Christian girls beheaded

And this isn't ALL muslims.....it's just EXTREME Muslims who are perpetrating this violence! Sort of like the extreme Christians who are in the extreme anti-choice camp, and who believe that it's better to kill the doctors who perform abortions, rather then work for social change(eg coverage of birth control, over the counter morning after pill, and more social help) so that women won't ever HAVE to choose abortion.

CyberRed said:
Yeah, I can totally understand. Speakin' of conclusions - I haven't made the decision if they really DID it. All I am sayin' that I am AWARE of Muslims killin' Christians -- not to be specific in depth. :)

Awesome. We're now on the same page.

deafdyke said:
And this isn't ALL muslims.....it's just EXTREME Muslims who are perpetrating this violence! Sort of like the extreme Christians who are in the extreme anti-choice camp, and who believe that it's better to kill the doctors who perform abortions, rather then work for social change(eg coverage of birth control, over the counter morning after pill, and more social help) so that women won't ever HAVE to choose abortion.

most pro-lifers are also against the use of birth control if your catholic it is a mortol sin to use a condom because it's preventing gods work or something like that.

Kateweb said:
most pro-lifers are also against the use of birth control if your catholic it is a mortol sin to use a condom because it's preventing gods work or something like that.

I'm not sure that all Catholics in the U.S. actually obey that teaching. That may be true of some developing countries, though. Don't know about Protestants, but I have not heard of any restrictions against birth control.

I am sorry for the loss of the girls, violence crimes sucks. Have you notice that we have American citizens who are Muslims? Not all Muslims folks are bad or horrible people that are out to get other religions. I've seen a lot of Muslims citizens here in my city and they are very nice folks. Just because you "heard" that muslims is out to kill other Christians, that doesn't mean it's the fact. People believe such nonsense because they are ignorant of the facts. You should make an effort to get to know Muslims, not making judgment calls.

Just my two cents. ;)

Cheri said:
I am sorry for the loss of the girls, violence crimes sucks. Have you notice that we have American citizens who are Muslims? Not all Muslims folks are bad or horrible people that are out to get other religions. I've seen a lot of Muslims citizens here in my city and they are very nice folks. Just because you "heard" that muslims is out to kill other Christians, that doesn't mean it's the fact. People believe such nonsense because they are ignorant of the facts. You should make an effort to get to know Muslims, not making judgment calls.

Just my two cents. ;)

I know for a fact that not all Muslims are bad my best freinds feince' is muslims and he is a sweetheart. :ily: i love him he's just a sweetie pie

Update:

Men held over Sulawesi beheadings
Four men have been arrested in connection with the beheadings of three schoolgirls in Indonesia last month.
The Indonesian military said the men, who have not been identified, were being held for questioning.

The teenagers were attacked on their way to their Christian school near the city of Poso, in the eastern province of Sulawesi, on 29 October.

Jakarta said recent attacks on the island were an attempt to foment religious hostility.

'Masked attackers'

A girl who survived the attack reportedly told police there were six machete-wielding attackers, dressed in black and wearing masks.

About 400 police and 600 troops were ordered into the area following the incident amid fears that the killings would reignite religious unrest.

Sulawesi province has a long history of violence between Muslim and Christians.

More than 1,000 people were killed in religious clashes in the province between 2000 and 2001.

In the latest incident, gunmen shot and critically wounded two schoolgirls in Poso, on Tuesday.

"The perpetrators are believed to aim at provoking the religious emotions of the people in Poso so that unrest erupts," said Andi Mallarangeng, a spokesman for Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4421924.stm

Published: 2005/11/09 16:01:52 GMT
© BBC MMV

Background info:

Gunmen attack Indonesian church
A priest has been killed and four others wounded during an attack inside a Christian church in Indonesia.

Police said gunmen entered the Effata church in Palu, in Central Sulawesi province, on Sunday evening.

The female priest, 29-year old Reverend Susianti Tinulele, died at the scene after preaching a sermon. One of the wounded is in a critical condition.

At least 1,000 people have been killed in Muslim-Christian unrest in the province over the past five years.

The shooting happened near the town of Poso, which has seen some of the worst religious violence in recent years.

