Charlotte Rioting Is Awful

So much for FOIA.
If the law violates federal law it can be challenged in the courts. Laws that are passed in CA or voted on at the polls are overturned all the time in the court here.
Usually you have to file FOIA papers to see what you want to see anyway.

Well, well. The wife filed a restraining order against him last year, because she said he had a gun. I doubt it's the same gun.

Where did you here about it? If the law is in fact true, the governor and the state are sending the wrong message to their constituents, namely they (the police) have something to hide.

Last edited:
Reba gave update with the link I commented on.

Sadly, the law is real. Once it goes in effect on Oct. 1.

Here's the link on the law. http://abc11.com/politics/new-law-makes-police-cam-footage-off-limits-to-public/1422569/
Thanks. I've got to guess it will be challenged in the courts, since the police our employed by the people of the state, what they do is public property and if they do something wrong the people need to know about it. NC must have something to hide if they have enacted a law like this. This law is probably why the chief only released the video's he did and in a week he will come on TV and use this new law as to why he can't release the other video's. If something happens out in public, you will have probably a number of people filming it, so it will be released anyway, but if it's on private property, other than family, who will be getting the word out?

The police in Boston , Ma are just starting to wear body cameras so I wonder if a law like will happen here too. It said the "the police are not trying to hide anything " BS ! Then maybe people will should start wearing body cameras when they're not able to use their cell phones to record things. Their families should have rights to see what been recorded if something happen with police.

In San Jose, several years ago (2014)police tried to confiscate the cell phones of people filming the police shooting a woman holding a Makita cordless drill, or they tried to make them erase the footage they shot of the shooting. Some gave up their phones and others told the police to get a court order. The police threatened them with arrest if they didn't give them up. That same year the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Riley v. California that warrantless searches and seizures of cellphones and their contents during an arrest were unconstitutional. This was totally the act of trying to protect one of their own when they found out the woman was carrying a cordless drill. LaDoris Cordell, the IPA and a retired judge, said the SJPD duty manual makes clear that as long as they are not interfering with police duties, citizens are free to record officers working in public view.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...-threaten-witness-refused-hand-camera-arrest/

http://www.mercurynews.com/2014/09/...o-seize-my-phone-says-man-who-recorded-scene/

You want them to be silent?

Many blacks have issues with police officers for many years until they are exposed by smartphone's cameras that spread to social networking.

It is necessary to show a truth about corruption in police department and government because issues are ignored for many decades.
Never said the media should be silent. They are clearly not showing enough facts to the real world where they get confused with mixed stories from certain things and they all get upset over something they don't really understand or even know the whole story from anything that happens. Usually, they jump the gun without finding complete evidence over something.

Never said the media should be silent. They are clearly not showing enough facts to the real world where they get confused with mixed stories from certain things and they all get upset over something they don't really understand or even know the whole story from anything that happens. Usually, they jump the gun without finding complete evidence over something.

Without media, it will spread over the social networking.

McCrory is sure doing everything in his power to destroy NC before November....

He may be the biggest reason I vote...

McCrory is sure doing everything in his power to destroy NC before November....

He may be the biggest reason I vote...
I'm so embarrassed to see what is happening to my home state lately.

Hey, you guys. I'm disappointed in my home state, CA, too. Welcome to the club.

Anyway, They have posted the wife's restraining order documents online. There were two separate restraining orders against him. First, He stabbed her and abused her. Later, she dismissed the restraining order. The second restraining order was from last year. He abused his kids and wife and said he threatened to kill them with his gun. He said he was a killer. She even said it was his 9mm gun. Later, she dismissed it and said he was no longer threat to them.

Couldn't believe the mall hired him to be a mall security guard unless he discloses his past. He was a ex-felon and shouldn't have a gun in the first place.

There are many reasons why we look down at those black protesters. We are getting tired of their awful behavior nowadays. They need to learn to do the steps first, not protesting. They need to look up the white people's role. They would do the steps first. THe final would be a supreme court. Why cant they just use their common sense? They need to stop do those nonsense..

There are many reasons why we look down at those black protesters. We are getting tired of their awful behavior nowadays. They need to learn to do the steps first, not protesting. They need to look up the white people's role. They would do the steps first. THe final would be a supreme court. Why cant they just use their common sense? They need to stop do those nonsense..

1) Many white people have awful behaviors so that's not make any difference.

2) Black people have been discriminated and mistreated by our government for centuries.

3) Black people are more likely to be targeted by law enforcement agencies, even many law abiding blacks are stopped or detained unnecessary.

4) Civil Rights Movement (protest) helped the Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act in 1964. There is difference between protest and riot.

5) Black people are victim of white privilege for centuries, also our government is contributed to cause the racial tension, also black people are more likely to be poor and unemployed, that contributed to high crime rate due lack of opportunities.

Your post won't make their situation better, but it will make worse and more racial tension.

We need government incentives to help with minorities, not put them in jail or trapped in poverty.

restraining orders are a joke ! A piece of paper isn't going to stop an abusive person from going after their victims. Too many people are being killed and this is people of all races when a restraining order been issue . When I was going to college we had to go to women crisis centers and we told that men that had restraining orders were trying to track down their victims and the women had to moved to a safe house in the middle of the night. And some women had children that needed to be moved too. The law wait until the women is beaten within inches of her death or killed before doing anything with the suspects ! Society need to do a better job in trying to understand other people and their fears or this killing will never stop.

The only thing I agree with is that rioting is the wrong way to justify the means and tell the officials your as mad as hell and not going to take it anymore! A peaceful boycott of the city and it's business's would be a better and safer way to get what they want and that is equal protection under the laws. There have been a number of Supreme Court cases regarding the treatment of Blacks over the years and everyone of them have been ignored by primarily southern states until the federal government stepped in to enforce the decisions. I would never look down at "those black protesters" because until you walk in their shoes, you know nothing about what they have to put up with on a daily basis. How would you like to have a 40% greater chance to be shot and killed by a police officer because of the color of your skin? You might change the way you are thinking if you were faced with the same odds and circumstances.

Back