Choose a cat breed.

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Just wondering about people's choices and preferences.

If I had to get a purebred cat, I'd get a Russian Blue. Apparently, they're a quiet cat and is fine around people.

Purebred cats are really mean cats. *hiss* :ugh: I find mutts much more friendlier. :dunno:

Ragdale cat since I like BIG cats. :) My aunt have one and he weighed 15 lbs. His name is Taz. :)

IF I got a purebred, I think I'd get a Maine Coon or Ragdoll. I like the idea of 20 pounds of cat in my lap!

It would depend on if there was a rescue shelter available that took in abandoned purebreds, though, because I refuse to pay a breeder when there are so many abandoned animals in this world.

Rose Immortal said:
IF I got a purebred, I think I'd get a Maine Coon or Ragdoll. I like the idea of 20 pounds of cat in my lap!

It would depend on if there was a rescue shelter available that took in abandoned purebreds, though, because I refuse to pay a breeder when there are so many abandoned animals in this world.

Rose Immortal,

Ahh.. my hubby really wanted manie coon for long time.. I told him hell no way not this time.. wait until settled new country home first... Have not buy a house yet.. His dream hoped will come his true..

:dizzy:

LOL, you two remind me of my mom and dad. My dad wants a dog, but my mom won't let him until they retire. MAYBE.

So what he does is, when we get cats, he trains the cats to act like dogs!!! ;)

Extactly same thing as my hubby wanted maine coon and Great Dane..
What he thinking about "huge" pet..

*rolls oh please*

I can understand why he wants a big dog, though. In my experience, some big dogs tend to be much friendlier than little dogs. I am much more scared of a Dachshund, for instance, than a big Labrador (even if it wants to jump on me!). In fact, if the Labrador thinks you're hurt, it will mope around being very upset. I also read somewhere (here on AD?) that Great Danes are also very friendly, including with small children.

One time, when I stayed in a hotel, I had to ride in the elevator with this woman who had a tiny little dog she could hold in her arms. This dog stared at me and growled the entire time. Needless to say, I rode the whole way up with my back plastered to the opposite wall of the elevator! The lady was very embarrassed and apologized. But this happens a LOT with small dogs. With big dogs, it's less frequent--though on occasion it does still happen with breeds bred and trained for aggression (Dobermans, Rottweilers, etc.). But less often.

Most of the kitties I had were Oriental Short Hairs (pure black) or Siamese (Blue Point, Seal Point, and Lynx Point). Those are my favorites.

Rose Immortal said:

I have a Ragdoll, so yes, it's very nice to have a warm and big cat sitting on your laps. :)

Rose Immortal said:
LOL, you two remind me of my mom and dad. My dad wants a dog, but my mom won't let him until they retire. MAYBE.

So what he does is, when we get cats, he trains the cats to act like dogs!!! ;)

LOL! Smart man. It must have irritated your mom to no end. But then she will be so used to cats behaving like dogs, so she might be amendable to having a dog someday.

Why breed? I think it's sort of abuse... IMO.

I rather to have neutral cats and dogs. I would adopt stray cats... If I want to have more then go to pet homes to adopt them... They are also beautiful pets, too.

I have 2 stray cats... They are toooo beautiful and clever cats. I love them what they are... Why kind of breed important to you.. just because of their look or what?

With the breeds I named--no reason but size. If I found a large (and friendly) stray, I would be very pleased with that, too.

The reason I would like a large cat is because I enjoy large animals (like big dogs), but I don't have the energy it takes to care for a dog properly. I DO think that I could care for a cat properly, though...I've done some cat-sitting and it worked well.

I don't know if you knew this, but there are animal shelters who dedicate themselves to rescuing purebred cats that have been abandoned or abused. This is the one way that I would get a purebred--no other.

Cats

We have had 2 Bengal cats. The first, a male, passed on from kidney disease, thru no fault of anyone. The 2nd, Kula, a female is a beautiful and intelligent cat and LOOKS wild but isn't. They are just highly perceptive and protective! I reccomend a Bengal cat highly, I would never own another kind! If you need to know more, contact me here thru Im.

Liebling:-))) said:

I rather to have neutral cats and dogs. I would adopt stray cats... If I want to have more then go to pet homes to adopt them... They are also beautiful pets, too.

I have 2 stray cats... They are toooo beautiful and clever cats. I love them what they are... Why kind of breed important to you.. just because of their look or what?
My cats were pure blooded but I didn't breed them myself.
My first Siamese Seal Point was a stray.
The second Siamese Blue Point was a former "show cat" that was "retired" and the owner no longer wanted.
The Siamese Lynx Point was abandoned.
The Oriental black kitty was originally owned by another family. The daughter developed cat allergies, so they let us adopt their kitty.
I also had a snowy white long-hair cat with one bright blue eye, and one golden eye. She had pink ears and nose. She was a nice kitty but I never again want a long-hair cat--too much shedding and grooming.

I prefer those kinds of cats for their looks AND personalities. They were the most snuggly, loving kitties. I can find plenty of pure bred kitties thru shelters, families, and rescue groups. It isn't necessary to go to a breeder or a pet shop.

Lantana said:
We have had 2 Bengal cats. The first, a male, passed on from kidney disease, thru no fault of anyone. The 2nd, Kula, a female is a beautiful and intelligent cat and LOOKS wild but isn't. They are just highly perceptive and protective! I reccomend a Bengal cat highly, I would never own another kind! If you need to know more, contact me here thru Im.
I have a friend who asked me last week if I want older bengal cat, dont know how old this cat is but i did not get this one because of our dog whom love to play rough on our cat and keep other cat away. I would love this cat but afraid she may run away if she came to live with us. Yes they are so beautiful. I fell in love when I first saw them and play with them.

Liebling:-))) said:

good question, sometime people are doing this for business.

Back