Tinulele had just finished speaking when the gunmen attacked the church, according to worshipper Rudi Pesik.
"The gunmen sprayed bullets around the church. Everyone panicked," he told the Associated Press news agency.

"I dropped to the floor and prayed that my wife and I wouldn't be hit," he said.

It is so far unclear who was behind the attack but police spokesman Victor Batara said the gunmen "clearly want to disturb security as it has been relatively safe recently".

The national police chief, D'ai Bachtiar, flew to Palu earlier on Monday to oversee an investigation into the attack, according to local police sources.

In Jakarta, Chief Security Minister Hari Subarno said the incident was designed "to create a horizontal conflict" - conflict between different sectors of society.

Ongoing violence

This is the fifth attack on Christians in Central Sulawesi this year - including an attack in April which injured seven people in a church near Poso.

The violence between Christians and Muslims began in 1998, with some analysts claiming it was caused by fighting in the neighbouring Moluccan islands spilling over into Sulawesi.

Others say it was a consequence of the influx of Muslim migrants from Java in a controversial transmigration programme.

A report in February by the International Crisis Group said some members of the militant group Jemaah Islamiah (JI), which has been blamed for the 2002 Bali bombing, were also pursuing their goal of establishing an Indonesian Islamic state in Indonesia.

About 85% of Indonesians are Muslims - but in some eastern parts, such as Poso and Palu, Christian and Muslim populations are about equal in size.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3905607.stm

Published: 2004/07/19 08:47:54 GMT
© BBC MMV

More background:

Gunmen attack Indonesian church
By Tim Johnston
BBC, Jakarta

Seven people have been wounded in a shooting at an Easter church service on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.
Hundreds of people have died on the island in conflicts between Christians and Muslims.

Police said two gunmen burst into the church on Saturday night and sprayed the congregation with automatic weapons fire before escaping.

Hospital staff said on Sunday none of the injured, who included a four-year-old girl, were in imminent danger.

The shootings happened just outside the town of Poso in central Sulawesi, an area that has acquired an unenviable reputation for inter-religious violence.

Different strategy

Hundreds of people have died around Poso, and despite a peace accord signed between leaders of the Muslim and Christian communities in 2001, the region remains a powder keg.

Analysts say that much of the unrest is being stirred up by members of the same group that attacked foreign tourists on the island of Bali a year and a half ago and is unlikely to end any time soon.

A recent report by the International Crisis Group said some members of the group, known as Jemaah Islamiyah (JI), were pursuing a different strategy from the Bali bombers.

It said that this branch of JI believed attacking foreigners was counter-productive and it instead decided to work towards establishing an Islamic state in Indonesia, starting in Poso.

But the report also warns that some militants are likely to become frustrated with the slow progress and return to a more confrontational path.

Saturday's attack may indicate that trend is accelerating.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3617401.stm

Published: 2004/04/11 04:20:09 GMT
© BBC MMV

More:

Eight die in Sulawesi attacks
At least eight people have been killed and 12 wounded in attacks in the religiously-divided Indonesian province of Sulawesi, police say.

An unconfirmed report quoting a police officer said all the victims were Christians.

The attacks by unidentified gunmen occurred in villages near the town of Poso, and come two days after two Christians were killed in another raid.

The latest deaths have raised fears of a resurgence of religious violence in the region, where hundreds of people have been killed since 1999.

Sporadic clashes between Muslims and Christians have continued on Sulawesi, despite the signing of a peace agreement in 2001.

More than 80% of Indonesians are Muslim. But in certain parts of the country, such as central Sulawesi, the number of Christians matches that of the Muslims.

On Friday, armed men attacked a village in the province, killing two Christians. Like the neighbouring Molucca islands, Sulawesi was ravaged by sectarian violence during the 1999-2001 presidency of Abdurrahman Wahid.

