Cheney warns of new attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria, if I were you, I would not worried about that. Life is too short!

I know. :) FYI, I am not worried. Just wonder and see if, Obama knows what he is doin' because, he was the one who wanted Gitmo prison to closed. There's a possible that the terrorists are on the loose. Who knows ?

TL;DR
(too long; didn't read)

But from reading the comments by everyone else, I can assume that the major consensus is that Dick is a joke.

Banjo, when 9/11 happened -- don't you think that it is still called " fear-mongerin' " ? After 9/11 hit in America, people lost their trust/faith. And, what about Pentagon when the plane crashed ?

Do you know what fear-mongering is? It's a political tactic used in wartime. Politicians use it to frighten the people and alter their political views. 9/11 was exploited by the politicians for political gains. It's sickening.

This is just a classic textbook of fear-mongering.

Banjo, when 9/11 happened -- don't you think that it is still called " fear-mongerin' " ? After 9/11 hit in America, people lost their trust/faith. And, what about Pentagon when the plane crashed ?

Look at you - it's the result of Bush Administration's fear-mongering strategy. How disappointing.... :roll:

He had access to intelligence as late as 2 weeks ago. The fundamental threats have not changed. He knows what's going on out there. He also isn't divulging any classified information.

no he doesn't.

Isn't there some form of threat everyday??

If I would to sit back and worry about everything that is going on. I would not be living life as I am now. I would be in a straight jacket.

Isn't there some form of threat everyday??
yes. always. probably about a thousand threats per day. that's why we have the biggest defense budget in the world and the 2nd biggest defense budget (China) is nowhere close to it. relax! :cool2:

If I would to sit back and worry about everything that is going on. I would not be living life as I am now. I would be in a straight jacket.
which is why all Presidents grew old within just 4 years :laugh2:

yes. always. probably about a thousand threats per day. that's why we have the biggest defense budget in the world and the 2nd biggest defense budget (China) is nowhere close to it. relax! :cool2:

which is why all Presidents grew old within just 4 years :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2: They do seem to age considerably while in office.

Do you know what fear-mongering is? It's a political tactic used in wartime. Politicians use it to frighten the people and alter their political views. 9/11 was exploited by the politicians for political gains. It's sickening.

This is just a classic textbook of fear-mongering.
I never bought into this "politics of fear" rhetoric. If there really is a danger to our safety and stability, why shouldn't we talk about it? Why shouldn't our leaders tell us what they're going to do about it? So they don't get called "fear-mongers"?

If they're grossly exaggerating a small or non-existent threat, I can understand calling it fear-mongering, but as far as terrorism is concerned, I don't see that. It really is a serious threat.

Re-read this, this time.

Just the musings of an old man that needs to sit down and enjoy the rest of his remaining life..

34hfg2w.jpg

Sums it up best. The rest is just crap that he's trying to teach the new "whippersnappers" a lesson.

I never bought into this "politics of fear" rhetoric. If there really is a danger to our safety and stability, why shouldn't we talk about it? Why shouldn't our leaders tell us what they're going to do about it? So they don't get called "fear-mongers"?

If they're grossly exaggerating a small or non-existent threat, I can understand calling it fear-mongering, but as far as terrorism is concerned, I don't see that. It really is a serious threat.

because the actual threat RARELY occurs in here. It's not like Israel.

Then where is he factually wrong?

and how do you know he still receives the intelligence? Beside - in this article, he's just expressing his "grave concern" toward to Obama's policy. Somebody gives this dude a tv and Mr. Matlock dvd collection.

because the actual threat RARELY occurs in here. It's not like Israel.
Thanks to the effort of the "fear-mongers". Apparently, they've become a victim of their own success.

If you want a list of thwarted attacks, here you go: FOXNews.com - Foiled Terror Plots Against America Since 9/11 - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
The threats are still there. We just don't see them because we keep catching the bad guys. Keep in mind this list doesn't include the information that's locked up that the public won't see for at least fifty years.

and how do you know he still receives the intelligence? Beside - in this article, he's just expressing his "grave concern" toward to Obama's policy. Somebody gives this dude a tv and Mr. Matlock dvd collection.
I didn't say he still receives the intelligence. I said he had access to it up to two weeks ago. That's enough to have an idea of the threat levels around the world.

It's not just Dick Cheney who's concerned about Obama's policies. I'm concerned about them as well. Many serious, intelligent, and well-informed people are. His interview to al Arabiya sent Ahmadinejad and the Iranian mullahs a message of weakness and gave them plenty of propaganda fodder. His actions regarding Guantanamo Bay suggest almost no forethought. His rigid devotion to withdrawing from Iraq in 16 months despite what Petraeus and Gates say indicate a lack of seriousness about the consequences of his decisions. This doesn't even include all his domestic missteps. I can understand that the first few weeks on the job can be difficult, but I really hope he gets his act together quickly.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Re-read this, this time.

Just the musings of an old man that needs to sit down and enjoy the rest of his remaining life..

34hfg2w.jpg

Sums it up best. The rest is just crap that he's trying to teach the new "whippersnappers" a lesson.

:laugh2:

It´s your fault, Cheney for create torture camp to "train" the Muslim and Arabs into terrorists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back