, but my mother also died of cancer. She had pancreatic cancer and lived for 7 months following her diagnosis. She refused chemo because she felt that when it was her time to go, G*d would take her home.

Thanks. My mum lasted 4 years after the onset of cancer. She had chemo and also an operation to remove tumour but it kept growing back.

If I had cancer I would also refuse Chemo. The way mum discribed it made it seem really undignified. She had cancer of the womb.

Thanks. My mum lasted 4 years after the onset of cancer. She had chemo and also an operation to remove tumour but it kept growing back.

If I had cancer I would also refuse Chemo. The way mum discribed it made it seem really undignified. She had cancer of the womb.

If you don't mind my asking, did your mum have vomiting and/or loss of appetite as a result of the chemo? I don't think my mother was worried about the symptoms she'd have -- she just wanted to wait until it was her time to go. In a way, I'm glad my mother refused chemo. I've heard about cancer patients who went through chemo and their experiences were anything but positive -- especially if they were already at Stage 4 like my mother was. I competely agree with you about chemo being undignified.

Yeah chemo isn't dignified..but when you have a family and kids to battle for..it's a way to battle...

One of my uncles has brain cancer has got the tumour removed he still isn't very well ...but it's been 2 years since the operation...so I know what you mean.

One family friend did not go to the doctor when she started having probls, thought it was her old age..she died of womb cancer...sadly!

Back