His successor, Megawati Sukarnoputri, has brought relative calm to the region.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3184852.stm

Published: 2003/10/12 09:35:43 GMT
© BBC MMV

Iran: 5000 Fanatic Muslim Clerics To US Mosques
by J. Grant Swank, Jr.
Nov 24, 2005

Mosques in America need more clerics. The solution? Send hard-line, fanatic clerics to the United States. Fill in the blanks: the US sleeper cells are getting more murder-hungry clerics by which to instruct neighborhood Muslims in how to rise up and take over America.
They are already taking over the Netherlands by threatening that country with murder in the streets. Therefore, according to recent press reports, the citizens won't speak anything negative about Islam for fear of being murdered.
It's called "self-censorship" there. With that the Muslims can overtake a society.

In Pakistan Muslim males are kidnapping Hindu women from their houses. They force the Hindu females to "convert" to Islam. If others in the family report these crimes, they are in danger of being killed. Therefore, there are some families escaping wholesale to Canada, India and elsewhere. In other words, Muslims can overtake a society by kidnapping young Hindu girls for Islam.

Fill in the blanks regarding this request from American mosques for Iranian cleric increase: It is the Iranian leadership that has declared that "execution of suicide and missile attacks (must be) aimed at 29 sensitive sites." Further: It is the goal of Islamic international killers to "wipe Israel off the world map."....

Copyright 2005 J. Grant Swank, Jr.
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/breakingnews/article_2121482.shtml

Truly sad, never change. It has been alike that for thousand years.

Update:

Light sentence for terrorists who beheaded three Christians

Yesterday a South Jakarta Court condemned three terrorists to 19 years in prison, guilty of having killed three female students in Poso in 2005. Public opinion dissatisfied with the sentence “too light”.

Jakarta (AsiaNews) –19 years in prison for three Islamic terrorists’ guilt of having decapitated three young Christians in Indonesia. The crime took place in 2005 in Poso, a “hotbed” in Central Sulawesi. Yesterday a court in South Jakarta condemned Wiwin Kalahe alias Rahman to 19 years in prison; his accomplices Yudi Heriyanto alias Udit and Agus Nur Muhammad alias Agus Jenggot, received 10 and 14 years detention.

The public responded with dissatisfaction, saying the ruling was too “light” compared to other brutal crimes. The judges admitted that the trio’s terrorist actions provoked widespread anxiety and fear throughout Poso. According to Rohadi, a local from Jakarta, did not take this into consideration when it emitted its verdict: “They should have been sentence to death”. On October 29th the three Christian schoolgirls were walking to school when they were attacked and beheaded with machetes in the area of Gebang Rejo, Poso. Two of the heads were discovered close to a police station the third was left close to a Church. The case deeply moved public opinion both in Indonesia and abroad. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono condemned the triple homicide, which Benedict XVI defined as a “barbarous assassination”.

In December 2006 the Indonesian justice system decided capital punishment for three Catholics - Fabianus Tibo, Marinus Riwu and Domingo da Silva – held responsible for violence against the Muslim community during the Poso conflict. The sentence was carried out despite a chorus of international protest, which denounced irregularities in the trial.

Yesterday the same court condemned a further four terrorists to 14 and 18 years in prison for involvement in making bombs to be used against the Christian community, as well as the explosion of one of the devices in a Christian market in Tentena on May 28 2005. On that occasion 22 people died, while a further 43 were gravely injured. “During the trial – one of the defence lawyers declares – accused recognised their guilt and said their actions were in reaction to the death of Muslims during the long inter-religious conflict in the area”.

Between 1999 and 2001 in Poso, violent clashes between Christians and Muslims – the root cause of which has yet to be clarified – left over one thousand people dead and forced thousands more to flee for safety.
INDONESIA Light sentence for terrorists who beheaded three Christians - Asia News

Oh weird justice from other country because murderer are sentenced to 19 years in prison since USA can be lifetime or death penalty.

Perhaps the death penalty would have been imposed if the perpertrators were christians killing muslims?

Those girls are with Jesus now. I sure hope the 4th girl lived I noticed its dated 2005 on the starting date of the post.

Perhaps the death penalty would have been imposed if the perpertrators were christians killing muslims?
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

In December 2006 the Indonesian justice system decided capital punishment for three Catholics - Fabianus Tibo, Marinus Riwu and Domingo da Silva – held responsible for violence against the Muslim community during the Poso conflict. The sentence was carried out despite a chorus of international protest, which denounced irregularities in the trial.

Back